Official 2007-08 NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was not aware the Celtics were playing a girls HS team tonight....I kid, I kid....I just did not expect a game such as this in the Finals

I expected the Celtics to win, but not like this.

NewYorkSpider was 2 months old when the Celtics last won the title.

That Garnett feloow seems to be rather pleased.

But seriously, I was smiling just watching him celebrate on TV. It's so good to see him finally get his ring.

Oh, and PAUL F'ING PIERCE! CARRYING THAT JAYHAWK SPIRIT TO THE NEXT LEVEL!

Predictions: Kobe will demand to be traded and Phil Jackson will write another book saying Kobe is still uncoachable.

The East seems to be on par with the West as far as being contenders is concerned. As much as I hate to say it, and while I believe in my team, they're going to have their hands full with a healthy New Orleans, Phoenix, and Portland next year looking to once again make a push.

As a believer I'd like to say it'll come down to Dallas/New Orleans for the WCF next year. :cwink:
****, I don't have much confidence in the Mavs right now. I'm not making any predictions until about half-way through the regular season.

NBA Playoff Pool Final Standings:

1. fu manchu - 84 Points (Winner!)
2. WhySoSerious?? - 82 Points
3. L.A - 81 Points
4. Mister J - 78 Points (Picked the NBA Finals correctly)
5. Fran - 77 Points
6. omid17 - 73 Points
7. DBella - 71 Points
8. Bond - 70 Points
9. JaD - 69 Points (Picked the NBA Finals correctly)
10. Raiden - 68 Points
.... DarthRekal - 68 Points
12. Ghostvirus - 67 Points
13. NewYorkSpider - 65 Points (Picked Celtics in 6)
14. Docker - 64 Points
15. CrypticOne - 50 Points
16. LastSunrise - 43 Points

fu manchu won the pool, so he gets to make the 08-09 NBA thread. Congrats!

J, does this make us brothers? :hehe:

****, I don't have much confidence in the Mavs right now. I'm not making any predictions until about half-way through the regular season.

We have Rick Carlise as our coach and if anyone can help us become better defensively it's him. Offense isn't our problem, it's maintaining a consistent physical defense that has become an issue for us. But we'll see what happens when the next season starts.

Until then it's Bostons time and this is something the franchise, the fans, and the players have been waiting for the longest time. Granted we should've had ours in 2006, but that's a done deal and can't be changed. Congrats to Boston you guys earned this and played a hell of a game tonight.

yes! If Only The Pats Hadnt Blown It...we'd A Won The Big 3!

:up:

For real...that was sick! Ray couldnt miss! Rondo doin his best Chris Paul impresh! I love it! KG! Paulie....what else to say, you da mother ****ing truth!

752abe5bf19edda83a7224b6e09bffef-getty-80398146mw092_nba_finals_ga.jpg

Gotta hand it to the Celtics....that was the worst asskicking I've ever witnessed in any type of playoff game. It just seemd like the Celtics always took it to another level this series once halftime came. It was just unbelievable to see, as a Laker fan, I dreaded every 3rd and 4th quarter this series.

The better team won....the hungrier team won. I don't see Boston needing to make any changes, they'll be here again next year. This is the best defense that I can remember.

As for LA, they need to toughen up. Bynum will be the center as Gasol moves back to PF, but the Lakers need to a straight up defensive threat in the paint. The Celtics got waaaaaaay too many layups and finger-rolls. They're young, and the Celtics proved that they weren't ready for the big stage. And as much as I hate to say it.....Kobe needs to look in the mirror this offseason. The good thing is, after this loss, I don't see the Lakers backing down from any Western conference foe next year.

His line: 21 points, eight assists, seven rebounds, six steals.

damn rondo....nice game :up:

I'm really happy for Garnett, Allen, and Pierce. :up:

Nice seeing them finally win one.

I picked the Celtics to win 4-2...Glad the Boston Three Party got thier rings...Anyone think they can repeat?

I was not aware the Celtics were playing a girls HS team tonight....I kid, I kid....I just did not expect a game such as this in the Finals

:hehe:

Whenever Kobe Bryant fails, I smile.

:hehe:

For real...that was sick! Ray couldnt miss! Rondo doin his best Chris Paul impresh! I love it! KG! Paulie....what else to say, you da mother ****ing truth!

752abe5bf19edda83a7224b6e09bffef-getty-80398146mw092_nba_finals_ga.jpg

"The Lakers can't handle the truth!"
[SIZE=+100]17![/SIZE]

God this is great. I can't believe how loud that place was last night. I can only hope Jeremy Jacobs the Bruins owner (who was in the building) saw what was going on and finally "gets it". Then again he was probably too busy counting receipts from hot dog and beer sales to even notice that a championship was won in his building and it wasn't his team.

Gang Green baby!

God this is great. I can't believe how loud that place was last night.!

Were you there? I was. Got last minute tickets, great seats to. That place was rockin. I still can't hear completely right. I loved when we boooed Stern:hehe:.

I can't believe how early the cops killed the celebration though:cmad: I hung around and watched the trophy presentations then headed out and when I got outside the cops were already trying to clear the streets. I can understand not letting things get out of control but not letting people celebrate at all is effin lame.:cmad: At least it made getting home easy.

The numbers game.

Championship 17 won on the 17th in front of the legendary #17 and they broke the NBA finals steals record which, until last night, was 17.

it was 6/17 and we had 6 and 17 sitting in the front row and won it in area code 617.

Kinda freaky.

The Lakers are now bing dubbed "The Los Angeles Fakers" :hehe:

Congrats Celtics! :up:

Phil Jackson should have called the police on the Celtics, because the whoopin' they put on LA could be seen as aggravated assault. :D

Were you there? I was. Got last minute tickets, great seats to. That place was rockin. I still can't hear completely right. I loved when we boooed Stern:hehe:.

I can't believe how early the cops killed the celebration though:cmad: I hung around and watched the trophy presentations then headed out and when I got outside the cops were already trying to clear the streets. I can understand not letting things get out of control but not letting people celebrate at all is effin lame.:cmad: At least it made getting home easy.

Lucky bastard! That's great good for you.

Just from whatching on tv you got the chills from the crowd. Nice to see the "new" Garden living up to the Old Garden in terms of crowd craziness.

Good times!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"