My thoughts on John McCain

Matt said:
It seems people tend to put John McCain on an undeserved pedestal.

Aside from a campaign finance reform bill that essentially did nothing, what has really been accomplished by McCain? He often talks a tough game but does absolutely nothing when the time comes to act. He is terrified to go against his party, even though many say he is a "maverick". He is ineffectual, because most republicans are wary of his "liberal" views. Most liberals won't touch him because he is a Republican. He is said to be able to put aside partisan and act outside the party lines, but when the time comes to act outside the party lines...he cowers.

I just don't get the pedestal people put him on.

Good point.

Him hanging out with nutso freakjobs like Jerry Falwell doesn't help things either.

That said, I'd take him over Bush anyway. But then again I just flushed 4 better presidential candidates than Bush.

BATFREDDIE said:
He was on 24, so there fore I'm voting for him. Politics are all good, but I really don't give a ****. I'd probably vote for him just cause he was in 24. :o:up:
However, Obama does in fact rule all, but he'll never run.

If he ever ran and was going to get nominated, I fear he'd be in serious danger.

I like McCain for the most part, but know he's getting weird on me with the Jerry Fallwell thing.

deemar325 said:
I like McCain for the most part, but know he's getting weird on me with the Jerry Fallwell thing.
He is pandering. He is preparing to reach out to the far religious right in 2008. It is what McCain does, he panders.

Matt said:
He is pandering. He is preparing to reach out to the far religious right in 2008. It is what McCain does, he panders.
So what if he panders? I like panders. They're cute, though if you get too close they'll rip your face off.

untitled.jpg

Matt said:
It seems people tend to put John McCain on an undeserved pedestal.

Aside from a campaign finance reform bill that essentially did nothing, what has really been accomplished by McCain? He often talks a tough game but does absolutely nothing when the time comes to act. He is terrified to go against his party, even though many say he is a "maverick". He is ineffectual, because most republicans are wary of his "liberal" views. Most liberals won't touch him because he is a Republican. He is said to be able to put aside partisan and act outside the party lines, but when the time comes to act outside the party lines...he cowers.

I just don't get the pedestal people put him on.

With that logic, does ANY politician deserve a pedestal?

lazur said:
With that logic, does ANY politician deserve a pedestal?

Most politician's pedestals aren't as high as his.

Quite frankly, anyone who can win an election shouldn't be in charge. I like Arthur C. Clarke's system in Imperial Earth. Make a list of the 100 most qualified people, and randomly pick one every 4 years.

Leto Atrides said:
Quite frankly, anyone who can win an election shouldn't be in charge. I like Arthur C. Clarke's system in Imperial Earth. Make a list of the 100 most qualified people, and randomly pick one every 4 years.

That is such a bull**** cop out response.

The opinion was hyperbole, and the suggestion was also. I'm not going to bother posting in political threads anymore.

Matt said:
No he won't. The powers that be in the Republican party will not allow him to win the primary election. They proved that in 2000.

Frist or Allen will take the 2008 nomination.

Good point, but McCain could do some damage as an Independant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"