Namor the Sub-Mariner

I'd rather they saved Namor for when his and the Fantastic Four's rights revert back to Marvel, then they could make a new Fantastic Four movie where they fight namor and Doom.

Otherwise...I dunno, go ahead lol

I would really like to see SHIELD be the means to spin off new characters and develop new films... Kind off like, it is the X-Files of the US government... with files on Wakanda, Wundagore Mountain, Atlanteans, aliens / area 51, mystical forces, worm-holes, etc... So Atlanteans could be fleshed out in A2, were it leasds to a solo film for Namor.

Eric Bana might have made a good Namor, but after HULK that's just not gonna happen.

I like David Boreanaz as Namor.

Luke Goss is the guy for Namor:

luke-goss-1.jpg

Played Nomak in Blade 2, and the prince in Hellboy 2.

^^^^^^Hells Yeah.

Eric Bana should stop acting, that dude sucks so bad.

Illuminati Namor that interacts with Robert Downey Jr. Iron Man has to be Jason Isaacs. Liam Neeson as Stephen Strange and Patrick Stewart as Xavier. That's a scary bunch.

Don't care much about stand alone younger Namor.

Luke Goss is the guy for Namor:

luke-goss-1.jpg

Played Nomak in Blade 2, and the prince in Hellboy 2.

Ya know, I like this guy for Namor. He's got a slightly exotic look and imo the acting chops. He definately has the arrogant, warrior-prince attitude down pat.

Wheres that design from? And wasnt D. Boreanaz rumored for the role of Namor a few yrs back?

... I wonder if this current miniseries The Depths would make a good script..

Wheres that design from? And wasnt D. Boreanaz rumored for the role of Namor a few yrs back?

I found the design on Google. I wasn't aware of that, but I'd obviously be very supportive.

^^ What do you like about it? I can't decide if I perfer the green bathing suit, which is traditional. Or the 70's navy blue "life-support" suit, which is similiar to above. I guess you could say the bathing suit, although tried n true isn't practical in the sense, "Why would Namor go around in his underwear while other Atlantian's wear clothes. After all the oceans are pretty cold compared to air temps.

He better be in his little green underwear. That **** is hot. And it better not be Boreanaz. He doesn't have the look.

I hope the film showcases the high technology that Atlantis has.. might be interesting to see what a production designer could do with the Kirby-tech..

He's the obvious choice for Namor like Patrick Stewart was for Prof X.

Now the use of a green scaly shorts is going to be the curious part for adaptation to live action...

Well, If you saw the olympics this past year you'd see the swimmers starting to sport the pants and tops. Maybe something along those lines or just the pants. I don't know about them having scales though.

... I wonder if this current miniseries The Depths would make a good script..

In my opinion, if you're going to do a Sub-Mariner movie, The Depths has to be the way to do it. It would really set it apart from other Marvel Studios output.

I haven;t read it what's going on in that?

Also if Marvel wanted a younger star for Namor, I'd like to suggest Ian Somerhalder.

I haven;t read it what's going on in that?

Also if Marvel wanted a younger star for Namor, I'd like to suggest Ian Somerhalder.

I'm not reading it myself, but I've read about it, and taken a look at it in the shop. Basically, it's a Sub-Mariner story where the Sub-Mariner isn't even in it. It's about this research team who travel to the depths in a submarine, seeking to find the lost city of Atlantis and disprove the existence of the legendary Sub-Mariner who protects it.

What follows is a whole lot of deep sea exploration with little success, as the crew gradually turns against each other. All the while the captain of the expedition, explorer Randalph Stein, is haunted by dreams of the Sub-Mariner coming from the depths to claim him. And then it's uncertain whether this is a premonition, Namor making contact with him, or just the guy going utterly insane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"