MTV's The Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havok83

Avenger
Reaction score
Well the new season is going to start next month. It is labeled The Challenge: Cutthroat.

Here's the promo

[YT]GmYKXmPY18g[/YT]

Here's the wikipedia description of the new concept

This season of The Challenge will feature a brand new format, consisting of three teams of ten players – five men and five women on each team. The three teams will participate in numerous challenges (sometimes called "missions"), which are followed by an elimination challenge, known as the "Gulag." The team who wins a challenge will receive a cash prize of $20,000 to be split evenly among the team members and placed in their individual bank accounts, as well as winning immunity from the Gulag.

The two losing teams will then be forced to choose one player of each gender from each losing team for possible elimination. Each player will cast secret votes to decide which two men and two women will battle in same-gender Gulags. The winning players will rejoin their respective teams and stay in the game, while the losing players will be eliminated from the game and lose all of their prize money in their individual bank accounts.

And the cast and teams

Red Team

c0w1838.jpg

Brad - RW San Diego
Brandon - Fresh Meat II
Camila - Spring Break Challenge
Chet - RW BK
Dunbar - RW Sydney
Melinda - RW Austin
Paula - RW Key West
Tori - RR Viewers Revenge
Tyler - RW Key West

Blue Team

c0w1900.jpg

Derek - RW Cancun
Derrick - RR X-treme
Emilee - RW Cancun
Emily - RW DC
Eric - Fresh Meat
Jenn - RW Denver
Johnny - RW Key West
Katie -RR The Quest
Theresa - Fresh Meat II
Ty - RW DC

Gray Team

c0w1953.jpg

Abram - RR South Pacific
Ayiiia - RW Cancun
Cara - Fresh Meat II
Dan - RR Viewers Revenge
JD - RW BK
Laurel - Fresh Meat II
Luke - Fresh Meat II
Sarah - RW BK
Shauvon - RW Sydney
Vinny - Fresh Meat II

http://www.mtv.com/shows/rwrr_challenge/cutthroat/cast.jhtml

So what does everyone think? I LOVE that they have changed up the format bc for so long its been the same thing every single year. I do like some of the cast but theres alot of unknowns here. Too much Cancun for me as I didnt watch that year and what is up with all the Fresh Meat? I barely remember them. So far, I think I will be rooting for the Blue team. They have more people that I like and have some strong competitors. LOL...the Gray team looks pathetic. What is up with them being littered with Fresh Meat? Barely seems fair

Last edited:
The Gray team looks like it's made of fail. Man, poor Abram... :csad:

The Gray team looks like it's made of fail. Man, poor Abram... :csad:
I love Abram and am so glad he's back, but man what a horrible team to stick him on. I think they may have done so to see if he'd blow up on any of his teammates bc its filled with underachievers and losers

The only formidable one in the bunch is Laurel.

I didn't know the Spring Break Challenge ppl were eligible.

I didnt even know there was a Spring Break Challenge
lol the spring break challenge was a week long challenge during Spring Break.It was ok.The format was that I think 5 alumni had a team of maybe 5 or 6.Each team would get eliminated one by one.I remember there being this one chick on there named Aimee who had this raspy smokers voice that surprised the hell out of me.

A season without Kenny...... just feels wrong to me.

I can deal with it.I need a break from Kenny.This needs more Coral or Miz(yes I'm aware he's a wrestler now)

Personally, Im sick of seeing the Key West people, especially Paula. Imiss crazy Tina from South Pacific. She's been sitting out too many Challenges

A break from Kenny and Wes--that guy's a real dbag

They both are, but unlike Wes, Kenny makes me laugh my ass off.

Wow, I can barely recognize any of these people. Who's the girl with the red hair on the gray time?

Anyone wanna guess who Abram will hulk out on this time?

It's kind of easy to rip on the Gray team...until you look at the other two teams. They're all pretty sad looking.

Wow, I can barely recognize any of these people. Who's the girl with the red hair on the gray time?

Anyone wanna guess who Abram will hulk out on this time?
Laurel from the last Fresh Meat challenge.She was Kenny's partner.

I challenge MTV to put on a show that's worth watching for legitimate, non-"Wow, this is going to be a trainwreck" reasons.

Surprised to see Melinda here without any of her Austin castmates. Usually they travel in packs

Yeah, I'm surprised Danny would let her go anywhere without him.

Oh jeez.... is that CT I saw in the new promo?

Surprised to see Melinda here without any of her Austin castmates. Usually they travel in packs

Danny and Melinda actually divorced, so it's unlikely we'll them on a challenge together anytime soon ha.

And, also yeah that was CT in the preview, apparently
CT and Tina from Road Rules make a surprise entrance towards the end of the season.

I know too much about these shows and people...

Danny and Melinda actually divorced, so it's unlikely we'll them on a challenge together anytime soon ha.

And, also yeah that was CT in the preview, apparently
CT and Tina from Road Rules make a surprise entrance towards the end of the season.

I know too much about these shows and people...
Even without Danny, theres Johanna, Wes and Nehemiah. I think this is the first challenge where the Austin cast has come alone. Id imagine she's still friends with Johanna. Its no biggie as I got sick of seeing them anyway

Shauvon: "I'll kill you in your face"

:lmao:

This secret ballot is gonna cause a lot of drama :up:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"