anyone else wanna forget this movie was made, and....

The movie was not good, but it was watchable.

because dbz is far superior to db and db gt IMO.

The manga was "Dragon Ball" in it's entirety so stop referring to dbz as a seperate entity.

Fast fowarding the story to Goku's adulthood and the saiyan arrival would have made for an incomplete story and characters. It would be like having Dark Phoenix and Apocalypse in X1 or Venom and Carnage in SM1. It might sound great for fanboys, but to properly build the foundation for a good story that represents the source, you have to start at the beginning.

Starting at "DBZ" would have been a terrible way to start this series off. which is why im surprised they didn't do that like they did everything else wrong.

The manga was "Dragon Ball" in it's entirety so stop referring to dbz as a seperate entity.

Fast fowarding the story to Goku's adulthood and the saiyan arrival would have made for an incomplete story and characters. It would be like having Dark Phoenix and Apocalypse in X1 or Venom and Carnage in SM1. It might sound great for fanboys, but to properly build the foundation for a good story that represents the source, you have to start at the beginning.

Starting at "DBZ" would have been a terrible way to start this series off. which is why im surprised they didn't do that like they did everything else wrong.

um. ok, DBZ and DB are all in the dragon ball world yes. but theres a big difference between DB and DBZ.

and fast forwarding to gokus adulthood..they pretty much did that bc, correct me if im wrong, but goku wasnt in highschool in DB.

starting off with dbz would have been a great way to start it off, considering what they did start off with.

and stop referring to the mangas, fox obviously has never seen them so just stop. :woot:

adding to that... a faithful DB movie would be horrible to everyone but kids IMO. it would be great that its faithful. but any movie studio would make it too kiddie, faithful, but too kiddie.

the only way to bring a more mature approach like was intended in the unedited DBZ, would be to start off the series with vegeta and the saiyan saga.

how the saiyan saga would be a bad starting off point is beyond me, i think it would be a great starting point, especially since vegeta turns good eventually.

id really like it to focus on vegeta and gokus stories, not just gokus... it would be a story of heroism(goku) and redemption(vegeta). i dont know, i just think if done right, vegetas and gokus stories throughout a trilogy would be fantastic.

adding to that... a faithful DB movie would be horrible to everyone but kids IMO. it would be great that its faithful. but any movie studio would make it too kiddie, faithful, but too kiddie.

the only way to bring a more mature approach like was intended in the unedited DBZ, would be to start off the series with vegeta and the saiyan saga.

how the saiyan saga would be a bad starting off point is beyond me, i think it would be a great starting point, especially since vegeta turns good eventually.

id really like it to focus on vegeta and gokus stories, not just gokus... it would be a story of heroism(goku) and redemption(vegeta). i dont know, i just think if done right, vegetas and gokus stories throughout a trilogy would be fantastic

All so true. I initially envisioned a more mature approach as well. Which could of worked well with the proper individuals behind the project. Starting off with Stephen Chow wasn't a bad idea as Kung Fu Hustle incorporated a good amount of martial arts done in that over the top fashion that was present in DBZ.

A more violent and a more elaborated character driven film would have done far better than DB: "cringeworthy" E.

Its too late. The ship has sailed.

Do you guys honestly believe that Hollywood would let Stephen Chow make the movie he wanted to make?

Its too late. The ship has sailed.

Do you guys honestly believe that Hollywood would let Stephen Chow make the movie he wanted to make?

Yes your right on that part and that ship is long gone.

But I actually do believe another studio (Paramount,WB,Universal) would have been far less restrictive with creative control in contrast with 20th Century Fox and would have definitely made a better film.

Fox just has little to no idea how to adapt most of the properties it purchases.

Stephen Chow should of wrote and directed. After seeing Hustle and Soccer, the over the topness is something he could of pulled off.

yeah...i was about to say......Barney is watchable, MTV is watchable, hell....even DOA was watchable. DBE is about as watchable as seeing Carrot Top play Trigun with Uwe Boll at the helm.

I like Dragonball.

the Wachowskis should of directed this at least the fight scenes would of been epic

we can only hope that 20th century fox loses the rights to this franchise. I'd rather a respectable studio takes over and does dragonball justice

The Wachowskis were a one trick pony.

Its done guys. Movie franchises don't just get a mulligan over night.

I really didn't hate the movie because I don't care much about Dragonball honestly. I never got into Dragonball (The Original Series). I've been waiting for a Dragonball Z movie. That's why all along I've been so easy on this movie. It could have been a lot worse, though. It's a popcorn movie, that, personally, is just holding me off until the Dragonball Z live action movie if and when it happens.

I really didn't hate the movie because I don't care much about Dragonball honestly. I never got into Dragonball (The Original Series). I've been waiting for a Dragonball Z movie. That's why all along I've been so easy on this movie. It could have been a lot worse, though. It's a popcorn movie, that, personally, is just holding me off until the Dragonball Z live action movie if and when it happens.
You can stop hoping for one.

I think that right now, the best thing to hope for is a different action movie franchise to be DBZ-esque in scope. Like The Avengers or a JLA movie.

DB RIP 4.5 million opening weekend domestic --This project is dead

Sigh... so much hatred here... What would Goku think of all this?

I'm personally happy it was made. For one thing, it gave me a reason to keep living. Another, I believe personally it marks a turning point for me as I come full circle. I started watching this **** when I entered high school, and now I've seen the live action movie as I'm about to enter the military. Deja vu, man. Both times I drew inspiration for my life from Goku's exuberance and unlimited drive to succeed. I didn't succeed, that much is obvious, but I'm getting a second chance with my enlistment. I only wish I had the DB franchise going while I'm in there to give me more motivation and something to look forward to beyond bullets and war and stuff, but so be it. I'll cherish this movie as a acknowledgment in whatever little ways it is of a franchise that DID have a big impact on a lot of kids in some way. I guess I'm the only one left who still believes in the message of the show though. Everyone else is just hating everything now like a villain... most of you here are who you are because of dB yet you hate it now as if it didn't inspire you or anything. ****ing internet. Sorry for cussing but i get emotional about this stuff ya know...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"