The Island

AndThePickles

Kiss the girl
Reaction score
MTV's next Real World/Road Rules Challenge show is called "The Island." The season premiere is Wednesday, September 10 at 10 p.m. ET.

Official website: http://www.mtv.com/ontv/dyn/rwrr_challenge_the_island/series.jhtml
Somewhere off the coast of Panama, 20 former Real Worlders and Road Rulers are dropped into shark-infested waters. After swimming for safety, they come upon The Island. Here, veterans and rookies alike will compete for a share of a $300,000 buried treasure during the latest season of The Real World/Road Rules Challenge.

But this time around, say goodbye to weekly challenges because survival is the only challenge. Gone are the days when a comfy bed and a fully stocked bar greeted the contestants after a difficult day. On The Island, competitors will have to find their own food and shelter. Staying in the game won't be half as hard as staying alive in the harsh jungle wilderness.

And, for the first time ever, there are no predetermined teams going into this Real World/Road Rules Challenge. That means it's up to the contestants to forge their own alliances -- or not. Who will be left out? Who will opt to be a loner? Which alliances will be torn apart by treachery? Only time will tell...

Of course, the social aspect is only one facet of this complex competition. During their time on The Island, contestants must construct two boats that they will eventually use to reach a nearby island. On the other island, $300,000 in gold awaits the first four people to lay claim to it. How will they build these boats? Materials will be air-dropped in every few days, but it's up to the contestants to assemble the pieces and make sure their vessels are seaworthy.

Once the boats are complete, only eight key-holders will be allowed to board. In order to get a key, contestants must risk it all in a three-way face-off. Yup, each week three contestants do battle, and one leaves -- leaves for the other island, that is. After each face-off, the winner receives a key, and one of the losers is voted off The Island. Naturally, the rules can change at any time and no key-holder is ever completely safe.

While friendships and alliances are extremely important in such a cutthroat game, romance just might trump them both. When old flames are reunited and new relationships emerge, anything can happen. Some contestants might let their hearts lead them right out of the game while others might try to charm their way to victory. But no matter what happens, drama is inevitable.

Anything goes in this 20-person melee, but only four will emerge victorious. It's a race for buried treasure unlike any other, where staying alive is just as important as staying ahead of the game. Drama, heartbreak and treachery are all guaranteed, so just one question remains: who will conquer The Island?

I personally think this challenge will be awesome...can't wait! :woot:

The Players:

abram.jpg
Abram- Road Rules: South Pacific

ashli.jpg
Ashli- The Real World: Sydney

cohutta.jpg
Cohutta- The Real World: Sydney

colie.jpg
Colie- The Real World: Denver

dan.jpg
Dan- Road Rules: Viewers' Revenge

dave.jpg
Dave- The Real World: Hollywood

derrick.jpg
Derrick- Road Rules: X-Treme

dunbar.jpg
Dunbar- The Real World: Sydney

evelyn.jpg
Evelyn- Fresh Meat

jenn.jpg
Jenn- The Real World: Denver

johanna.jpg
Johanna- The Real World: Austin

johnny.jpg
Johnny- The Real World: Key West

kellyanne.jpg
KellyAnne- The Real World: Sydney

kenny.jpg
Kenny- Fresh Meat

paula.jpg
Paula- The Real World: Key West

rachel.jpg
Rachel- Road Rules: Campus Crawl

robin.jpg
Robin- The Real World: San Diego

ryan.jpg
Ryan- Fresh Meat

tonya.jpg
Tonya- The Real World: Chicago

tyrie.jpg
Tyrie- The Real World: Denver

Abram's back? Oh boy, but on the plus side...no CT!

Or even better, no Diem trying to excuse the *****ebaggery of CT.

I stopped watching these things a few seasons ago. I just lost track of em.

Lol. These people seem to have no personal lives or jobs at all. God, what is this, Tonya's 30th season?

I hate that these Challenges are the same old people. At least Rachel is back from her long hiatus although she took a trip down to fuglyville. Have no clue who the Sydney cast were. I really wish there was more Hollywood members. Id have picked some of the other cast before Dave

He's a freakin *******. If I was there, I'd want to kick him in the balls.

I love Kenny! I didnt realize this was starting last week but thankfully MTV replays it about 20 times. Im not into the concept but at least its different. Im not really getting it much either. TJ says there will be no challenges this season yet they proceed to have a challenge the next segment. Whatever

These people are ****s. I found the hooking up segment disgusting with them making out, talking about having sex and stuff. Its really nasty bc they all hook up with the SAME people. I wonder how many diseases have been passed around within the RW/RR cast

Robin is notorious for saying uncalled for ****. She's totally out of line next week

Robin is perhaps bitter in this case because she's gotten fatter and no one seems to be flirting with her much this challenge. I mean, she does have a point about Johanna, but still :csad:

Robin is perhaps bitter in this case because she's gotten fatter and no one seems to be flirting with her much this challenge. I mean, she does have a point about Johanna, but still :csad:

I'd still tap Robin! And yeah, she is right about Johanna, 'cause she can't last on her own merit.

And no one should be complaining about alliances this season. It's technically everyone for themselves until the finale, so you might as we assemble a four person team and strategize how to be one of the two four-person teams at he end. But at the same time, everyone needs to be able to pull their wait.

Dave leaving made me laugh, especially since he thought he was this big tough guy on The Real World. Him leaving only proves that he was always all talk.

Piece of s***. :down

I'd like to see Will be on a challenge. He'd probably start crying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"