NBC's Good Place - From the Creator of Parks and Rec

:wow: This show has such great twists for a sitcom, lol. Fantastic finale.

Favorite quote: "Even getting them to do simple things like pulling out each others' teeth is like....I can't think of the right analogy."

If NBC doesn't give us a second season, I hope Trump burns the whole damn place to the ground. ("Place" being either NBC or the Earth itself being both appropriate and quite likely).

Now, I guess the question is, [blackout]is there actually a Good Place[/blackout]?

That was forking perfect. And the [BLACKOUT]note[/BLACKOUT]. Yeah, she has a soulmate. :yay:

All things considered, I see [blackout]Eleanor/Chidi/Tahani/Jason[/blackout] as a soul-fourway, with Janet thrown in as a celestial Siri. :o

If NBC doesn't give us a second season, I hope Trump burns the whole damn place to the ground. ("Place" being either NBC or the Earth itself being both appropriate and quite likely).

Now, I guess the question is, [blackout]is there actually a Good Place[/blackout]?

Yes. When Michael is pitching his idea in the flashback, he says that he [blackout]stole Janet from the Good Place[/blackout].

As to the whole soulmate question, that could be made up entirely. The only thing we now know for certain is what Janet tells us as Michael says that she is beyond tampering. So that means the medium place was also real as Janet was the one who first revealed it.

It's not often these days a show catches you out with a big twist, especially a comedy, but this one certainly did, and Ted Danson was brilliant in the switch flipping moment.

Yes. When Michael is pitching his idea in the flashback, he says that he [blackout]stole Janet from the Good Place[/blackout].

As to the whole soulmate question, that could be made up entirely. The only thing we now know for certain is what Janet tells us as Michael says that she is beyond tampering. So that means the medium place was also real as Janet was the one who first revealed it.
Whether that is a thing or not in the afterlife, what I found most interesting about this concept is what Eleanor wrote down. She could have wrote a lot of things, but given those few moments she told herself to find Chidi.

tumblr_ok2yeoVYWP1qlzf0xo1_400.gif

tumblr_ok2yeoVYWP1qlzf0xo4_400.gif

tumblr_ok2yeoVYWP1qlzf0xo3_400.gif

Yaaaas...

tumblr_ok5pqmjJla1vik14ko1_500.png

Same universe: confirmed. Call me when Joan Callamezzo gets there.

'The Good Place' Renewed for Season 2

The comedy will return for a 13-episode second season.

NBC is booking a return trip to The Good Place.

The network has renewed the comedy for a second season, it was announced Monday.

Very good news. Not that it was ever in any huge danger, but glad to get confirmation early on. Hopefully we don't get a Vinyl-type scenario and NBC changes their mind.

KBl_58838b4f8ecca2ac5845f1598b6ccb0d_zpsoklan3dg.gif

The ONLY renewal/cancellation news I was waiting for from the Upfronts this year. :up:

It was renewed months ago. :huh:

And I totally missed that news, lol. Oh well, my delayed celebration continues!

Premiere tomorrow night. Which I only just learned via Twitter. So you know... those ratings should be good. :dry:

Ouch, an hour premiere at 10 pm on Wednesday, against the likes of established shows like South Park, You're the Worst, and others?

You're The Worst has averaged like 200k viewers so far this season, so I really don't think that's an issue at all...

Yes, look past South Park. Point is it's already got a built in audience four seasons in, and for an FXX show, I'm not expecting anything stellar. 10 pm is still a bad slot for The Good Place against other programs, especially when the 8:30 pm slot worked just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"