My Tram Experience racist rant

DBryan

Sidekick
Reaction score
I can't post the video because of the extensive swearing in it. But it's went viral, its on the cover of newspapers over here, there's hundreds of response videos on youtube, and apparently the woman at the centre of it has been arrested.

A brief description for those who haven't seen it.

A white woman on a tram in England, while holding a young child on her lap, hurls verbal abuse at everyone around her, and argues with people who are trying to get her to shutup.

What we gather in the video is that she doesn't think people of colour in her country are British, and should go home.

The closet racists ALWAYS come out of the woodwork when things like this go up on youtube, and its interesting reading some of the comments. "She's only speaking the truth!", "She's saying what many are thinking", "people are saying she's racist when she's only making a point about immigration".

No. She IS racist. And she is wrong. In the video, when she says "you're not British, you're black", THAT is racist! Many black people in Britain have been there for generations and have every right to the claim of being British. She's trying to tell a tram full of strangers that they're not really British, not like her, purely because of the colour of their skin - that is racism. It drives me nuts, when people defend blatant racism with very poor reasoning that basically requires us to ignore what she's saying. "People are being too PC about this". No, they're not. She's a racist.

Thoughts?

Just watched it, just some crazy woman, riding the el in Chicago I saw it all the time. Best thing to do is just ignore them, when you engage them you give them what they want, attention.

Yeah, my brother showed it to me yesterday.
All I have to say is what a stupid woman, and that has nothing to do with me being black.
Whatever racist views you have, keep them to yourself.
Don't flare it up without provocation (I assume there wasn't any provocation, as nobody was reacting at first).

When a woman pronounces Nicaragua as N-word-raguar, then you know she hasn't a clue. Oh, and Articles in the UK say the woman in the video "APPARENTLY" seems to be hurling racial abuse....yeah, how clear does it have to be before it isn't apparent?

I can't post the video because of the extensive swearing in it. But it's went viral, its on the cover of newspapers over here, there's hundreds of response videos on youtube, and apparently the woman at the centre of it has been arrested.

A white woman on a tram in England, while holding a young child on her lap, hurls verbal abuse at everyone around her, and argues with people who are trying to get her to shutup.

What we gather in the video is that she doesn't think people of colour in her country are British, and should go home.

The closet racists ALWAYS come out of the woodwork when things like this go up on youtube, and its interesting reading some of the comments. "She's only speaking the truth!", "She's saying what many are thinking", "people are saying she's racist when she's only making a point about immigration".

No. She IS racist. And she is wrong. In the video, when she says "you're not British, you're black", THAT is racist! Many black people in Britain have been there for generations and have every right to the claim of being British. She's trying to tell a tram full of strangers that they're not really British, not like her, purely because of the colour of their skin - that is racism. It drives me nuts, when people defend blatant racism with very poor reasoning that basically requires us to ignore what she's saying. "People are being too PC about this". No, they're not. She's a racist.

Thoughts?

Yeah, I've seen 1 of them, the guy says "it takes tremendous courage to say that" - people supporting it are just as deluded.

I think the only reason she didn't get a battering is because she had a kid with her

Yeah I saw this a few days ago, all I could do is shake my head. Sadly there are still people like that with those views and as in the video they have children and pass such ignorance on.

Honestly I got the impression that she wasn't right in the head ALSO was under the influence of something. If she didn't have the child with her chances are she would have been killed, come on it was Croydon! Also dude at the back was ready to impart some wisdom onto her before he was calmed down by others.

Yeah, I've seen 1 of them, the guy says "it takes tremendous courage to say that" - people supporting it are just as deluded.

I think the only reason she didn't get a battering is because she had a kid with her

Yes, I've seen a video in which a guy says she had courage, and another where a guy says she had guts.

It doesn't take courage to yell abuse at complete strangers.

That poor little boy. Growing up with a freak for a mother...

Yeah I saw this a few days ago, all I could do is shake my head. Sadly there are still people like that with those views and as in the video they have children and pass such ignorance on.

Honestly I got the impression that she wasn't right in the head ALSO was under the influence of something. If she didn't have the child with her chances are she would have been killed, come on it was Croydon! Also dude at the back was ready to impart some wisdom onto her before he was calmed down by others.

Yeah LOL, he was!
At least people gave him hugs.
I'm sure she said something about them taking the jobs, and the black woman responded. I don't like it when people say things like "oh, the immigrants are taking our jobs" - what those people SHOULD be asking themselves is how someone from outside the country managed to get a job, when they're inside the country and can't.

Maybe they're willing to work for less money? Maybe they're qualified? Maybe they're experienced? Or maybe they're getting off their backside and trying.

Seriously, opinions like that stink :doh:

I just had a similar e-mail conversation with a former co-worker of mine. She sent a chain mail showing pictures of mansions, major cities, beautiful scenery...all from Africa. Then a note at the bottom that obviously Africa doesnt need our financial help anymore.

I countered that just because a few areas may be better off doesnt mean that there are not serious problems across the continent. She replied that she feels duped that she sent them money and they can obviously afford to take care of themselves.

:doh:

The conversation kept going around like that.

This story reminds me of the recent controversy over nazi supporting parents getting their kids taken away .

I guess the best thing to do is not engage in any conversation with them.

A couple more tram & train racists have popped up on Youtube too.
Must be a British epidemic lol

I saw the video & she's a real *****e for spewing racist comments like that. I feel sorry for the kid too.

Just watched the vid, and this is what went through my mind as well. I hope the child gets taken away from her. She's entitled to her views, no matter how controversial or ignorant, but she doesn't need to be making a scene and picking fights with people when there is a defenseless child in her arms. Sadly, the kid seems to behave as if this is a routine thing. He probably sees it all the time. :dry:

Just watched the vid, and this is what went through my mind as well. I hope the child gets taken away from her. She's entitled to her views, no matter how controversial or ignorant, but she doesn't need to be making a scene and picking fights with people when there is a defenseless child in her arms. Sadly, the kid seems to behave as if this is a routine thing. He probably sees it all the time. :dry:

Exactly, that was one of the worst things about it.
He didn't cry or anything, kept playing with his toy(s).

Thoughts?

There's a clearly defined line between being a racist, and expressing disdain for immigration problems. The issue is when ignorant people on both sides of the issue try and lump the two together.

For example:

"I have a problem with the increase of illegal immigration and the government's apathy towards it." is NOT racist - it's a valid political opinion.

What this woman said is racist. No exception.

Well when the woman complained about her use of the F word she stated that her she has her son here with her and he hears it all the time. Sadly this doesnt surprise me, I remember growing up and seeing certain mother swear after their young children all the time.

Do you think she was drunk? Or is that just how she is all the time?

Cause if that's how she is all the time, I hope she never gets to see her kid again.

I'd like to see her yelling that kind of abuse at people without the baby as a shield.

I just had a similar e-mail conversation with a former co-worker of mine. She sent a chain mail showing pictures of mansions, major cities, beautiful scenery...all from Africa. Then a note at the bottom that obviously Africa doesnt need our financial help anymore.

I countered that just because a few areas may be better off doesnt mean that there are not serious problems across the continent. She replied that she feels duped that she sent them money and they can obviously afford to take care of themselves.

:doh:

The conversation kept going around like that.

Yeah, whenever I see people post ignorant things like that on Facebook or in e-mails, I just try my best to ignore it. It's hard though, really hard. The other day someone posted a picture comparing the UC Davis people that got peppered spray to Jews in Nazi concentration camps. I wanted so bad to rant and rave, instead I just took them off my friends haha.

I had to turn that crap off. It truly breaks my heart whenever children are involved in things like this. The mother is so ignorant and doesn't deserve to have a child. I'm sorry, but nobody should curse like that around their children. It wasn't only the cursing, obviously, that disturbed me about that video. She is instilling hate into her child. That, IMO, is one of the many reasons why today's society is so screwed up.

This story sounds like a real life version of the short film Schwarzfahrer

Watch for yourself.

[YT]XFQXcv1k9OM[/YT]

Funny that I found this video through, of all things, the Amazing Atheist. I thought it was interesting that this one black guy behind her stood up when she started going and everyone just told him not to even do anything.

Because, like AF said, most of these people are just attention seekers.

It's not as if British is an ethnicity. It means you live on the island and / or are a British citizen.

Sounds like a mindless rant.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"