BvS Mysterious Soldiers with Superman insignias

DaddlerTheDalek

Starship Captain
Reaction score
These guys who fight Batman look like futuristic Wehrmacht soldiers with Superman patches instead of Nazi ones. Who are they? And I doubt that Superman has something to do with these guys. They look evil.

batman-v-superman-trailer-066.jpg

Africa Campaign WWII. General Batgomery is fighting the forces of General Superomel at the battle of El-Gothamein.

My theory right now is that WW is given a vision of the future by the Olympians or an Amazon oracle. It reveals a future where Batman is the lone hero facing a tyrant Superman that has devastated the globe. The "Super Troopers" and Superman find Batman holed up on the Wayne estate, the ruins of which are seen in the background (again, the world is devastated, thus the almost desert like environment). Batman is overwhelmed and Superman kills him. This vision prompts WW to journey to America and seek the aid of Batman to avoid this future. The hitch is that the Superman she saw in her vision is not the real Superman but a clone duplicate that was created by Luthor, which in that future may still be in Luthor's thrall or has taken power for himself.

Can that please be Batman's son in the future fighting Superman's soldiers?

Please be Damianbats
Please be Damianbats
Please be Damianbats
Please be Damianbats
Please be Damianbats
Please be Damianbats
Please be Damianbats

Please be Damianbats
Please be Damianbats
Please be Damianbats
Please be Damianbats
Please be Damianbats
Please be Damianbats
Please be Damianbats

And how would we get a look into the future?

Again... WW could be given the vision by the Olympian gods themselves somehow or through an Amazon oracle.

Eh.... sorry, but I am not really into this idea.

Eh.... sorry, but I am not really into this idea.

Haha. Well then I am out of ideas as to how that sequence with the men with patches and the "Batman of Arabia" fits into all this. :woot:

For reals though, I think it fits. The men kneeling, attacking Batman, the ruins in the background... The pieces fall into place for me. We'll see in March.

I'm thinking of the Amazonian from the Superman/Batman Supergirl arc.

Are we referring to the same character?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harbinger_%28DC_Comics%29

Haha. Well then I am out of ideas as to how that sequence with the men with patches and the "Batman of Arabia" fits into all this. :woot:

For reals though, I think it fits. The men kneeling, attacking Batman, the ruins in the background... The pieces fall into place for me. We'll see in March.

There is something "otherwordly" in that sequence, that is for sure. I wasn't able to really point my finger at it (aside from Batman not looking like it's Affleck under there), but something feels off. Your theory actually goes in line with that. Still, I am not completely on board with this as of now, maybe it's just a bizarre dream sequence. We'll see.

My theory right now is that WW is given a vision of the future by the Olympians or an Amazon oracle. It reveals a future where Batman is the lone hero facing a tyrant Superman that has devastated the globe. The "Super Troopers" and Superman find Batman holed up on the Wayne estate, the ruins of which are seen in the background (again, the world is devastated, thus the almost desert like environment). Batman is overwhelmed and Superman kills him. This vision prompts WW to journey to America and seek the aid of Batman to avoid this future. The hitch is that the Superman she saw in her vision is not the real Superman but a clone duplicate that was created by Luthor, which in that future may still be in Luthor's thrall or has taken power for himself.

I'm going with this. I can't imagine that sequence actually takes place within the present arc of the film. It's like the scene where Superman is sucked into a pit of skeletons in MOS.

I'm thinking maybe they are similar to the fake Kryptonian's in Superman Birthright.

^ Perhaps. Sorry for going a little off topic here, I'm not convinced that's Batman. He snaps one of the soldiers necks. Not a very Batman-ee thing to do if you ask me.
Maybe the Sons Of Batman make an appearance from the Dark Knight Returns?

Last edited:
Africa Campaign WWII. General Batgomery is fighting the forces of General Superomel at the battle of El-Gothamein.

:funny:

Nice theory.

Please be Damianbats
Please be Damianbats
Please be Damianbats
Please be Damianbats
Please be Damianbats
Please be Damianbats
Please be Damianbats

Another nice theory.

I'm thinking maybe they are similar to the fake Kryptonian's in Superman Birthright.

I'm pretty sure if they use any more ideas from Birthright, that'll piss off Mark Waid. He did NOT like MoS.

:funny:

Nice theory.

Another nice theory.

I'm pretty sure if they use any more ideas from Birthright, that'll piss off Mark Waid. He did NOT like MoS.

And you think they would care about what he thinks? Also if you read what he actually said he didn't dislike the movie as a whole just parts of it and the neck break thing is what he hated.

If it's a dream, are the horses riding across the land necessary?
Probably Batman on one of the horses, in disguise - both little nods to TDKR.

It'd have to be Batman's right?

Unless it's WW's. A vision given to her by the Olympians or an oracle on Paradise Isle. After receiving this vision she goes out into the world to try and stop it from coming true.

And you think they would care about what he thinks? Also if you read what he actually said he didn't dislike the movie as a whole just parts of it and the neck break thing is what he hated.

Oh, I thought he hated the movie. As for them caring about what he thinks, if he had said he hated the movie, it'd be pretty disrespectful to use any more of his ideas for the sequel.

Oh, I thought he hated the movie. As for them caring about what he thinks, if he had said he hated the movie, it'd be pretty disrespectful to use any more of his ideas for the sequel.

He kind of did but because of that moment.

DC own the stories they can do what they like with them, if they were so bothered about what the creators thought they would never have made Watchmen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"