NBA 2019-2020 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must've woken up in a parallel universe. Since when has John Wall been "basically" Westbrook?? Been hearing that garbage all day. Seriously?!

One guy is a former MVP, 2x scoring champion, 2x assist leader & a 9 time All-Star. In a "down year" he posted 27-7-8 playing with Harden of all people, who's gonna jack more than he ever dreamed of. And the other guy has done...what exactly?

I can't say this anymore, but the Westbrook stuff veers into complete insanity sometimes. Harden again escapes any accountability for another failed marriage that didn't work, partially because of his own play.

But Russ? Oh, he's the worst, anything wrong with any team he's been on is completely his fault and his alone. It's ridiculous, disrespectful and disingenuous. I really, STILL, don't get it with this guy. He plays at 1 speed, that's who he is, and it's problematic at times. But damn, he's not better than John Wall now? FFS...
You know me. I think they are both vastly overrated. :D

But Harden is a much better player then Westbrook, which is why he isn't getting the blame here. With Westbrook, it's kind of crazy how much he has proven me right. Man's a great stat stuffer, but that is where that ends. Everything you listed for Westbrook is regular season. What are his grand successes in the playoffs? What has Westbrook done since KD left him, in the playoffs? An MVP he shouldn't have won doesn't change that he can't shoot, or run a team properly and that matters in the playoffs. That he makes teams worse at the most important times just proves it all really. The issue isn't that he has one speed, the issue is he's all athleticism. He has had years and teammates to prove that wrong and he has failed time and again. To the point that he has been shipped off to the flippin' Wizards.

Is he better then Wall at this point? Probably. But neither are relevant in the NBA today, and that is what matters imo.

Last edited:

But Harden is a much better player then Westbrook, which is why he isn't getting the blame here. With Westbrook, it's kind of crazy how much he has proven me right. Man's a great stat stuffer, but that is where that ends. Everything you listed for Westbrook is regular season. What are his grand successes in the playoffs? What has Westbrook done since KD left him, in the playoffs? An MVP he shouldn't have won doesn't change that he can't shoot, or run a team properly and that matters in the playoffs. That he makes teams worse at the most important times just proves it all really. The issue isn't that he has one speed, the issue is he's all athleticism. He has had years and teammates to prove that wrong and he has failed time and again. To the point that he has been shipped off to the flippin' Wizards.

Is he better then Wall at this point? Probably. But neither are relevant in the NBA today, and that is what matters imo.

I've seen Wall play several games. Enough to make an expert (or, in my case, a not-so expert) judgement? I don't know. The guy I saw played pretty good D and knew how to run a team. Injuries are the key with him. How much has he slowed down and can he stay healthy are the questions for me. Honestly, I don't know, but if he's healthy, Houston got themselves someone who "could" be an all star if everything falls right. Westbrook is a lock all star, but, like you, I don't like his game.

Please happen, please happen, please happen, please happen...

Kyrie and Harden fighting over who is the first option, in a team with Kevin ****ing Durant is the kind of beautiful disaster that makes sports worth following.

When I read about that trade, I literally, immediately started laughing. Right now, I'm sure they will both say the right things, but I can't wait to get a month or so into the season. I suppose I could be wrong, but I think that team is going to need 2 balls.

But Harden is a much better player then Westbrook, which is why he isn't getting the blame here. With Westbrook, it's kind of crazy how much he has proven me right. Man's a great stat stuffer, but that is where that ends. Everything you listed for Westbrook is regular season. What are his grand successes in the playoffs? What has Westbrook done since KD left him, in the playoffs? An MVP he shouldn't have won doesn't change that he can't shoot, or run a team properly and that matters in the playoffs.

Yeah I know you. Unfortunately lol.

Sigh. I'll agree to disagree, as usual. But much better? Idk, I don't see better results. What's Harden done? How has he made his teams much better? Without question he's had more talent in HOU than Russ did in OKC, so what happened? Have you read the ESPN piece about Harden this morning?? You should, and then tell me that's how you lead a team.

(For the record, KD still has something to prove as a leader too. I bet Kyrie grabs the reins)

Harden's a better shooter as far as mechanics but he takes just as bad, if not worse, shots. James is only 33% for his career from 3, and Russ is 30%. Not the biggest difference in the world. On top of that, Westbrook gives you better rebounding and overall perimeter defense. That whole part of his game goes unspoken of.

Westbrook averages more assists, more rebounds, and only 2 less pts, for his career, than Harden. Even with his FT shooting lately, he's still 80% for his career. They both shoot almost the same from the field, in part because of Harden's shot selection. (and before anyone goes there, we're not erasing his OKC years. Nobody wanted to hear that from me about Kobe and how his numbers were skewed because of his first 3 seasons either)

So no, numbers don't tell the whole story, and yes it's regular season, but I don't see this vast difference. If one guy was that superior to the other, it should reflect there somewhat. And with all due respect to him, back to my original point, John Wall doesn't really belong in this conversation with either of them...

Last edited:
I was reading a story where they said Milwaukee was trying to figure out a way to keep "the greatest basketball player in the history of the franchise" and I started laughing out loud (again). Ya see there was this guy named Kareem Abdul Jabbar who was sort of a good basketball player. I'm just going to throw this out as a possibility.....he might have even understood the game a little bit better than Giannis does.

Everybody in LA is talking about Talen Horton Tucker. He looked really good in the first 2 preseason games, but, guys, it's the first 2 preseason games. LOL.

He did look good. He's 6'4", goes about 240 with a 7'1" wingspan (man, that is loooooooooong) and just turned 20. Last game, he scored 33 with 10 boards, 4 assists and 4 steals. I think people should chill out and see what happens, but that's a big ass guard who could probably do a job on a lot of forwards (at least his size says so). He looks like a pretty good defender and when he puts his shoulder down and goes to the hoop, he's a tough stop for most guards.

So Lakers sign Kuzma to a 3 year, 40M contract extension per Woj. It seems odd. I don't understand the salary cap that well, but the Lakers were up against the hard cap meaning they couldn't fill out their roster with another vet at the minimum, but they can increase Kuzma's salary by over 10M? I think this means if they trade him, they have a lot more flexibility and can get a higher paid player as far as matching salaries go.

Anyone clued into this type of situation???

The Lakers warm ups to accept their rings were beautiful. Same with the rings.

The Lakers warm ups to accept their rings were beautiful. Same with the rings.
Unfortunately, we can't say the same about the game itself. LOL.

Lakers are obviously looking long game. James played fewer minutes than Harrell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"