Muppet Movies

Drizzle

Harkissin'
Reaction score
All this talk of "The Muppet Christmas Carol" in the Christmas movies thread got me reminiscing and made me want to bring this up. The Muppet movies have, for the most part, been pretty good. I remember a lot of them from when I was a kid, though there are a few that I haven't seen, like "Muppets from Space" onwards. But the ones I remember most are the classics.

The Muppet Movie (1979)
[YT]jSFLZ-MzIhM[/YT]

The Great Muppet Caper (1981)
[YT]8QTmzdUOJEQ[/YT]

The Muppets Take Manhattan (1984)
[YT]g0P5FzSe3qw[/YT]

The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992)
[YT]KBthi_An5qQ[/YT]
Michael Caine is still my favorite Scrooge.

Muppet Treasure Island (1996)
[YT]wKhtO8k0ILg[/YT]

And even though they're not traditional Muppet movies, you can't forget "Labyrinth" and "The Dark Crystal".

[YT]8UoG-xQ9Lqc[/YT]

I only got he Muppets Take Manhattan on vsh and mummpets from space on dvd. i also have mummpets christmas carol on vsh.

The Muppet Christmas Carol is the best Christmas movie ever made. And the best Muppet movie. I also enjoyed Muppet Treasure Island and Muppets from space (which had Gonzo driving a lawnmower to James Brown's ''Get Up Offa That Thing'' and Kermit on a bicycle)

Nowadays, the Muppets kinda suck. Lame jokes, and featuring some very bad actors (Muppet Wizard of Oz, and A Very Merry Muppet Christmas were disasters) but I still love the characters.

Jim Henson was/is God. A man with nothing but positivity who died way too early. A hero.

Muppet Movie is a classic that I turn on every now and then. Hell it has Orson Welles in it! :cmad: I like how each Muppet Movie has it's own distinct charm, however the only half-way decent Muppet Producting in recent years has been A Very Muppet Christmas, Wizard of Oz sucked SO BAD!

I have stayed away from the more-recent "Disney Muppets".

Gonzo's my favorite character... ah, the days before cgi, real live puppets were all we had. Yoda, Kermit, fozzy... oh and little shop of horrors. I think we've become to dependent on cgi to do what puppets have done for decades, and cheaper.

Moving right along...

Muppets from Space was ok. Not as good as the others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"