The Dark Knight David Julyan should totally do the music.

I don’t understand something.

David Julyan scored Memento, Insomnia, and now he just finished the score for The Prestige, which are ALL Christopher Nolan films. However, when it comes to Batman Begins, Nolan wants nothing to do Julyan. WHY? I think David Julyan is just as talented, if not MORE talented than Zimmer and Howard. He would create such an awesome score for The Dark Knight, but instead, Zimmer is back.

It SICKENS me that Hans Zimmer is returning. His music in Batman Begins was so GENERIC, and could’ve been thrown into ANY Jerry Bruckheimer/Michael Bay movie. Batman had no THEME!!!

However, David Julyan’s music is so EMOTIONAL, so moody and DARK, and it’s exactly what Batman is supposed to be. Batman’s music isn’t about action and over-the-topness. It’s about DARKNESS. It’s like he creates “beautiful evilness”.

Listen to David Julyan’s work for Nolan’s movies. He also scored The Descent, and he did an excellent on that too.

MEMENTO
http://www.amazon.com/gp/music/clip.../0/ref=mu_sam_wma_001_007/002-9968894-6156045

INSOMNIA
http://www.amazon.com/gp/music/clip.../0/ref=mu_sam_wma_001_001/002-9968894-6156045

THE DESCENT (Not a Nolan film)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/music/clipserve/B000EYK29G001004/0/ref=mu_sam_wma_001_004/002-9968894-6156045

After hearing those samples… you’re telling me that David Julyan isn’t capable of scoring The Dark Knight?? YOU’VE GOT TO BE KIDDING.

Nolan needs to stick to his crew here. Julyan KNOWS Nolan, and when he scores his movies, he UNDERSTANDS what Nolan is doing and it’s therefore easier for him to score his films. He makes music that is exactly what Nolan is feeling when he’s directing. I can’t even imagine what Julyan would do with a Batman movie. It gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.

Nolan + Julyan = The Only Way To Go!!!

There are a few ways I could respond to this but I really don't feel inspired to do so since it is TOTALLY A MOOT POINT.

Howard and Zimmer has already been confirmed as doing the score so thats that.

its a very old thread though dude.

so it doesn't really matter.

:)

I'd love to have Julyan on for TDK. I enjoyed the BB score, but it felt a little too mainstream action fareesque to me.

I am not Sloth

A Novel
by

Raybia

I would like to read that book.

Chapter One: Rocky Road.
Chapter Two: Sloth love Chunk.
Chapter Three: Sloth Save Life.
Epilogue: Sloth and Chunk; the love adventure continues.

Ok.. I'll stop. :(

I would like to read that book.

Chapter One: Rocky Road.
Chapter Two: Sloth love Chunk.
Chapter Three: Sloth Save Life.
Epilogue: Sloth and Chunk; the love adventure continues.

Ok.. I'll stop. :(

Only 3 chapters? That book sucks. :csad:

Chapter 1 sounds interesting though.

I´m perfectly happy with Zimmer and Howard´s score for the Batman movies. I wouldn´t be against Julyan, but I´m more than satisfied with the current team.

The guys doing the BB score were good enough to keep them. In fact they bwere more than just good.

The guys doing the BB score were good enough to keep them. In fact they bwere more than just good.

Agreed. First Batman score since Elfman/Walker that I find listenable and compelling.

The "theme" played in the very beginning, during the DC logo and bat swarm forming the bat symbol, which returns a few times once Bruce starts going out as Batman, sends shivers down my spine its so ominous and intense. Perfect for Batman.

Although Elfman's theme is great, something like that would be too triumphant sounding and uplifting for this Batman series.

The "theme" played in the very beginning, during the DC logo and bat swarm forming the bat symbol, which returns a few times once Bruce starts going out as Batman, sends shivers down my spine its so ominous and intense. Perfect for Batman.

Although Elfman's theme is great, something like that would be too triumphant sounding and uplifting for this Batman series.
I agree it wouldnt fit in this series but it is better than anything in BB to be honest. The fact that BB didnt have a theme was one of the only things that really disappointed me, the score was okay, but thats it. Not bad but nothing that sticks out. Elfmans Batman themes were brillent and iconic, I dont see anything from BB being remembered in 18 years, score-wise.

I think Nolan just wanted a more assurable epic score for Batman and perhaps he wasn't sure that David Julyan could give that to him. Or Nolan and Julyan didn't agree on the exact take musically a la to Peter Jackson and Howard Shore parting ways for KING KONG.

Obviously Nolan and Julyan still are on good terms as he scored THE PRESTIGE, I personally think Nolan just wanted something a bit different, something that he knew would stand out, for BATMAN BEGINS.

Also, post-script: Zimmer is returning, and I'm sure Newton-Howard will return too. I personally loved their score for BEGINS and I believe they'll knock it out of the park for THE DARK KNIGHT. For all the crap that Zimmer gets, he remains one of my alltime favorite contemporary movie composers. His work for HANNIBAL was just inspired.

The two wrote a theme for Batman for Begins, but it wasn't used as it was rightfully determined that Batman was just coming into place and really did not merit his own theme. I guarantee you that they will have a theme in The Dark Knight. I loved the BB score (much more than I enjoyed Elfman's score, because besides the theme, there wasn't much else that was great. And this isn't a diss on Elfman, because I love Elfman's work). I'm quite happy they will be returning to do the score for The Dark Knight.

and Seen, James Newton Howard DID do the score for Kong, coming in very late to replace Howard Shore, who's music no doubt sounded way too similar to his Lord of the Rings score.

^Thanks for correcting me -- I meant to say Shore, but instead wrote Newton Howard.

The two wrote a theme for Batman for Begins, but it wasn't used as it was rightfully determined that Batman was just coming into place and really did not merit his own theme.

I dont believe any of that crap about Batman not earning his theme, ive heard it a few times, I actually think they just couldnt come up with one worthy of Batman so they gave that excuse.

I dont believe any of that crap about Batman not earning his theme, ive heard it a few times, I actually think they just couldnt come up with one worthy of Batman so they gave that excuse.

The theme exists, genius.

Get out your Batman Begins DVD (assuming you have one and are not merely trolling here), go to the endcredits, and approximately 7 minutes into the credit track, you will hear the Batman theme. :o

The "Batman" theme is also present during the second hour of the film, particularly noticeable during the scenes in The Narrows and the climax involving the monorail.

The theme exists, genius.

Get out your Batman Begins DVD (assuming you have one and are not merely trolling here), go to the endcredits, and approximately 7 minutes into the credit track, you will hear the Batman theme. :o
Just checked. You mean 7 minutes...or 8? Cause both have a "theme". If someone can give the exact timetrack on the DVD that'd be great. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"