World MTV Spider show

Ultimate is miles above this show.The only competition it has for the title of worst is Spider-Man Unlimited.And I'd say it still wins there.

At least the MTV series didn't turn Spider-Man into a joke. I can't get through one single episode of Ultimate Spider-Man without skipping through it.

It felt like they were using scripts that even Smallville had rejected and adapted them to Pete,Harry and MJ.It felt nothing like the tone of Raimi's SM 1 despite supposedly being in continuity.It felt more in line with TASM,which is why it's probably getting the minor applause it has. They were clearly going for MTV's "hip n trendy" crowd of the day.

It was supposed to be a loose continuation of Raimi's SM1, and was never supposed to capture the same tone of it.

At least the MTV series didn't turn Spider-Man into a joke. I can't get through one single episode of Ultimate Spider-Man without skipping through it.

It was supposed to be a loose continuation of Raimi's SM1, and was never supposed to capture the same tone of it.

oh bad place yeah to that... I would rather watch MTV Spidey over USM ANY day of the week... MTV is tolerable... USM is just relentlessly unbearable...

I like the MTV series for what it is. USM is just a piece of trash.

"Spider-Man, reporting for duty, sir!"

jiFfM.jpg

THIS would be MORE appropriate for a facepalm... :woot:

3562790-facepalm_spider-man.jpg

I have never seen Ultimate Spider-man...is it really that bad? I see it being bashed everywhere...

If you are a child with ADD, then you might find USM watchable.

Otherwise, get ready for a lot of this.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU6sn54C_AA[/YT]

I saw a few episodes of The New Animated Series. I didn't really like it, but it's definitely better than USM trash.

All you have to do is watch the first 5-10 minutes or so of USM just to see how bad it is.

Is the writing bad... or the animation is bad or everything is bad or what. Lol

Is the writing bad... or the animation is bad or everything is bad or what. Lol
The writing is awful. The animation is fine (though I prefer TSSM's animation), but its basically the writing that ruins it. It also feels like a Disney cartoon.

I still hate how badly arranged the episodes were aired for the MTV show
"On the next episode" You see Flash, and when the next episode comes, it's Christina's episode or some other distorted arrangement

Ah as a toddler I didn't even know what chronology is. I remember I tend to like 3d animation, maybe that's why I love this so much... I also thought Beast Machines was cooler than G1.

I still hate how badly arranged the episodes were aired for the MTV show
"On the next episode" You see Flash, and when the next episode comes, it's Christina's episode or some other distorted arrangement

Oh yeah, when it first aired, they showed the episodes in the wrong order. Way to go, MTV.

Ah as a toddler I didn't even know what chronology is. I remember I tend to like 3d animation, maybe that's why I love this so much... I also thought Beast Machines was cooler than G1.

I was drawn to the show at the time, other than the fact that it was Spider-Man, because of the 3D animation. My grandfather would record all the episodes on tape for me (as well as the 90s animated series when it aired on fox kids) and make VHS collections for me so I could re-watch them all the time.

Oh yeah, when it first aired, they showed the episodes in the wrong order. Way to go, MTV.

I was drawn to the show at the time, other than the fact that it was Spider-Man, because of the 3D animation. My grandfather would record all the episodes on tape for me (as well as the 90s animated series when it aired on fox kids) and make VHS collections for me so I could re-watch them all the time.

Ah, dude- I've got the VHS collections, too! The 90s show & this one. I colored on the blank cover with crayons a picture of Spidey and all his villains and the city in the background. I gotta find those someday and try to see what I can do to watch them again. Then there will be an influx of feels.

You can probably convert those VHS tapes to DVD, though that can be awfully expensive.

Could we please have a Spider-Man thread that doesn't bash Ultimate?

It's. Not. That. Bad. You all are sounding like children at this point. Comparing it to cancer, mocking the people who enjoy it, and going off-topic just to say it sucks. Give me a break. :o

I think Ultimate is one of the best Spider-Man shows out there. If you have a problem with that, then get out of here. Calling someone a guitared 6 year old makes you look like a jerk ya know?

I have never seen Ultimate Spider-man...is it really that bad? I see it being bashed everywhere...

Don't listen to what they say, at least give it a watch. It's not as horrible as most make it out to be. It's actually a decently-made show. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"