Official 2008-09 NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha! Boozer to Heat? Never going to happen! Bosh will land in Miami before Boozer does. He sucks anyway. :cmad:

Who's your team by the way?

Hahaha! Boozer to Heat? Never going to happen! Bosh will land in Miami before Boozer does. He sucks anyway. :cmad:

Who's your team by the way?

He does suck, and as a Heat fan, I wouldn't want him but that rumor has been tossed around for a few seasons, mainly because Boozer lives in Miami and has said before that he'd consider doing so, but now that Miami is clearing space for one of the 2010'ers that's a no go.

Oh yes. I'm a Heat fan. The bad blood just keeps-a flowin' between you and I, holmes.

NBA Trade Rumor: Tracy McGrady to the Knicks

This isn’t going to fly as an alternative to LeBron for the New York faithful. But there’s a chance that the Knicks - who are always assumed to be willing to exceed the luxury tax - would like to bring in Tracy McGrady as a one-year mercenary. It would sell some tickets, some jerseys, and would possibly keep the Garden entertained while waiting for 2010.

That would work out best for both the Knicks and McGrady, who has a year to prove that he’s worth a monster deal when he becomes a free agent along with the rest of the world in 2010. He’d have the spotlight on him in New York, where he could show the rest of the League that he’s still a viable 24-point per game scorer.

The Knicks could put together a package that would save the Rockets some money and include a veteran shooting guard with an expiring contract — Larry Hughes ($13.6M)along with Cuttino Mobley’s 80-percent insured $9.5M deal. Mobley could then officially retire with the team that drafted him (and originally knew about his heart condition). Call it full circle.

There are some issues with that scenario, though. First of all, Mobley retired in December. Even if he magically unretired and made himself available for a trade back to the squad that drafted him originally, there’s a rule explicitly prohibiting the trade of an injured/sick player.

That might not be a bad move for the Knicks...until February came around and McGrady's being helped off the court. Next thing you know "Tracy McGrady out for season" is flashing at the bottom of the ESPN crawl.

NBA Trade Rumor: Tracy McGrady to the Knicks

Knicks should ask themselves if they want an underachieving, and often-injured, shooting guard who can't really play defense and pay him that fat contract.

I guarantee that the new thread is open, thus this one is closed. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"