My reboot of Trilogy (Open for criticism)

E

eskemosex

Ok to be honest I never saw Evolutions nor do i want to because i believe it's already changed the story to much and left out to many characters and lets face it a lot of people wanted to see this to see live action adaptations of the cartoon characters, so the more the merrier right. so without further a due my ideas for a trilogy.

Dragon Ball 1 : Start with breif intro of gokus ship landing on earth. Cut to goku trainging with master roshi for a world tournament and introduce bulma as an already established friend and krillin as a friend also (seeing as how they both trained under master roshi and were best friends in the series). soon after introducting we can put goku and krillin into the tournament competing against Yamcha,Tien and Yajirobie just to introduce. (yes yajirobe im going somwhere with this dont eventually dont worry) Have a side plot of Kami coming to earth and splitting with piccolo. The dragon balls are created the proper way and the hunt begins for the balls with goku and bulma (possibly with krillin and/or yamcha) maybe a couple warm up battles until ultimately the real battle between teh two occurs. Goku wins, the earth is saved and Piccolo is allowed to live while he harbors hatred yet respect for Goku. End Movie ( Sneak Chi chi in there somewhere i dont care where shes a *****)

Dragon Ball 2: Its years later goku has a kid Gohan re-introductions can be made quickly for time. Quickly Raditz arrives and the events straiht from the series happens he explains their heritage and so forth and a battle breaks out between the two (to save time piccolo could come find the battle through sensing enegy rather than capturing gohan and what not ) raditz and goku die. Now here piccolo is trainging gohan , goku is training with king kai and bulma is finding the remaining dragon balls ( Maybe once show vegeta and nappa travelling to build suspense) I realize this is a lot of subplots but none of these need to be lengthy or well developed as their all minor events. Enter vegeta and nappa (wel skip the saibamen)Piccolo and Gohan ask for the help of their friends from the tournament (Tien Yamcha Krillin and yajirobie) all but yajirobie agree. The fight happens between all the z warriors and nappa . The deaths from the show begin until bulmas dragon ball collecting brings goku back. He kills nappa (or vegeta does, whatever) Vegeta Vs goku begins they fight blah blah vegeta pulls a monkey power out thats when yajirobie decides to step in and cut off the tail but vegeta kills him afterwards (we dont need him anymore), goku and krillin let him escape like the series END MOVIE

Dragon Ball 3: The remaining warriors learn from kami about the dragon balls on namek they need to revive their friends. So they all decide to go even goku as having him recover and come later isnt necesary. While their travelling cut to Vegeta and his plans to go to namek and a some sort of basic freiza explanation and or teaser of him. Goku and gang arrive their and Goku splits apart from them. Now we have three Groups - Vegeta, Goku and Krillin w/ Gohan. Now this is a good way to have all of freizas henchmen enter. Gohan and krillin could search for dragon balls , vegeta would also be searching but find and kill Zarbon and Dodoria upon encounter, while goku could encounter captain ginyu and the body switching ordeal occurs. Vegeta , krillin and Gohan maybe have a breif battle but decide to set aside differences for combined goal of defeating freiza. They come across the body snatched goku help him change back ( turn ginyu into a frog whatever you want) while gokus resting Gohan,Krillin and Vegeta make mistake of fighting freiza without goku . freiza morphs into second form and kills vegeta just as goku is ready to enter the fray and we can give vegeta a nice death monlogue like the anime. Goku and Frieza go at it and freiza quickly steps it up to fourth form. (third form was to breif and unimportant) Gohan sneaks offf to wish his favorite dead friend from the previous movie Piccolo back (just to give the dragon balls some ultimate purpose in the movie) Piccolo comes in at a very good moment saving goku in a bad spot only to be rendered useless soon thereafter by freiza( in typical dragon ball fashion) freiza gets frustrated and kills krillin i suppose. The super saiyan begins.Goku orders Gohan to wish everyone back like the show and everyone back to earth except him and freiza. The Ultimate epic battle happens and goku bests freiza but Goku blows up with namek creating a good and epic ending to a trilogy. (Stick some namek killing in their to )

I know these seem lengthy and over detailed written down but portrayed on screen these details would not seem so lenghty because like as i said before a lot of these events were miniscule but were exciting and/or crucial and in fact did end quickly in the series (considering its dragon ball of corse) and so could also end quickly on the big screen without seeming rushed.

I know im going to get a lot of over detailed comments but thats ok let me know what you think:yay:

Last edited by a moderator:
pretty good. i like part 3 the best.

Personally If i were going to end on the third one. I would give Goku the happy ending. Give him his Deus Ex Machina(I always though It would have been sweet if King Kai saved him).

The Db series while some have called it lacking in story is a very thick story. Each one of the Z-fighters had a full arc in Db to themselves. Over 20-30 characters were introduced from the start of Db to the end of DbZ. Also Db tends to retread in there characters. Yamcha is replaced by krillen who is replaced by Tien who is replaced by Piccolo who is replaced by Vegeta(who remains the only one who holds onto his darker side and is able to keep up with Goku). I like the idea of cutting that repetition out. Just make them friends. I dont know if I would actually kill most of the group now though. It seems like a waste to just kill these guys off and they dont do anything for a movie(or a whole series).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"