My Smallville Project

Spike_x1

Get off my bandwagon!
Reaction score
For my 12th grade writing class, we have to create an original outline for a television show episode, and I chose Smallville, thinking that I could write an actionpacked episode without using any kryptonite at all, and also bring in more of Superman's comic book mythology. For the project, we have to take into account what would fit into the context of the show, characters' personalities and character development, and if it would realistically be within a television show's budget for planned visual effects and sets. Of course, I'm using the Parasite/Rudy Jones as a villain.

In the pre-title scene where Lex Luthor orchestrates the creation of the Parasite, I'm writing it to be as horrifying as possible without going overboard and while still keeping it within censors' limitations of a nightly action/drama show (closeups of Rudy's glowing eyes, fumes pouring from his body, and the veins in his arms turning dark purple as he screams in pain is mostly what that sequence will be limited to).

I have two full fight scenes planned for Clark Kent and Rudy Jones. The first will be on the outskirts of Smallville where they can really cut loose. I'm talking about sonic booms and craters forming as both guys go flying through the air from the force of their punches, and fires erupting all around the scene resulting from heat vision. Add those effects to the visuals of flowing energy as the Parasite drains Clark and I hope you'll get what I'm aiming for.

The second fight between Clark and Rudy is going to be in a LuthorCorp lab, surrounded by vats of liquid nitrogen. The two guys are going to go smashing through walls and the like, jumping around the catwalks, and finally ending with Clark pushing Rudy into one of the vats, freezing the Parasite. Afterwards, we'll find out that the Parasite is still alive, but he'll be taken to the newly established Stryker's Island Prison in Metropolis (first time mentioning the facility in the show).

The subplot in this episode would be that Clark is finally starting to really enjoy using his powers for more than just chores and fighting the freaks-of-the-weeks. This turns around when the Parasite takes the powers from Clark and uses them for evil.
Also, after Clark and Rudy's first fight, the Parasite goes after Lex Luthor for revenge and he ends up learning about all of Lex's suspicions about Clark. This comes into play during their fight over the vats, as Rudy is telling Clark that Lex will never trust him and that Lex "knows there's a lot more to you than anyone would ever guess." I plan on keeping that dialogue vague for the sake of the running plot of 'does Lex know?' that the show has always had. This will hopefully add drama to the obligatory closing scene where Clark caps off the episode's events by talking it over with Chloe or Martha, saying "What if Jones was right about Lex?" as well as adding in "What if my enemies aren't limited to using kryptonite against me anymore?"

Just to let you guys know, our class has to mail in our ideas to the studios that make the respective shows, but I don't have any actual dreams of this episode actually coming to the screen. It's just something that I have to do for school and I thought some people here might be interested in hearing about it. Any input, ideas, or constuctive criticism that any of you might have is more than welcome.

Sounds like a good idea for an episode but why do you have to mail it to the respective studios?

They're not going to want to read any unsolicited story ideas... They will be round filed or even returned to you unopened.

I'm aware of that, but it's still part of the project and needs to be done. It doesn't make any difference to me though.

Sounds cool. I have a few ideas for Smallville episodes. but most would be going against the show's continuity. Still, great ideas all around.

Man, you should write for the show. The ones the have now are nothing fantastic.

I wish I had projects like that. My last one involved a shoe box & a novel called "Holes"...Don't ask.

Spider-Girl said:
Man, you should write for the show. The ones the have now are nothing fantastic.

Yeah. My main problem with the series is that they rushed too quickly into the super heroics. It feels like Superman without the costume.

Spider-Girl said:
I wish I had projects like that. My last one involved a shoe box & a novel called "Holes"...Don't ask.

I liked Holes.

Sounds cool, Spike.

I'm working on a Smallville spec script right now. Read the last part of my sig. ;)

cmill216 said:
Sounds cool, Spike.

I'm working on a Smallville spec script right now. Read the last part of my sig. ;)

:D

I did one a couple of years ago... did okay in some contests too.

It was probably the most fun I've had writing in a long time. Writing Lex and Lioinel is a total blast.

I wish you luck, cmill.... :up:

Thanks, trip. The episode is set in between "Hidden" and "Aqua". No Lionel ( :( ), but PLENTY of Lex (his "actions" are a big focus in the A Story).

BTW, love your reviews over on KryptonSite. Keep up the good work.

cmill216 said:
Thanks, trip. The episode is set in between "Hidden" and "Aqua". No Lionel ( :( ), but PLENTY of Lex (his "actions" are a big focus in the A Story).

BTW, love your reviews over on KryptonSite. Keep up the good work.

Thanks...

You know, if you haven't done so already you should get some real scripts and see the format.

I don't know if any of the online script places have five act scripts yet (they switched to five acts a little past mid-way through last season) but you really should take a look at the real thing.

It helped me out immensely.

I got some earlier scripts (1st, 3rd, and even a couple of 4th season scripts) in electronic format... if you're interested, PM me your email and I can send them to you.

I don't have any five act scripts, but want to try and get some....

I wouldn't want to write fanscripts for Smallville, simply because I would majorly contradict the show's continuity. I liked the first season or so, but I have my own ideas on how the show should have been made.

The Question said:
I wouldn't want to write fanscripts for Smallville, simply because I would majorly contradict the show's continuity. I liked the first season or so, but I have my own ideas on how the show should have been made.

The thing I would do if you still wanted to write a fanscript, but didn't want to totally F with the continuity, is just find a moment in the show you liked, and expound on it from there, without overriding what has occured and what will eventually occur. Sort of treat it as a "stand alone" episode within a part of the continuity you enjoyed the most.

Really, even though the first season was pretty good, I would have done things much differently were I in charge of Smallville from the get-go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"