2019 NFL Thread: Hail to the Chiefs

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with that is I think it will cause some sort of 'conflict of interest' as the Washington Post, the paper which is expected to drop the story later today is also owned by Jeff Bezos. So some are already seeing it as a coordinated attack for Bezos to gain ownership.

This is all playing out like an episode of Billions.

You just need to look at Beth's previous clients to know how badly the Skin's have f**** up

The problem with that is I think it will cause some sort of 'conflict of interest' as the Washington Post, the paper which is expected to drop the story later today is also owned by Jeff Bezos. So some are already seeing it as a coordinated attack for Bezos to gain ownership.

There will be calls for a person of color to buy the team.

There will be calls for a person of color to buy the team.
I can definitely see this happening,I think they wanted to do this when Jerry Richardson was forced to sell the Panthers.

I can definitely see this happening,I think they wanted to do this when Jerry Richardson was forced to sell the Panthers.

Sure, but I don't think there's any way they pass on Jeff Bezos if he is interested. It would be super hard for them to say no to Bezos if he makes a bid.

All reports from out here in DC says he is interested and that the owners (NFL) want Bezos as well. Personally I think the league will start looking at a person of color to buy a team when the decide to expand again.

All reports from out here in DC says he is interested and that the owners (NFL) want Bezos as well. Personally I think the league will start looking at a person of color to buy a team when the decide to expand again.

I don't think the NFL expands again. And what person of color would be of interest to the NFL as an owner?

I don't think the NFL expands again. And what person of color would be of interest to the NFL as an owner?
Well if they expand to London as they are planning on doing then you can be sure they'll add a couple more teams to even it out.

Story has dropped

Well if they expand to London as they are planning on doing then you can be sure they'll add a couple more teams to even it out.

If it's a London, team they would probably be owned by Daniel Levy, the owner of Tottenham Hotspur because of their stadium which is an NFL caliber stadium as well.

Story has dropped

So they were trying to make it seem like Dan was doing something bad when all the women have said they did nothing wrong but think they either knew about it or might have had an idea if what was going on.

So why were people saying he'll have to sell the team.

Story has dropped

Snyder is regarded by most to be the worst owner-executive in the league. He’s such a micro manager, there’s no way he didn’t know about this.

Snyder is regarded by most to be the worst owner-executive in the league. He’s such a micro manager, there’s no way he didn’t know about this.
This will be treated probably like how Cuban was treated with the Mavs only unlike the NBA the NFL may fine Snyder and take away some picks.

Snyder is the conversation for worst owner but Mike Brown and Jimmy Haslam are right there too. I don't know what the people of Ohio ever did to deserve such atrocious ownership. I want better for them. It shouldn't be all about my Steelers or the Ravens and healthy divisions make for a better product. No fan deep down wants their division rivals to be so historically below average. It would be beneficial if those two teams actually, you know, did something. The Steelers might not get as many playoff births but it would still be a good thing overall for the game.

Anyway, I like the names Red Tails and Pigskins for Washington.but I see them still using the Native American theme and going Warriors while switching to their alternate arrow helmet design as a halfway measure where no side is really happy because it's still going to have that cultural appropriation tag on it even if the word Warriors isn't loaded like Redskins.

So basically no one on either side of the debate will be happy, and the name will be changed again later anyway. Just like. all the other. Native American Team names will go, away Which is fine with me.

Is the replacement name good are are the uniforms cool? That's all that matters.

So they're going to be the generic Washington Football Team for the 2020 season. Sounds like they aren't coming up with a new name because of time constraints for producing new uniforms/branding and some legal haggling over potential trademarks.

People would dump all over Madden if they named a team like this

Does this mean they're changing the fight song to 'Hail to the WFT!'?

RIP Redskins logos and name! They couldn't have given them Reds as a temporarily placeholder than go all out generic stock?

Looks like things are falling into place for the season to start on time. Falcons said they will allow half the stadium to be filled. New York has said no fans are coming to their games. Not sure if any other team has spoken on the matter. Maybe still too soon to really know on that aspect.

All stadiums that have fans will require a mask. (Obviously.)

I'm ready for it to begin. Would love to actually get to go to the first game in Vegas. But it is what it is. Just glad it's looking like NFL is going to happen.

Looks like things are falling into place for the season to start on time. Falcons said they will allow half the stadium to be filled. New York has said no fans are coming to their games. Not sure if any other team has spoken on the matter. Maybe still too soon to really know on that aspect.

All stadiums that have fans will require a mask. (Obviously.)

I'm ready for it to begin. Would love to actually get to go to the first game in Vegas. But it is what it is. Just glad it's looking like NFL is going to happen.
If that happens, would the NFL be the only sports league to allow fans in the arena? I don't think that would be a prudent choice because that increases the risk of transmission tenfold.

Might would be. We will see what they end up doing. Just what I've read so far regarding fans.

Anyone here have Dish? I'm about fed up with them. They removed the NFL network and the Redzone. I'm about ready for the NFL to do their own streaming app or something. Don't really want to have to switch to Direc TV for the sunday ticket.

Are there any streaming services that offer it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"