Namor the Sub-Mariner

yeah hopefully by differentiating him from Aquaman they don’t just give him lots of marvel quips like “he’s standing right behind me isn’t he?” type thing haha.

but I really love the visuals so far. I mean, he has a throne made from a megalodon’s jaw. That’s so epic
That was a very cool touch. Hopefully there are nice elements like that all over. I think he’ll have a more intense and serious personality than some MCU heroes.

it really is fascinating how dc and marvel handled their water guys.

dc wanted to not make aquaman a running joke so they roided him up, tattooed, unkempt beard, wild rock star hair and smashes jack daniels bottles. total "i'm a real man" vibes from zach snyder.

while marvel makes him indigineous with a whole culture and people back story. no need for the "rock star" image - just crazy intensity and king like vibes.

i far prefer the latter - gives him so much more textured layers.

Are we sure Namor is going to have a human parent? Looks like someone is comforting his mother when she is giving birth under water.

This is an interesting post.

10 months of filming? Sounds like there was a lot of practical effects. Usually it’s just a month of filming

No it was about 6 to 8 months. He's probably counting the couple months they were off because Wright was still recovering from injury.

I have heard from sources there is still a great deal of CGI. Hopefully the 3rd act goes better, but yea its still a Marvel film. The longer shoot though was to compensate for Coogler's frustrations that they only shot Black Panther in 3 to 4 months.

However, did he just spoil that Attuma makes a move for the throne?

Edit: Just realized Alex made the same hand gesture on stage to end comic con.

Last edited:
it really is fascinating how dc and marvel handled their water guys.

dc wanted to not make aquaman a running joke so they roided him up, tattooed, unkempt beard, wild rock star hair and smashes jack daniels bottles. total "i'm a real man" vibes from zach snyder.

while marvel makes him indigineous with a whole culture and people back story. no need for the "rock star" image - just crazy intensity and king like vibes.

i far prefer the latter - gives him so much more textured layers.

Arthur is also indigenous. And his tattoos are traditional Polynesian tattoos.

Both Arthur and Namor’s casting represent huge cultural milestones for Hollywood. And both characters inject something into their universes that was previously missing.

No need to diminish one to prop up the other.

Watched a Tenoch interview in Spanish with Spanish translation CC & he says Marvel brought in Mexican Academics Advisors from Latin America to advise them for Namor & this new culture for the film. Very interesting. This is getting me even more excited.

Arthur is also indigenous. And his tattoos are traditional Polynesian tattoos.

Both Arthur and Namor’s casting represent huge cultural milestones for Hollywood. And both characters inject something into their universes that was previously missing.

No need to diminish one to prop up the other.

i wasn't diminishing aquaman. i was just merely pointing out the differences and which one i preferred.

I’m not concerned. Sir Ian mckellan wasn’t a wizard before he got the role of Gandalf but it worked out ok

I’m not concerned. Sir Ian mckellan wasn’t a wizard before he got the role of Gandalf but it worked out ok

But he would need to know how to swim otherwise he's going to look like a complete novice if he's doing the doggy paddle or granny breaststroke instead of swimming like Michael Phelps.

I’m sure they’ve given him a few quick spins in the tub by now. I mean they can teach people martial arts in a few months so its reasonably believably he can at least learn a few swimming strokes by now

I’m sure they’ve given him a few quick spins in the tub by now. I mean they can teach people martial arts in a few months so its reasonably believably he can at least learn a few swimming strokes by now

Unless Namor is swimming with arm bands and a float for this movie. :o

…and no trailer in sight.
They also don’t have a good poster for theaters. My cinema just hast the poster with the font

tenoch-full-size-watermark.jpg

Oof Tenoch is looking so good.

Suddenly I’m craving sea food.

Might try and see this without the better half. If he takes a look at him I’m going to end up getting heaps of gym membership pamphlets helpfully added to my laptop bag “just for light reading”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"