• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Dark Knight My Trip: Filming Updates & NEW SPOILERS!!!

Ok, well I am going to go to sleep. Hopefully my moment of insomnia will end and I can get some sleep.

For Lucha - good job with the gf

On topic with this thread - The more I read about TDK the more I keep telling myself this is only a two hour movie. It feels like it is going to be an epic LOTR kind of thing but that is just not the case unfortunately.

Ok, well I am going to go to sleep. Hopefully my moment of insomnia will end and I can get some sleep.

For Lucha - good job with the gf

On topic with this thread - The more I read about TDK the more I keep telling myself this is only a two hour movie. It feels like it is going to be an epic LOTR kind of thing but that is just not the case unfortunately.

thanks =D good night.

and on topic, i think it will be 2 and a half. the first one was pretty long. this won't break 3, i think it will be 2 and a half

hmm, the idea of him having stitches supports the theory many people have had that he becomes the joker throughout the movie. which could include, getting the grin, wearing make-up and then eventually getting bleached. hmm...interesting indeed. when i started reading i didn't expect anything different from this report.

I think the assassination scene could also explain why Batman is so furious with him and kicking the s hit out of him in the interrogation room.

It would seem from this report, that Nolan is basing TDK loosely on The Long Halloween. If this is Dent's (fake) funeral then it wouldn't be too different to when Dent faked getting killed in the explosion in TLH, which is pretty cool. I won't expect Nolan to replicate the comics exactly as the movie has to come together neatly and within a realistic vision.

As for Jokers Perma white skin. I really don't think it's necessary. I know die-hard fans will complain but if we are looking at it for realism sake, then Joker having white skin is as bad as doctor octavius having 8 limbs, it's just far too coincidental to be realistic.

Just for laughs, i'm guessing that Batman causes the holes it Jokers cheek with his gauntlet, it could be a possibility.

It would seem from this report, that Nolan is basing TDK loosely on The Long Halloween. If this is Dent's (fake) funeral then it wouldn't be too different to when Dent faked getting killed in the explosion in TLH, which is pretty cool. I won't expect Nolan to replicate the comics exactly as the movie has to come together neatly and within a realistic vision.

As for Jokers Perma white skin. I really don't think it's necessary. I know die-hard fans will complain but if we are looking at it for realism sake, then Joker having white skin is as bad as doctor octavius having 8 limbs, it's just far too coincidental to be realistic.

Just for laughs, i'm guessing that Batman causes the holes it Jokers cheek with his gauntlet, it could be a possibility.

This tells me all I need to know about u.

I just got back from Chicago about 15 minutes ago, I couldn't wait to break all of this new information I discovered from my trip!

Yesterday afternoon, I was walking around the Navy Pier in Chicago when I saw someone dangling from a helicopter. I came to Chicago mainly to see some filming for The Dark Knight, and I knew this had to be part of it.

We walked over and talked to some police officers, I knew they were aware of what was being filmed because of the "RFK staff" badges they had.

I asked them if they were filming Batman, he said yes. He said that the man was rehearsing for the jump in Hong Kong in a few weeks. He was jumping off a building and being dragged by helicopter.

It was Christian Bale's double! He landed about a block away from where I was standing, so I went over to talk to him. Of course he was not in a batsuit since they were just rehearsing, I was a little disappointed, but happy to meet him!

I asked a few of the other security staff if they were filming any other scenes today. He said yeah, they are filming a funeral scene on the other side of town. At LaSalle and Adams.

I had to get there, we took a cab to the location. There were about three-hundred police officers and several bagpipers for the scene. Also there were about a hundred extras dressed in black.

As we were watching, no one would let us take photos, but I still got a few.

Interestingly enough, every so often we would hear a pop, of which sounded like a gun. We waited a few minutes and in fact it was a gun!!!! Characters from the film were on a podium giving speeches for the funeral when a gunshot sounded, everyone scrambled dropping the flags and running until a loud CUT! was shouted from the director.

This happened about five times, until they got the right take. As the police officer extras were walking back I asked them. What Happened??? Did someone get shot?? They said yes. It was the mayors funeral. Aaron Eckhart (sorry if mispelled) Maggie Gyllenhaal, Gary Oldman, and a few other actors were on the podium. The Comissioner, I can only assume this is the black guy from Batman Begins, was giving a speech when THE JOKER ran up and SHOT HIM WITH A GUN!!!!

I was soooo exited, That was Heath Ledger I said??? How did he look???

The extra simply said... Creepy! As if he was actually scared of him.

He said: Yeah, He looked insane, he had stitches on the sides of his mouth!!!

Could this mean, he gets his Glasgow Grin in the movie???

We were walking back from the Sears Tower, (we did some touring after the funeral scene).

We saw a passing truck, towing a flatbed (sort of like a semi truck), and on the flatbed was a suburban, and behind it was a GPD squad car with its lights flashing. I was on my phone at the time, and I looked inside. In the back seat directly behind the driver I saw Gary Oldman and Aaron Eckhart talking to each other. I am 100% sure they were filming because there were two seats facing them, kind of like a limo where the seats face each other. And in those seats I saw Christopher Nolan and someone else I couldn't make out, and a camera in front of them pointing at Oldman & Eckhart. I said on the phone: I just saw Gary Oldman and Aaron Eckhart!! They were not but 10 feet from me passing by in a car.

We crossed the street quickly after they passed, I saw the way the camera was pointing, and I knew if I went fast enough I could get in the shot.

I'm really hoping that it was a perfect take. If so I might get to see myself in the background talking on the phone in a scene when Oldman talks to Eckhart in a Suburban.

I will answer any questions my fellow IMDB board members need to ask. And my cousin should have a video of Christian Bale's stuntman performing on YouTube soon!!!

None of this is bull *beep* I swear to God.

The Knight Will Be Dark.

Thats what The Dark Knight movie set workers had on their Motion Picture T-Shirts, along with the Batman Logo.

I want one SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Bad!!!
w00t!

Awesome stuff.
icon6.gif

This tells me all I need to know about u.

All i'm saying is, I understand why Nolan would change things to an extent, to suit his vision, what's wrong with that? it worked in Begins. Personally I would still like to see the Jokers true origin but i'm not going to be devastated if it's not included.

Okay....I was there too. I dont think it was the mayor's funeral because I am almost sure that he was one of the people speaking from the podium. I will say that I saw Carbonale, playing the mayor, walking off the set when they broke for lunch. Also, as far as the SUV, I think I followed that thing around Wells for about an hour trying to get a good vantage point as to who was in the back. I recognized Oldman right away. The other guy threw me off. His hair was way to short to be Eckhart. I noticed that right away. After a few more times around the block I was almost certain it wasnt him. I saw some pictures online after that of a character I had forgotten: Joshua Harto's Reese character and someone had mentioned that it was he who was in the back of the SUV! As soon as i read that and saw the pictures of him standing on set it instantly clicked in my head that who I saw was most likely Harto sitting next to Oldman and they were being filmed in the back of the SUV.

WOW!!!! Joker kills Loeb!!! NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE

I don't know why people think bleached skin is "unrealistic". I mean look at this...

michael_jackson.jpg

In the comics Joker got the idea to be a clown when he saw his skin in a mirror. How is that a coincidence? Now if he's already a clown based criminal before he gets white skin that would be too much of a coincidence but if they stick with the comics they'll be fine

Michael Jackson should not be used as an example for realism...........................................................ever.

I just got back from Chicago about 15 minutes ago, I couldn't wait to break all of this new information I discovered from my trip!

Yesterday afternoon, I was walking around the Navy Pier in Chicago when I saw someone dangling from a helicopter. I came to Chicago mainly to see some filming for The Dark Knight, and I knew this had to be part of it.

We walked over and talked to some police officers, I knew they were aware of what was being filmed because of the "RFK staff" badges they had.

I asked them if they were filming Batman, he said yes. He said that the man was rehearsing for the jump in Hong Kong in a few weeks. He was jumping off a building and being dragged by helicopter.

It was Christian Bale's double! He landed about a block away from where I was standing, so I went over to talk to him. Of course he was not in a batsuit since they were just rehearsing, I was a little disappointed, but happy to meet him!

I asked a few of the other security staff if they were filming any other scenes today. He said yeah, they are filming a funeral scene on the other side of town. At LaSalle and Adams.

I had to get there, we took a cab to the location. There were about three-hundred police officers and several bagpipers for the scene. Also there were about a hundred extras dressed in black.

As we were watching, no one would let us take photos, but I still got a few.

Interestingly enough, every so often we would hear a pop, of which sounded like a gun. We waited a few minutes and in fact it was a gun!!!! Characters from the film were on a podium giving speeches for the funeral when a gunshot sounded, everyone scrambled dropping the flags and running until a loud CUT! was shouted from the director.

This happened about five times, until they got the right take. As the police officer extras were walking back I asked them. What Happened??? Did someone get shot?? They said yes. It was the mayors funeral. Aaron Eckhart (sorry if mispelled) Maggie Gyllenhaal, Gary Oldman, and a few other actors were on the podium. The Comissioner, I can only assume this is the black guy from Batman Begins, was giving a speech when THE JOKER ran up and SHOT HIM WITH A GUN!!!!

I was soooo exited, That was Heath Ledger I said??? How did he look???

The extra simply said... Creepy! As if he was actually scared of him.

He said: Yeah, He looked insane, he had stitches on the sides of his mouth!!!

Could this mean, he gets his Glasgow Grin in the movie???

We were walking back from the Sears Tower, (we did some touring after the funeral scene).

We saw a passing truck, towing a flatbed (sort of like a semi truck), and on the flatbed was a suburban, and behind it was a GPD squad car with its lights flashing. I was on my phone at the time, and I looked inside. In the back seat directly behind the driver I saw Gary Oldman and Aaron Eckhart talking to each other. I am 100% sure they were filming because there were two seats facing them, kind of like a limo where the seats face each other. And in those seats I saw Christopher Nolan and someone else I couldn't make out, and a camera in front of them pointing at Oldman & Eckhart. I said on the phone: I just saw Gary Oldman and Aaron Eckhart!! They were not but 10 feet from me passing by in a car.

We crossed the street quickly after they passed, I saw the way the camera was pointing, and I knew if I went fast enough I could get in the shot.

I'm really hoping that it was a perfect take. If so I might get to see myself in the background talking on the phone in a scene when Oldman talks to Eckhart in a Suburban.

I will answer any questions my fellow IMDB board members need to ask. And my cousin should have a video of Christian Bale's stuntman performing on YouTube soon!!!

None of this is bull *beep* I swear to God.

The Knight Will Be Dark.

Thats what The Dark Knight movie set workers had on their Motion Picture T-Shirts, along with the Batman Logo.

I want one SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Bad!!!

Ok, I just read this report and noticed some possible mistakes (I know others mentioned them but I'm gonna repeat them; to get this thread back on track): :whatever:

1) - I don't think the Joker shoots anyone during that take.
(perhaps he shoots someone in later scenes, but not in the scene they filmed over and over and over)

2) - It's Loeb's Funeral, Not the Mayor's. And it's the Mayor being attacked, Not Loeb.
(since Loeb's the one being memorialized)

3) - The 2 actor's driving around I believe were reported to be Gordan and that Reese guy from "Lost" ... not Dent.
(But this could be another scene)

4) - I never saw stitches on Ledger but that doesn't mean they weren't there.
(since I can't remember if he had makeup on his face or not. :cwink: )

Again, these are just my observations of the report ... still VERY exciting though! :word:

So the Joker doesnt shoot anyone at the funeral..........bummer.

So the Joker doesnt shoot anyone at the funeral..........bummer.

I didn't say that.

I said in that ONE TAKE that they shoot over and over that the Joker doesn't shoot anyone. Perhaps a new take was filmed where he does shoot someone. I, however, never saw that occur.

So, is Nolan leaving Chicago the first week of September? I'm gonna be in Chicago on the 7th, which is next Friday, and I need to have clarification.

so who is the 2nd person they are having the funeral for? Loeb and who?
Someone mentioned seeing Dent and Rachael at the funeral. Who else could it be? From the pics I saw it looks like it could be a woman in that pic with the wreath around it.

Ok, I just read this report and noticed some possible mistakes (I know others mentioned them but I'm gonna repeat them; to get this thread back on track): :whatever:

1) - I don't think the Joker shoots anyone during that take.
(perhaps he shoots someone in later scenes, but not in the scene they filmed over and over and over)

2) - It's Loeb's Funeral, Not the Mayor's. And it's the Mayor being attacked, Not Loeb.
(since Loeb's the one being memorialized)

3) - The 2 actor's driving around I believe were reported to be Gordan and that Reese guy from "Lost" ... not Dent.
(But this could be another scene)

4) - I never saw stitches on Ledger but that doesn't mean they weren't there.
(since I can't remember if he had makeup on his face or not. :cwink: )

Again, these are just my observations of the report ... still VERY exciting though! :word:

if you look closely at the very first official released picture of joker- the one where it is just his headshot in the shadows- on the left side of his face (our right) you can see some sort of stitch or something holding the side of mouth together. it is faint- but it is there.

could someone post that picture?

so who is the 2nd person they are having the funeral for? Loeb and who?
Someone mentioned seeing Dent and Rachael at the funeral. Who else could it be? From the pics I saw it looks like it could be a woman in that pic with the wreath around it.
I guess its the Mayor.

But if the other guy is right and Joker does shoot someone, it would be the Mayor, since he got the Mayor and Loeb confused.

Loeb's Funeral
Joker shoots the mayor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"