NBC's Good Place - From the Creator of Parks and Rec

I kinda love this show? In addition to Designated Survivor, I think this is another one where I love everyone in the cast and they all bring something special to it. I feel like my favorite from the cast changes every time but so far Janet is killing me. Tahani too. Oh hell, all of them. :hehe:

Did anyone catch Kylie Minogue writing the foreword of Tahani's diary. :funny:

Caught up on the last two episodes and I'm so glad they with what they're doing with Jianyu.

Last night's episode was so damn good.

I have no idea what is coming next, and that excites me a great deal. And yes, last night was rather great.

Adam Scott tonight.

I love this show. The ever-growing collection of cacti every time they cut to Mike's office was killing me this last ep. And poor Real Eleanor.

Since pretty much the first episode, I assumed there had to be a good person in the bad place for Eleanor to be in the good place. Glad they followed up.

Rebooting Janet is the best thing ever :hehe:

I don't know what's more strange: That it took me a few moments to realize that Bad Janet was played by the same actress as regular Janet, or that I spent the entire ep suspecting that the black dude in Trevor's posse was being played by David Walton in blackface.

Glad about that ending, though. Was wondering why Jianyu was sort of skating by while Elanor was being put under scrutiny.

[blackout]Jason[/blackout]/[blackout]Janet[/blackout]?

Oh Lawd...

Y'all mofos better watch tonight. If I don't get a season two, I'm flipping tables. :o

Oh, it's back? Huh, kind of just snuck up on me there...ah, well. I'll catch up tomorrow.

Y'all mofos better watch tonight. If I don't get a season two, I'm flipping tables. :o
I watched last week, I will watch tonight. The idea of there not being a season 2 is downright evil.

Jason/Janet is amazing.

The little details still crack me up too, like that seafood restaurant called Eating Nemo.

We'd better get another season.

Now that I've seen it...still liking how they weave in these flashbacks. At first thought that Eleanor would immediately just go to the Bad Place since the episode mentioned it earlier...but this Middle Ground sort of sounds like an easy way out since there hasn't been a ton of talk about it. I know it's been mentioned, but not a whole lot.

Though I loved Michael's blunt 'Yes' in response to Janet passionately asking if it's an error to act unpredictably. Reminded me of Jayne's 'Yes' to Mal on Serenity when asked if he wanted to be captain.

[YT]ux3XQu1mIi4[/YT]

I love the choice of actor for Shawn. I know a lot of people were hoping for Nick Offerman or Andre Braugher or Aziz Ansari, but I think Marc Evan Jackson has a perfect dry sense of humor for the role and is not such a big name that he will be distracting. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing Adam Scott on the show, but start bringing in Offerman and Ansari on top of that and it just takes away from The Good Place and turns it into a Parks and Rec reunion. This show stands on its own just fine. No need for gimmick casting.

There's the one hour season finale this week. Definitely looks like it will be back for another 13 episodes.

:wow: I've seen many season finales being used to reboot the story for the next season...but never so literally.

What a legitimately great twist that just completely changes the nature of the show moving forward in a really unexpected but exciting way. NBC better pick up season 2.

Also, kudos to Danson. His sudden switch was perfectly played, felt completely natural despite the very sudden change to the very nature of the character, and was legitimately terrifying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"