Nancy Grace talks to Elizabeth Smart

Reaction score
[YT]5x8ARIxg51I[/YT]

Probably a repost, from 2006

Nancy Grace interviewed Elizabeth Smart, the young girl who was abducted from her bedroom when she was fourteen years old and couldn't have been more insensitive to her feelings on the topic of her abduction. Elizabeth is trying to help get a new sex offender bill passed through the House and Senate so she agreed to be on the show to promote the bill.

Grace did her best to act overwrought with anguish and kept reminding Elizabeth how victims don't like to talk about what happened to them. What does she do then? Nancy keeps asking her what happened and uses some of the most inane questions I've heard. At one point Smart looked over to the left as if Grace was out of her mind. Finally she told Grace to back off.

This is the story of the Elizabeth Smart
http://www.crimelibrary.com/criminal_mind/sexual_assault/elizabeth_smart/1_index.html

Nancy Grace at her worst. What a *****ebag! :cmad:

hahaha, the kid totally rolls her eyes about 1:25 like holy **** what the hell

I hate Nancy Grace. She'll ask someone a question, then when they're trying to answer it, she'll interrupt them.

I hope when she gave birth to those twins it hurt like hell.

Here's my question? Why are we still giving a rat's ass about Elizabeth Smart? Okay, she was kidnapped, okay she was found alive and relatively unharmed not too long after. It's been FOUR YEARS since she returned to her family, can't she just get on with her life?! Good for her putting Nancy Grace in her place!

I thought it was strange how Grace was talking to her as if she were 6-years-old.

I still find Elizabeth "Not so" Smart to be the funniest thing ever.

Here's my question? Why are we still giving a rat's ass about Elizabeth Smart? Okay, she was kidnapped, okay she was found alive and relatively unharmed not too long after. It's been FOUR YEARS since she returned to her family, can't she just get on with her life?! Good for her putting Nancy Grace in her place!

lol She was kidnapped at knifepiont from her bedroom by homeless preacher for nine months (presumibly repeatedly raped) by a nutjob who thought he was an angel sent to earth, you seem to be putting it in an almost apathetic context of "she broke her leg, boo hoo" like she should be expected to flick a light switch over it. According to wiki

Smart has moved on, graduating from East High School (Salt Lake City, Utah) in 2006, becoming a music student at Brigham Young University. At a reception for the passage of the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act, she stated, however, that "life will never be the same."

the girl wasnt to far from her house
shes a ****ing idiot

lol She was kidnapped at knifepiont from her bedroom by homeless preacher for nine months (presumibly repeatedly raped) by a nutjob who thought he was an angel sent to earth, you seem to be putting it in an almost apathetic context of "she broke her leg, boo hoo" like she should be expected to flick a light switch over it. According to wiki

Smart has moved on, graduating from East High School (Salt Lake City, Utah) in 2006, becoming a music student at Brigham Young University. At a reception for the passage of the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act, she stated, however, that "life will never be the same."

I mean, can't other people let her get on with her life. ANd I'm not trying to make light of her ordeal, but the media seems to keep wanting to revisit and rehash it, and I'm kind of tired of it. Like Elizabeth was saying, she didn't want the interview to focus on her ordeal, she wanted to raise awareness about the bigger issue of all children who get abducted. That I applaud her on. But all this other bulls**t where we keep talking about what she personally went through, even she doesn't want to talk about it. So let it go! When measured against all the kids who NEVER get found, or get found dead and/or mutilated, I'd say Elizabeth was one furtunate things didn't get any worse than they did, because they very well could have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"