My four-year-old daughter has a blood disorder

Danger Mouse

Kitchen Appliance
Reaction score
She may be thalassemic. Her results are in and we're on the way to the doctor for further details.

Please pray for her. Thank you.

Sorry to hear that DM, my best to you and family

THAT SUCKS, EVERYBODY'S FAMILY MEMBERS ARE SICK :(

what's thalassemic

my heart goes out to you and her, buddy :(

Sorry to hear that dude, hope she gets better.

...:( My day just got worse...

Danger, my thread-molesting-buddy, I hope every thing is going to go okay with your thread-molester-in-training...

:(

Good luck with your kid. Disorders suck. A lot.

Danger Mouse said:
She may be thalassemic. Her results are in and we're on the way to the doctor for further details.

I hope things aren't as bad as they might be.

I wish you, your family, and your daughter the best.

Danger Mouse said:

That sucks, man. she looks like a great kid; i'll definitely do that. :(

DM, you and your family are definitely in my prayers, my brother! :(

Hopefully (or I pray that), the initial diagnosis is incorrect.

Elijya said:
what's thalassemic

my heart goes out to you and her, buddy :(

It's a genetic disorder that causes underproduction of hemoglobin and RBCs.

For those who need to know.

Thalassemic - An inherited form of anemia occurring chiefly among people of Mediterranean descent, caused by faulty synthesis of part of the hemoglobin molecule.

Sorry to hear about this, no one child should ever have to experience that. Wish you the best of luck.

Man, My thoughts and hopes are with her.

sorry to hear that DM buddy :(

ill include her in my prayers.
best of luck.

If left untreated, thalassemia can cause heart failure, but with a program of periodic blood transfusions and proper medications to prevent the accumulation of iron in the heart and liver, her quality of life should be minimally affected. She just will never get to eat cookies and drink orange juice at the high school blood drive, that's all, and her husband to be will have to get blood tested to make sure he does not have the same genetic disorder so as not to have complications with procreation.

It's been said before... but, I'm sorry to hear that DM. I remember you posting pictures of your daughter, and she's absolutely adorable. Good luck with the treatment; little kids can be amazingly strong.

:( I didnt want to wake up to this, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family . :(

DM and I talk a lot (when my work schedual allows)....and I knew he was awaiting the blood test results from her being hospitalized last week.....I'm extremely saddened to hear what they came up with.

You know Carla and I send our love and prayers, bud.

She's in my prayers, DM. I wish you all the hope and luck in the world.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you DM. I hope everything works out well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"