World MTV Spider show

Ultimate Doom said:
well i dont know if this is part of that MTV show but it looks like theres going to be more i think

check it out- Hobgoblin: A test done by Foundation Imaging for a Spiderman TV series for Sony.

http://www.splinegod.com/spiderman.htm - theres videos and pictures

It does look ALOT like the show or unless they are doing a new spidey show

hobgoblin_gn.jpg
I sure hope that is a sign that the MTV show is returning, but just not on MTV hopefully..:(....I think this "Hobgoblin" thing also may be a clue as to who is in S-M3. Possibly the first new episode of this show happens right after S-M3.....:confused:

Is this show going to have a season 2,or are they gonna at least make a new spidey series?

And it's cool that they base some of the villains on the movie,but they should at least make there own versions of the ones that hadn't made it to the movie,instead of leaving them out of the show for good.

That Hobgoblin would look cool in the series,we need more classic villains,and not some crappy made up ones.

When was the last episode on,why doesn't the creators of the show try and get the show on a different station?Didn't the dvd sales show that this show is a gold mine?

If a new Spider-Man season comes on TV it probably won't have any connection to the MTV series. I'd bet you that they'd just start fresh and try and keep it away from the stories that were told throughout the three Spider-Man movies.

Morgoth said:
I think I'm going to get the dvd with the whole season and give it another chance. I wish they hadn't put it on mtv, then it might have had a better audience and had lasted longer. To have a cliff hanger ending to the last episode and no follow up sucks big time. I hate stuff like that!

I know. I'm sure it'll never be back.

Too bad too, since this is the definitive Spider-Man to me. Great characterizations and great dialogue and great action.

Chris Wallace said:
Okay, but wasn't everybody on the show pretty much an EMO? I have never seen Peter trase e-mails or hang out at a coffee stand. And that's just the tip of the iceberg on how their personalities were botched.

Uh, Peter in the movies is the definition of EMO. He's a little crybaby ***** - that's what emo's all about.

Its amazing. As time goes on, one would expect for things to naturally progress and to learn from ones mistakes but Marvel, at least with all their spider-man properties keep f'ing it up. Relying on the movies as a means to maintain some sort of "success" for the spider-man brand is a complete and utter joke. The fact is there just isn't any more raw talent. People rely on the basic, quick and easy with short term perspectives that ultimately provide piss-poor performance and unfortunately its showing now more than ever in the comics too.

Do you think they will make a season 2 after the third movie has come out,because then we could get some more villains added from the movie big time.

-Green Goblin from S-M
-Doc Ock from S-M2
-
Sandman,Green Goblin 2,and Venom
from S-M3

And they can even make some other villains that they know won't be in the movie any time soon,like Hydro Man,and Man Wolf.

Personally, I wish they'd bring it back just so they could undo the cliffhanger from the first season.

I like to think of it as its own distinct continuity, separate from the movies, the comics or any previous cartoon, in which it's closed & finished.

Its defintely dead and done with no real ties except the brief movie mentions as its basis.

I watched a couple episodes of the MTV show. It wasn't horrible...but it certainly wasn't good.

I bought the complete season on DVD. It took awhile for me to get into it but now I love it.

Some of my favorites,especially Talon.:)

:spidey:

Attachments

• t-08.jpg
    t-08.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 54
  • t-10.jpg
    t-10.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 53
  • 78.jpg
    78.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 11
You think they will announce a season 2 at Comic Con?

GoldGoblin said:
You think they will announce a season 2 at Comic Con?

It's been so long since the first season aired, I think it's pretty clear that the show's long dead by now. Even if a new Spidey toon were announced, and even if that toon were done in CGI, I doubt they'd follow the storylines from a show that ended three years prior. Especially since they've made it clear that if the show ever had continued, it wouldn't have been on the same network.

If it doesn't come out before S-M3,then I guess it really is gone.Why don't they just make it for dvd if they can't air it on another network.

Well, the series did appear post-Spider-man. So I really wouldn't count out another possible animated series. I just honestly wouldn't expect a sequel to this one.

GoldGoblin said:
If it doesn't come out before S-M3,then I guess it really is gone.Why don't they just make it for dvd if they can't air it on another network.
How many shows have done that even?

deathshead2 said:
How many shows have done that even?

^I don't know.But even movies that come out in theaters come out on dvd three months later,because they know the dvd sales is where they will make there money,not in the theaters.

So maybe the spidey series should just skip another station all together and go straight to dvd.

Its return is pretty unlikely, to say the least.

they had the Lizard on the show being played by rob zoombie so they probaly dont care that much about following the movies.

giggs11uk said:
they had the Lizard on the show being played by rob zoombie so they probaly dont care that much about following the movies.

They made the show between the first two movies, though. They didn't know that Connors was gonna show up in the second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"