anyone else wanna forget this movie was made, and....

Reek

_____
Reaction score
hold fox execs hostage until a new movie is released...called DRAGON BALL Z. you know...where its vegeta vs goku...you know..those saiyan things...you know and have it ....whats the word......NOT suck?

is it reallllly so much to ask for a good 1 h 45min - 2hr 15 min good dragon ball movie?

i would love a trilogy ...first villain nappa and vegeta, second the ginyu force, third frieza.. or 1st vegeta, 2nd frieza. 3rd cell.... but im a huge fan of the frieza saga/namek saga and would love a trilogy focused on that.

I'd like to forget it never happened and that's it.

I seriously wasted a year of my life following this "film". Even those who were opposed to the movie from the beginning, I feel, wasted their time. This movie wasn't even worth hating on. :down

Honestly I don't mind starting at Dragonball. Have piccolo the first villian, then have him turn good for the second film and it has Vegeta and Nappa as villians, then end it with Frieza and super saiyan.

I seriously wasted a year of my life following this "film". Even those who were opposed to the movie from the beginning, I feel, wasted their time. This movie wasn't even worth hating on. :down

well, you're right..i mean, i've been doing the same thing for the last 10 months and i'll never get those hours back,but...(ok i don't wanna get all emotional here :woot:) at least i had the chance to meet all of you, dudes ...

hold fox execs hostage until a new movie is released...called DRAGON BALL Z. you know...where its vegeta vs goku...you know..those saiyan things...you know and have it ....whats the word......NOT suck?

is it reallllly so much to ask for a good 1 h 45min - 2hr 15 min good dragon ball movie?

i would love a trilogy ...first villain nappa and vegeta, second the ginyu force, third frieza.. or 1st vegeta, 2nd frieza. 3rd cell.... but im a huge fan of the frieza saga/namek saga and would love a trilogy focused on that.

Sorry but where does Chi Chi fit into all this? They spent weeks teaching Jamie to fight only for her to be spending her time on earth as the doting housewife in future sequels? Hell No!!! :woot:

Well Jamie should not be coming back in the first place.

She really can't act her way out of a paper bag.

Honestly I don't really see the need for a live action version of this. The Anime adaptation of the Manga is just fine really if you need movement.

Color me confused JP. I thought you enjoyed the movie?

Yeah, that was a 7, not an 8. And that was the bootleg.

I thought you liked it and gave it a 7/10 :huh:

As for Cory's original post,yes I'd like to forget this film, BUT I don't want a Dragon ball Z, I want a properly done Dragon Ball, then Dragon Ball Z. Done right, I really think Piccolo could have been one of the greatest movie villains ever.

Oi, and now I also remember why I haven't been posting in this forum much lately. Sweet Jesus.

No ones been posting much in here lately :(

As for Cory's original post,yes I'd like to forget this film, BUT I don't want a Dragon ball Z, I want a properly done Dragon Ball, then Dragon Ball Z. Done right, I really think Piccolo could have been one of the greatest movie villains ever.

We can only hope for the best on to the 2nd tier of anime-to-film adaptations coming our way (Akira,Ninja Scroll,Cowboy Bebop etc.) to do well (meaning they are profitable,pleasing the GA and fans alike, if American comic books were able to make the transition, I don't see why anime/manga cant either with the appropriate hands), for the Dragonball movie franchise to even have the possibility of another studio and creative team tackling a Dragonball reboot.

Until then, Dragonballs movie future seems bleak.

Oi, and now I also remember why I haven't been posting in this forum much lately. Sweet Jesus.

I didn't want to come off as an aggressor JP. I was just a bit perplexed seeing your dislike when you seemed okay with it yesterday but there's no problem in changing your opinion. Everyone has a different way of approaching and digesting cinema.

I was not okay with it yesterday. . . :huh:

I'm sure most of us have seen South Park in are lives. Well after I saw the horror of this movie all I can think back to was that one episode where the South Park kids just finished watching the latest Indiana Johns movie and all they can do is cry cause there hero was just raped before there eyes. That is exactly how I felt through out the whole movie I felt as if I was watching Goku getting brutally raped this wasn't the character I grew up with this wasn't even a slight resemblance of the character this was just a bad joke that fox played on us. Bad casting, horrible lines and a idiotic story. I mean damn how hard is it to screw up a story that is nothing more than two kids searching for dragon balls.

I'm sure most of us have seen South Park in are lives. Well after I saw the horror of this movie all I can think back to was that one episode where the South Park kids just finished watching the latest Indiana Johns movie and all they can do is cry cause there hero was just raped before there eyes. That is exactly how I felt through out the whole movie I felt as if I was watching Goku getting brutally raped this wasn't the character I grew up with this wasn't even a slight resemblance of the character this was just a bad joke that fox played on us. Bad casting, horrible lines and a idiotic story. I mean damn how hard is it to screw up a story that is nothing more than two kids searching for dragon balls.

In retrospect this gigantic failure is somewhat an accomplishment in the sense that I never thought there could be such a product released from a once major leaguer studio like 20th Century Fox.

But I think Fox is testing the boundaries of failure (seeing how far they can keep earning money by not putting an ounce of care or effort). In that regard Fox is a revolutionary studio for exploring unknown levels of mediocrity, they are redefining the word you could say.

the way i see it, its pretty kiddie the way it is...so why wouldnt they have had a much younger actor than chatwin? i mean at least get the ages remotely close.. atleast that would have had more appeal to the kids ya know?

other than that, a more mature approach to DBZ (pretty much the real anime, not the edited stuff on cartoon network) could be so fun, good, and breathtaking. i just feel like with the right budget and director the aerial battles could be sooo sick. like matrix revolutions final battle with the flying around, something like that, but obviously better.

honestly, how awesome would it be to see goku and vegeta beating the **** out of eachother, while flying, and shooting ki blast and **** at eachother?!?!

but no. we got a movie i coulda made in my backyard.

the way i see it, its pretty kiddie the way it is...so why wouldnt they have had a much younger actor than chatwin? i mean at least get the ages remotely close.. atleast that would have had more appeal to the kids ya know?

other than that, a more mature approach to DBZ (pretty much the real anime, not the edited stuff on cartoon network) could be so fun, good, and breathtaking. i just feel like with the right budget and director the aerial battles could be sooo sick. like matrix revolutions final battle with the flying around, something like that, but obviously better.

honestly, how awesome would it be to see goku and vegeta beating the **** out of eachother, while flying, and shooting ki blast and **** at eachother?!?!

but no. we got a movie i coulda made in my backyard.

I recently re-watched the entire Matrix trilogy (I don't care what some folks say about the sequels, but they are great imo) in Blu-Ray and I kept thinking to myself "Dragonball is most definitely possible if these films still look brilliant in 09 as much as they did back in 99-03".

Fox just really had no idea how to handle the property.

They shouldn't even make a Dragonball movie if they aren't going to properly emphasis and elaborate on the aspects that made this franchise fun to begin with.

I agree. DBZ is fantastic, but I don't understand why some people feel the need to skip right to it. Dragonball is where it began, not DBZ.

I agree. DBZ is fantastic, but I don't understand why some people feel the need to skip right to it. Dragonball is where it began, not DBZ.

because dbz is far superior to db and db gt IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"