Namor the Sub-Mariner

I really don’t like how Namor looks in WF. I hate the nose ring, the headdress, and the facial hair. The worst part is that the actor himself looks great in the role and if they ditch those three things, he would look great. But I really don’t like any of the updates they added. It’s all pretty fugly!

what I don't get about the change to the backstory...

is that being now of Aztec heritage (supposedly somewhere off the coast of Mexico?) why would they be traveling all the way to Wakanda? or vice-versa

I guess I just don't know/understand enough about the story yet

Wakanda isn't even usually suggested to be near the coast line (more in land/ central Africa)

have these two Cultures clashed before? is there a history between the people? were they even aware of each other? outside of myth and legend

is Tlālōcān in this case an actual physical place you can travel, too? or is it more of a realm (like Asgard)? are they considered God like?

what I don't get about the change to the backstory...

is that being now of Aztec heritage (supposedly somewhere off the coast of Mexico?) why would they be traveling all the way to Wakanda? or vice-versa

I guess I just don't know/understand enough about the story yet

Wakanda isn't even usually suggested to be near the coast line (more in land/ central Africa)

have these two Cultures clashed before? is there a history between the people? were they even aware of each other? outside of myth and legend

is Tlālōcān in this case an actual physical place you can travel, too? or is it more of a realm (like Asgard)? are they considered God like?

Basically the main reason is that they don't want Namor and Talocan to be an exact rip off of Aquaman and Atlantis, which DC did first.

This post comes with some theme music...

...have these two Cultures clashed before? is there a history between the people? were they even aware of each other? outside of myth and legend

Two Worlds collide....
1980) Defenders Vol. 1 #84
65lkw4.jpg

65ll62.jpg

(2006) Black Panther vol.3 #21
Black-Panther-Fights-Namor.jpg

65l7ss.jpg

(2008) Black Panther Vol.4 # 11 vs Shuri
65l9r3.gif

(2019) Avengers: Endgame i
65lrke.gif

What's already been set off?

And several more times between.

...who will be their common enemy, to inadvertently unite them?

6wx6l8.gif

I was standing, You were there
Two worlds collided, And they could never, ever tear us apart
We could live, For a thousand years
But if I hurt you, I'd make wine from your tears
I told you, That we could fly
'Cause we all have wings, But some of us don't know why:funny:
6vl6rn.gif

c7a3a4c5c1d8c3afea385e93feca8db3eac1df06.gifv

As to why, could be a fight over Vibranium, and a certain someone manipulating them against each-other.
6wx8aq.gif

Last edited:
fair enough, just seemed odd that if they wanted these 2 people to fight that they'd set them so far apart

fair enough, just seemed odd that if they wanted these 2 people to fight that they'd set them so far apart

You aren't wrong, it *is* odd. The conflicts never made sense in the comics, either, for all the good reasons you've listed.

I am just open to being persuaded that, *in spite* of the weird logic, it might still make a good movie.

tchalla.jpg

so far apart
?
Should Wakand only be in conflict with locals? How is the rest of world to far for Wakanda in the Marvel U?
Atlantis/Tlalocan is just as far as FF land is to Wakanda. Or Latvia is to US etc.
With supernatural and advanced tech. available in the Marvel U, getting around the globe and encountering other characters and civilizations isn't some huge impasse. It's an established part of the Marvel U. In fact it's what often fuels the drama and conflict.

If you are arguing you don't like the reason why they and the conflict are being introduced, maybe wait till you know how it's actually introduced, and the reason for conflict to be fully revealed, before you complain.

Your quibbling about the distance though?:funny:

Last edited:
again it's a question of why... not how (obviously they can travel where ever they want)

yes, I'm sure the movie well have answers for this...
(which I probably don't want to know about, yet, so not to spoil that plot)

but, it does raise the question none-the-less

using examples of Atlantis/Wakanda fighting in the comics, does not establish a history within the MCU... an them now being from Tlalocan changes even those conflicts... it's a whole different concept

upload_2022-10-15_15-51-56.png
upload_2022-10-15_15-56-48.png
Black Panther fought a T-Rex the comics... doesn't mean if a T-Rex showed up in the movies I wouldn't question it lol

just saying

again it's a question of why... not how (obviously they can travel where ever they want)

yes, I'm sure the movie well have answers for this...
(which I probably don't want to know about, yet, so not to spoil that plot)

but, it does raise the question none-the-less

using examples of Atlantis/Wakanda fighting in the comics, does not establish a history within the MCU... an them now being from Tlalocan changes even those conflicts... it's a whole different concept

View attachment 59318
View attachment 59319
Black Panther fought a T-Rex the comics... doesn't mean if a T-Rex showed up in the movies I wouldn't question it lol

just saying

Maybe he can fight a veloceraptor instead.

I definitely don’t think he’s fugly, you’re just being mean

Fingers crossed for this

Hmm

We would have gotten Marvel Studios' Namor probably in phase 3 or earlier, if only he isn't tied to Universal Pictures.

He is basically just going to be like Hulk, appearing in someone's movie or show, if not the Avengers.

I'm not sure if Marvel Studios would commit to Marvel Studios' Namor for Disney+ as that would need a movie budget to look high budgeted Xpecially with those underwater scenes. But who knows, I hope they give him a one-shot series if they couldn't do a solo movie.

Hmm

We would have gotten Marvel Studios' Namor probably in phase 3 or earlier, if only he isn't tied to Universal Pictures.

He is basically just going to be like Hulk, appearing in someone's movie or show, if not the Avengers.

I'm not sure if Marvel Studios would commit to Marvel Studios' Namor for Disney+ as that would need a movie budget to look high budgeted Xpecially with those underwater scenes. But who knows, I hope they give him a one-shot series if they couldn't do a solo movie.
True on effects - might be better suited to films. I hope the rights have an expiration date like the Hulk rights have been rumoured to.

I'm not optimistic that Universal Pictures would lose the rights.

Though as long as Namor becomes a major player in Avengers like the Hulk, then great.

Could appear in Defenders too with Hulk, Strange, Valkyrie and Surfer. I would absolutely love that lineup!
Absolutely! Always worth repeating.
Would love it if they could build to a Classic Defenders branded film franchise.
I still hope this MCU Namor can be further developed into his own self titled MCU movie, if they can't (like Hulk), then put them both with Dr. Strange in a classic Defenders Movie franchise. :cwink:
65qj19.jpg

FdwzAoYXwAM9UyD

6v0qxj.jpg

- Namor Movie Rights Explained: What Marvel Can (& Can't) Do In MCU's Future

The Mightiest "Non-Team" ever assembled.
6nyr1o.jpg

If people thaught there was tension in the Avengers line-up, this group of disinterested non-team players compelled to come together (reverting back some to the more savage Hulk) would be explosive!

Last edited:
Absolutely! Always worth repeating.
Would love it if they could build to a Classic Defenders branded film franchise.

The Mightiest "Non-Team" ever assembled.
6nyr1o.jpg

If people thaught there was tension in the Avengers line-up, this group of disinterested non-team players compelled to come together (reverting back some to the more savage Hulk) would be explosive!

There's already a built in relationship with Valkyrie and Hulk and Strange and Hulk (well Banner anyways) and Namor is the true wildcard. If the other Netflix characters outside of Daredevil return, that group could easily be rebranded as The Heroes for Hire.

There's already a built in relationship with Valkyrie and Hulk and Strange and Hulk (well Banner anyways) and Namor is the true wildcard. If the other Netflix characters outside of Daredevil return, that group could easily be rebranded as The Heroes for Hire.

They were all wildcards in the original Defenders, so it wouldn't matter if Namor was. We need Silver Surfer in there too.

Also I don't think the Netflix Defenders ever called themselves the Defenders. They should never have been given that name in the first place.

Just saw a Surfer Special rumour and if that was true we'd have all the characters needed in the MCU. Namor will likely start as an antagonist and gradually chill out. This version looks like he would really add some spice to the team. Yeah makes sense on the names of the 2 teams.

They were all wildcards in the original Defenders, so it wouldn't matter if Namor was. We need Silver Surfer in there too.

Also I don't think the Netflix Defenders ever called themselves the Defenders. They should never have been given that name in the first place.
Valkyrie and Hulk and Strange could start the film together or get together very early on. Then gradually they recruit both Surfer and Namor.

They'll likely be rebranded as Heroes for Hire if they all come back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"