Namor the Sub-Mariner

Why would Marvel do anything? Universal has no intention of launching this character. Could you imagine even WB launching an Aquaman movie? How is Universal, a much smaller studio, going to give a budget to justify this thing? If Marvel wants to use him, they will acquire him. But they will probably just use other characters in the meantime.
Much smaller studio? Universal isn't much smaller than WB, and it's bigger than FOX, another major superhero movies studio

Universal should sell Namor to Fox or Fox should sell Fantastic Four to Universal.

Namor needs to be with either Fantastic Four or X-Men

Of the two, I'd prefer him with the FF. Never loved his recent ties to the X-Men. That said, I would still rather have him in the MCU (but not as an Avenger!).

They sort of missed the boat with a connection to Cap in WWII, that's true, but there is still a connection to Hulk and Dr. Strange through the Defenders. Besides, I'm in the "not every MCU character needs to be in the Avengers/be closely connected" camp, and he would be a good character to have his own expansive "world" within that universe.

IMO, his temperament would fit with the other personalities in the MCU quite well if they did, in fact, cross paths.

Even though Namor is an Avenger, Defender, Invader, and X-Man as of late, which I'm not too fond of, I most relate him to Fantastic Four lore. It'd be cool, however unlikely, to see him part of that universe too.

Marvel would just make him an agent of Shield that discovers he can breathe underwater

lol. How do you know that? They even included an Atlantis easter egg in Iron Man 2, so it's possible they would give him the Black Panther treatment (if that film is made)

Just like Thor was a Shield agent that was good with a hammer.

Hahaha. Exactly!

You don't know what they would do with Namor but I'm sure it would be awesome. Ideally I'd like to see him with the FF but that means Fox who crapped all over the FF so I have to say "no way Jose".

My money is on the MCU getting Subbie in the fold and leading up to a Defenders film. And yes they can still do the Invaders and they can even mine the classic Golden Age stories where Namor attacks New York City and has the classic battle with the original Human Torch. I'd buy a ticket to see that for sure.

Hahaha. Exactly!

You don't know what they would do with Namor but I'm sure it would be awesome. Ideally I'd like to see him with the FF but that means Fox who crapped all over the FF so I have to say "no way Jose".

My money is on the MCU getting Subbie in the fold and leading up to a Defenders film. And yes they can still do the Invaders and they can even mine the classic Golden Age stories where Namor attacks New York City and has the classic battle with the original Human Torch. I'd buy a ticket to see that for sure.

As would I!

I would love to see a tv show about the Golden Age of Marvel comics, it would probably be very expensive but if done well it would be amazing, the rise of the marvels and then as years go by they're forgotten.

I would love to see a tv show about the Golden Age of Marvel comics, it would probably be very expensive but if done well it would be amazing, the rise of the marvels and then as years go by they're forgotten.

Sounds awesome! But way too expensive for TV I think as well.

I'm holding out hope that down the road Marvel might take a break from the Avengers (maybe after phase 3 when the Big 3 have run their course) and tell some of those stories over a series of films.

lol. How do you know that? They even included an Atlantis easter egg in Iron Man 2, so it's possible they would give him the Black Panther treatment (if that film is made)

because everyone that's getting added to the team seem to be agents...Black widow, Hawkeye, Falcon...

because everyone that's getting added to the team seem to be agents...Black widow, Hawkeye, Falcon...
But they were already agentes in one form or the other, mostly in the Ultimate Marvel comics, i doubt the same would happen to Namor, the most likelly possibility is that they would use him to set up an Atlantean invasion

I think what they've done works thus far but if that's the angle they take with every character that doesn't headline their own title then I agree that won't fly. I know some of this is inspired by the Ultimates but I'm not an Ultimates fan. I really hope that Wanda and Pietro are not SHIELD agents. I suspect they will start off as villains.

Actually I've been speculating that although SHIELD has brought them together, the Avengers are going to split off and do their own thing. Thor owes no allegiance to SHIELD or any Earthly entity. Iron Man beats to his own drum. And after the events of The Winter Soldier, I suspect Cap will be a little jaded himself.

I could see solidarity among the team just like in the comics but that's it.

get Vin Diesel involved, play up the semi-villain/anti-hero angle. Use the black, full-body costume.

Sounds awesome! But way too expensive for TV I think as well.

I'm holding out hope that down the road Marvel might take a break from the Avengers (maybe after phase 3 when the Big 3 have run their course) and tell some of those stories over a series of films.
Yeah, they would have to spend a lot on making sure the setting looks like 30s New York already and then would even have to waste more on the Human-Torch and Namor. It would certain rival A Game of Throne's Budget.

Then again i think there is another way around, like instead of focusing on all the Golden Age characters now and then they could focus on Phil Sheldon and the Angel, as well as focus on street crime while the films focus on the Human-Torch and Namor characters respectivelly, with some crossovers here and there.

This is an idea to expand upon the golden age if they make more movies set in that period, i was allways fascinated by this time and there's really a lot they could do.

ABC does have better ratings, so i bet they'dd be willing to give some money for a Marvel/ Disney show than HBO can, if they didn't want to make movies but were willing to give a Game of Thrones budget to a show like this the best way would probably to have the first season be around 7 episodes, maintaining the focus on these different characters but not exactly focusing on the action.

Namor would spend most of his time learning more about people from the world he plans to invade, Human-Torch just wants to be left alone but starts to get a hold of his powers, Phil Sheldon is our human in the show, from this guy we would see what people feel about the Marvels, and Angel is the one from which we learn about the underground world in the city, and the other people who put on a costume following the others example.

The show would Basically take from Marvels, The Marvel Project, the Marvel 75th annyversary issues released set that were set in the golden age, and the comics released during the golden age themselves. This show would certainly be a challenge but i'm sure if done, with the Human-Torch and Namor as featured characters or not, it could be something amazing.

you do realize that they were all shield agents in the comics as well right?

T"Challa;26794773 said:

Ultimate comics maybe, wasn't Falcon a pimp in 616. Hawkeye was from the circus, and Widow was a Russian spy. I could be wrong though anyone care to confirm or deny this?

Pretty much.

They really need to step away from SHIELD being the center of everything.

It was rumuoured they'd even have influence on GOTG even thugh they are rudderless ragtag character ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE GALAXY!!!!

T"Challa;26794773 said:

In the Ultimate Comics. The movie was called The Avengers, not The Ultimates

I hope so too. I'm really excited for the SHIELD tv show, but I don't need them in every movie. Maybe the show will provide a way for SHIELD to continue to be prominent in the MCU without looming too large in the films themselves. Since the MCU is ever-expanding right now, everything can have its own space.

Pretty much.

It was rumuoured they'd even have influence on GOTG even thugh they are rudderless ragtag character ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE GALAXY!!!!

In the Ultimate Comics. The movie was called The Avengers, not The Ultimates
That doesn't mean they can't take thing from Ultimate Marvel, in fact they already did so and it was things that worked better for their take

I think Namor could wear both the black costume and the green speedos in a movie. It would be quite natural for him to wear the speedos at certain points if he is taking a dive or has to get out of his black costume.

Unless people think he should now wear scaly green swimming shorts like this now?

1379-ss12a_330.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"