BvS Superman was the FIRST. NOT Batman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Superman's still the first superhero though, even with Bats having already been around. A vigilante with gadgets, training, and an effective gimmick isn't gonna rock the world on anywhere near the level of a flying, bulletproof, super strong alien that can shoot beams of pure heat out of his eyeballs. And I think Roven's comment about Superman looking up to Batman was meant to be taken literally, not figuratively.

I think he meant both, but more so figuratively. Have Superman be even a little bit frightened by a human who is muscular and tall and who might be able to take down Superman. And I think Roven also meant that he wanted Superman to look up to Batman as an idol more or less.

I'm considering it.

I've read this in TDK's Bale's voice. :woot:

So just because Superman was the first one to make an appearance in comics and in movie it is other way around, you don't want to watch the movie?

I've given you reasons why I think it's much better this way, but whether you're convinced by them or not, this really shouldn't be a reason to not watch the movie.

I can only guess that you weren't really much interested in seeing it anyway.

Yeah but reportedly, Bruce Wayne will be on his mid-40's, tired and weary. So he has been fighting crime for for a decade or more. Retired and coming back in the game. So that statement has been changed.

I otherwise wouldn't have minded. Other heroes existing, but Superman being the first to reveal himself, but no, Batman was actually the first in this world.

In what world has the statement changed...? If anything, it further proves Goyer's point. That Batman existed in Snyder's world but was not really publicized to the level that Superman was. At this point, the most likely outcome is that people think Batman is an urban legend.

You're looking too much into who's first, rather than Goyer's point which was that superheroes existed, but they didn't go public like Superman did. I'm not sure how you thought Superman was the first one considering that it means that Bruce Wayne didn't become Batman until his 30s-40s, and we all know how silly and ******ed that would be.

Batman doesn't have the ability to lift planets or knock out gods. He can't fly. He can't travel through space at faster than light speeds. He can't even kill someone with his voice. Who cares if he has a little more experience than Supes. It would be even stupider if a young newly minted Batman could keep up with him. I wanted them at the same height just because I prefer it aesthetically when two opposite forces mirror each other to an extent. Batman being taller than Supes doesn't matter In the end though. Superman isn't going to be like "oh no, bats can probably dunk higher than me now."

Superman is my favorite Superhero. I used to sneak over to my neighbors house and read his older comics when I was a kid, before I was placed in foster care. He and Captain America inspired me. Spiderman too just because his life sucked. They made me believe in a better world with better people who actually gave a damn about others. I understand your insecurities about Superman being portrayed as less than Batman. It happens to him all the time and it shouldn't. The most popular Batman comic is Batman beating the crap out of Superman. More B.S.
The things your complaining about are irrelevant though. Because Snyder is not going to let Superman look like a chump. Not when they still plan to make money off of him.

In what world has the statement changed...? If anything, it further proves Goyer's point. That Batman existed in Snyder's world but was not really publicized to the level that Superman was. At this point, the most likely outcome is that people think Batman is an urban legend.

You're looking too much into who's first, rather than Goyer's point which was that superheroes existed, but they didn't go public like Superman did. I'm not sure how you thought Superman was the first one considering that it means that Bruce Wayne didn't become Batman until his 30s-40s, and we all know how silly and ******ed that would be.

Oh by the way. I remember what Goyer said, "Superman is not innately cool as Superman."

In 1933....Doc Savage is created....CLARK "DOC" SAVAGE....the man of BRONZE....he's a billionaire crime fighter....had a "fortress of solitude" in the arctic in 1933...was called a "superman"......he's a master detective.....has a solution for every problem because of his fantastic "prep time" abilities........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"