NBA Thread 2018/2019: That’s a Rap

Giannis can't shoot though, it's hard for me to put him over Kawhi just for that.

Walling him off from the paint will stop him, along with experience too. Most of the great teams/players have to go through a process to win a title, step by step. Today was a prime example of things he still has to learn...

Last edited:
NBA should really consider shortening the season some of these teams play like dogs during the season and only want to compete in the playoffs I mean I knew Boston will be a problem in the playoffs they are not a legit 4 seed they just didn't care about the regular season

Giannis can't shoot though, it's hard for me to put him over Kawhi just for that.

Walling him off from the paint will stop him, along with experience too. Most of the great teams/players have to go through a process to win a title, step by step. Today was a prime example of things he still has to learn...

Touche. I'll back off that. Didn't expect my C's to handle the Bucks. Playing like that, no one, not even Toronto, in the East can stop them

NBA should really consider shortening the season some of these teams play like dogs during the season and only want to compete in the playoffs I mean I knew Boston will be a problem in the playoffs they are not a legit 4 seed they just didn't care about the regular season
They season should be 58 games. Play every other team twice, home and away. But they won't do it, because revenue.

They season should be 58 games. Play every other team twice, home and away. But they won't do it, because revenue.

Yeah and understandable Basketball and Baseball would benefit a great deal from shorter seasons
one day we will get there when the old guard of the sports pass on

The death of Giannis and Bucks was greatly exaggerated.

Eric Bledsoe is for sure my least favorite player, but Lowry is an extremely close 2nd. I can't see a championship team having either one of these guys as a starting PG.

And if one of those teams winds up in the Finals, it could get embarrassing trying to win in spite of them...

Blazers and Nuggets was all time dramatic, and so much fun to watch Giannis and the Bucks make Pierce look the fool he is.

Draymond Green goes from kicking people in the nuts to eye gouges

3-14, 0-6 from the arc, 11 pts in 38 min.

And somehow, Chris Paul will escape almost all criticism yet again. I can't understand it with this guy, how's he pull this off year after year?

He's supposed to be the 2nd best player on that team, he's been the unquestioned leader on other talented teams that flamed out and he's had numerous examples of disappearing when needed the most. Kyrie Irving shouldn't be the only getting killed here over the next couple of days...

I kind of saw the 2015 Golden State where the most and primary scorers is Steph and Klay, just like it was used to be before KD joined in.

That said, if KD injury is bad (i hope not though), GS will quite be beatable, though.
It is interesting how Houston will respond in Game 6. Even if GS managed to get out of the West, I think Milwaukee or Toronto will become a huge challenger for them. (Considering how Milwaukee has beat Boston 4 times in a row in such convincing manner, and also Kawhi Leonard has played in such high level right now.......I still believe, if Zaza not injured him, Kawhi would be able to carry the Spurs beat Warriors 2 seasons ago).

It will not be so easy for GS to win it this time...
Though it is unlikely if KD is come back healthy for the Finals...but we might have a new champion this year.

Hilarious watching Chris Paul spin to the ground like he got hit by a mac truck every time there's the slightest contact with anybody. Guy must've gone to acting school cuz damn does he sell it!

So the eye gouge has replaced the nut shot for Draymond Green?

I'm impressed by the Bucks and, naturally, Giannis. Figured them to have more growing pains, but they kicked the **** outta Boston, who most had basically handed the mantle of the East.

Good showing from Portland this year too.

I guess everyone forgot who the Splash Bros, Iggy and Draymond are. There is your reminder.

Steve Kerr was fantastic tonight. He rotated the hell out of the line up tonight, and made it work. Step had no points in the first half. 33 in the second.

I guess everyone forgot who the Splash Bros, Iggy and Draymond are. There is your reminder.

Steve Kerr was fantastic tonight. He rotated the hell out of the line up tonight, and made it work. Step had no points in the first half. 33 in the second.

Lol yeah you forgot, with all that juggling you do over KD. He makes them virtually unbeatable, but again, the nucleus of a record setting team is still there without him.

He doesn't get the credit he deserves as the best in the game strictly because of that. If any other star player went down, and his team won a playoff clinching game on the road against what's supposed to be their toughest challenge, well...you already know what would be said. They're now 30-4 without Durant when Steph plays. 30-4! Obviously they're unstoppable with him, but as a team they're easier to guard when he iso's.

I do credit Paul though, who rose from the casket one final time to give the help he should've gave the whole series. The Rockets are no different than his Clippers though, talented, but flawed...

Last edited:
There's just something about the Rockets I don't like, probably has to do with Harden.

West Finals would seem to be academic, but who the bloody blip knows.

Lol yeah you forgot, with all that juggling you do over KD. He makes them virtually unbeatable, but again, the nucleus of a record setting team is still there without him.

He doesn't get the credit he deserves as the best in the game strictly because of that. If any other star player went down, and his team won a playoff clinching game on the road against what's supposed to be their toughest challenge, well...you already know what would be said. They're now 30-4 without Durant when Steph plays. 30-4! Obviously they're unstoppable with him, but as a team they're easier to guard when he iso's.

I do credit Paul though, who rose from the casket one final time to give the help he should've gave the whole series. The Rockets are no different than his Clippers though, talented, but flawed...
Uh huh...

I am the guy who says Steph is the man. He is not only my favorite player, I always say the he is the Warriors best player, because he is the one that makes them go. So please stop embarrassing yourself as you try and down play KD, who has been fantastic these playoffs, when Steph put on another performance that shows why he is not only a far better player then Westbrook, but a much better teammate as well. ;)

Last edited:
There's just something about the Rockets I don't like, probably has to do with Harden.

For me it is the combination of Paul and Harden. They are all time whiners, whose game is based around trying to con the refs, and you can see how it has rubbed off on their teammates. Every play they are fouled and they have never, ever committed a foul.

Harden's style of play is always going to be an issue in the playoffs when he doesn't get the same ticky tac calls all the time. Again, for a team so consumed with analytics, Harden's become the premier isolation player in the game today. The team becomes stagnant when he's dribbling the clock away waiting to step back or flop. It's just not championship level play, it's a borderline gimmick.

Uh huh...

I am the guy who says Steph is the man. He is not only my favorite player, I always say the he is the Warriors best player, because he is the one that makes them go. So please stop embarrassing yourself as you try and down play KD, who has been fantastic these playoffs, when Steph put on another performance that shows why he is not only a far better player then Westbrook, but a much better teammate as well. ;)

Yeah, real embarrassing smh. 30-4 downplays him enough.

By the way, I've said he's the best in the league for a few years now in terms of skill, doesn't change the fact that he made a punk move going to GS in the first place, or excuse his inability as a leader, something he's never been and still isn't.

Yeah, real embarrassing smh. 30-4 downplays him enough.

By the way, I've said he's the best in the league for a few years now in terms of skill, doesn't change the fact that he made a punk move going to GS in the first place, or excuse his inability as a leader, something he's never been and still isn't.
I love how you keep on bringing up their record with Steph, like I haven't said he is the man. :funny:

How many games the Thunder win without Durant? How many playoff series with the fantastic leader known as Westbrook? Want to compare both men's playoff numbers this season?

Durant has 2 rings, 2 Finals MVPs. He is an all time scorer, maybe the best in NBA history, along with being a great defender. He isn't Westbrook or Kyrie trying to act like they are leaders and failing completely. The Warriors have two all time leaders in Steph and Draymond.

It is hilarious watching you try and defend people who continually fail, in hilarious fashion, while trying to pick a fight over a guy who has proven himself to be one of the two best basketball players on the planet. All trying to defend your really bad arguments. Durant's not a leader. Who cares? He wins championships without being a leader. He has performed brilliantly in the playoffs and yet you want to take shots at him, while Westbrook shoots his team out of playoff series with the ****ing Blazers and you act like he is a top 10 player. :lmao:

I love how you keep on bringing up their record with Steph, like I haven't said he is the man. :funny:

How many games the Thunder win without Durant? How many playoff series with the fantastic leader known as Westbrook? Want to compare both men's playoff numbers this season?

Durant has 2 rings, 2 Finals MVPs. He is an all time scorer, maybe the best in NBA history, along with being a great defender. He isn't Westbrook or Kyrie trying to act like they are leaders and failing completely. The Warriors have two all time leaders in Steph and Draymond.

You know full well if anybody else had a 30-4 record in their absence, it'd be a pretty big deal. You keep bringing up Westbrook to deflect what we're talking about here. The issue is how much you act like Durant winning titles with GS is some big accomplishment when it's not. And everyone knows it except for you, apparently.

(By the way, it's Westbrook, Paul George, and a bunch of guys. Comparing his team to GS sums up your debates with me...you could use more help to make it even ;))

If KD winds up leaving for NY and gets them a title, I'll be the first to congratulate, just like I did when LeBron beat the Warriors, a signature moment for a reason. Westbrook AND Durant had the Warriors dead to rights that year and BOTH of them flamed out. How come you don't ever mention that? I've already given the stats plenty of times, where was the all time scorer at??

Could've swore he was sub-45% from the field and 28% from the arc in that series. After that he runs to a record setting, championship team he couldn't beat and we're supposed to be in amazement? Maybe it's just me I guess...

Last edited:
Harden's style of play is always going to be an issue in the playoffs when he doesn't get the same ticky tac calls all the time. Again, for a team so consumed with analytics, Harden's become the premier isolation player in the game today. The team becomes stagnant when he's dribbling the clock away waiting to step back or flop. It's just not championship level play, it's a borderline gimmick.
I can rock with this. Gimmick just about says it all. It's the foul-hunting instead of just trying to get into the offense earlier. Annoying af.

Then, there's Chris Paul, who on top of providing Golden Globe-level performances of feigning contact, does **** like this...

You know full well if anybody else had a 30-4 record in their absence, it'd be a pretty big deal. You keep bringing up Westbrook to deflect what we're talking about here. The issue is how much you act like Durant winning titles with GS is some big accomplishment when it's not. And everyone knows it except for you, apparently.

(By the way, it's Westbrook, Paul George, and a bunch of guys. Comparing his team to GS sums up your debates with me...you could use more help to make it even ;))

If KD winds up leaving for NY and gets them a title, I'll be the first to congratulate, just like I did when LeBron beat the Warriors, a signature moment for a reason. Westbrook AND Durant had the Warriors dead to rights that year and BOTH of them flamed out. How come you don't ever mention that? I've already given the stats plenty of times, where was the all time scorer at??

Could've swore he was sub-45% from the field and 28% from the arc in that series. After that he runs to a record setting, championship team he couldn't beat and we're supposed to be in amazement? Maybe it's just me I guess...
How many teams are the Warriors?

Being one of the two best players on a championship winning team is always an accomplishment. He isn't Robert Horry. He won the finals MVP twice, though the second should of went to Steph.

The reason the Thunder look the way they do is because they have Russ on a max. The same Russ who drove KD out of the damn state.

The thing that is so funny about your arguments is your big thing is trying to bring up pass failures as defining after great accomplishments. Players fail before they get to the mountain top almost every single time. Outside of Magic, who walked into the league with who up to that point was best basketball player of all time on his team, in his prime, everyone fails first. Failing is a part of it. KD failed. But now he has succeeded, big time. You like to act like the last two seasons were foregone conclusions. Like KD did nothing to help win the titles, when anyone with a small bit of knowledge knows that isn't true. Westbrook hasn't succeeded. In fact, he has shown exactly why the Thunder, who has KD and Harden on their roster, somehow ended up with the worst one left.

You know what is great though? You will make excuses and treat guys like Rondo and Westbrook like "real" basketball players, who are somehow worth praise, while complaining endlessly about KD and LeBron. Arguably the two best basketball players to ever live. You do this while Rondo can't stay on a team, and continuously fails. You do this as Westbrook's play and contract has made the Thunder one of the most hamstrung teams in the league.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"