NE one watch Alias?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did everybody think of the character of Lauren?

I personally loved her, though I know I'm in a supremely small minority. :o

Mothling said:
What did everybody think of the character of Lauren?

I personally loved her, though I know I'm in a supremely small minority. :o

I think Melissa George is a fine actress. But the Lauren character was pretty predictable. I kept watching S3 hoping for a surprise twist with her, a la Francine, but I got nothing.

So, her character didn't really do anything for me. Though I did like her scenes with Sark.

DarKush said:
I think Melissa George is a fine actress. But the Lauren character was pretty predictable. I kept watching S3 hoping for a surprise twist with her, a la Francine, but I got nothing.

So, her character didn't really do anything for me. Though I did like her scenes with Sark.

I agree. I expected them to go all the way with Lauren being a genuinely good person,but they took the easy way out. Suckage.

And what the hell was up with her connection to Jack in the s3 finale?

Abaddon said:
I agree. I expected them to go all the way with Lauren being a genuinely good person,but they took the easy way out. Suckage.

And what the hell was up with her connection to Jack in the s3 finale?

I actually liked the way she was just badass. Turning her good in the end woulda just been a cop-out I think. When a character is bad, I like to see them be bad, not go all redemption-esque and try and be a good guy *coughELEKTRAMOVIEcough*

Plus, it meant they got to do scenes were you thought she was indeed good, but was just acting, a la, the scene when vaughn has her hanging by her wrists and was going to torture her, and she acts genuinley in love with him and regretful, but then when he's knocked out, she spits on his body. heh, bitca (Abaddon will get that reference)

She didn't have a connection with Jack. She simply knew that Jack had put out the hit on Irina. The documentation for the hit was what Lauren directed Sydney to. Lauren probably just found out about it, considering she was leaking tons of information to The Covenant.

Mothling said:
I actually liked the way she was just badass. Turning her good in the end woulda just been a cop-out I think. When a character is bad, I like to see them be bad, not go all redemption-esque and try and be a good guy *coughELEKTRAMOVIEcough*

Plus, it meant they got to do scenes were you thought she was indeed good, but was just acting, a la, the scene when vaughn has her hanging by her wrists and was going to torture her, and she acts genuinley in love with him and regretful, but then when he's knocked out, she spits on his body. heh, bitca (Abaddon will get that reference)

She didn't have a connection with Jack. She simply knew that Jack had put out the hit on Irina. The documentation for the hit was what Lauren directed Sydney to. Lauren probably just found out about it, considering she was leaking tons of information to The Covenant.

I thought Lauren made some comment about Jack manipulating both her and Syd(or something like along those lines) before she bit it.

Her being bad was just too predictable a way to restore the Syd/Vaughn relationship. Though I will say I somewhat enjoy seeing the dichotomy between her goody Lauren persona and the ruthless crazy assasin *****. She was surprisingly cold-hearted,and her banging Sark was despicable. They even ruined that though by having Sark "falling in love" with her.:rolleyes:

To be fair, the big "surprise" that Sydney found at the end of S3 wasn't suposed to be what it ended up. I do believe it was supposed to be something to do with Jack doing some kind of project on Sydney without her realising or something. I dunno, the bit I read (a few years ago) was very vague.

That wouldve been a rehash of Project Christmas. But it did seem like it wouldve been something else. The Irina thing was crappy and anticlimactic.

Abaddon said:
That wouldve been a rehash of Project Christmas. But it did seem like it wouldve been something else. The Irina thing was crappy and anticlimactic.

Yeah it was supposed to be like more stages of Project Christmas, as in they didn't stop when she was younger or summat, and she has been manipulated all along.

I guess they figured they didn't wanna make Jack a bad-guy.

theyd played that game too often. Everything Jack has ever done was in her best interest.

What was everybodys favourite disguises?

Mothling said:

To each his/her own I guess. But the thing with Lauren is that I knew she was bad the minute she showed up.

She was an impediment to Vaughn and Sidney getting back together, so I figured the easiest way to remove her out of the picture was for her to be evil. That way she could be dispatched without a lot of hand wringing.

I think it would've been more interesting ultimately if she did turn out to be what she claimed to be. It would make both Vaughn and Sidney really have to make some tough choices about dismantling a marriage to a decent person for their own relationship to be restarted.

One of the cool things about early ALIAS for me was you didn't know who to trust, and there were a lot of gray characters and twists and turns. The Lauren storyline started a trend of predictable, by the numbers stories/plots that hastened the end of ALIAS.

For a crazy second, I thought that Vaughn would be the surprise bad guy in S3-which I've posted before-and that Lauren and Sidney would actually have to work together. Either to take him down, or find the real Vaughn. Now that would've been unpredictable.

But the way things went down, it was pretty blah for me. S3 marked the end of my interest in ALIAS. S4 was so-so, and I largely vacated the show in S5. I only came back at the end because I'm a full circle kind of guy.

But I could clearly see in the last several eps. that the magic of S1 & S2 was gone.

I enjoyed Lauren, and I'm one of the very few who doesn't think S3 was a complete wash. I really enjoyed it despite the flaws so many point out. Plus, it was better than when they tried to overcorrect the action w/character stuff during the first half of S4.

However, the final 6 eps of S4 I believe, were on par with anything done on the show, and it ended ALMOST perfectly. Then the ball was completely dropped in S5, which was marginally corrected in the last 6 eps again...but not impressively.

Still, I enjoyed the Lauren character, but I was definitely relieved that she wasn't resurrected.

Prognosticator said:
Still, I enjoyed the Lauren character, but I was definitely relieved that she wasn't resurrected.

Has anybody here seen the bloopers for S4 of Alias were they do a fake "return of Lauren" on it? It was pretty cool

Pretty much, Vaughn Syd and Jack are just about to enter APO talking about something or another and all of a sudden the door swings wide open and out comes Lauren, rests her arm on the door and says "Hello Sydney."

Melissa George was just on set, probably filming her "corpse" scene and paid a visit to the guys, but it was fun while it lasted, heh

It mightve been interesting if Lauren was made a full-out bad girl,but someone with good intentions who was working for the wrong side.

Prognosticator said:
I enjoyed Lauren, and I'm one of the very few who doesn't think S3 was a complete wash. I really enjoyed it despite the flaws so many point out. Plus, it was better than when they tried to overcorrect the action w/character stuff during the first half of S4.

However, the final 6 eps of S4 I believe, were on par with anything done on the show, and it ended ALMOST perfectly.

Absolutely.

Wow I never knew there was an Alias thread, this is proably my all time favouirte show I loved it was cool, I think Jack and Sydney where great characters, I was sad when it finished, but hey I got the box sets lol.

I wish I hadn't invested in Seasons 1 & 3 so I could feel better about buying THIS:

Alias_CompleteSeries.jpg

It's probably the coolest DVD Box set ever and I don't even own one! :(

The production crew at Lost are going to have to blow the hinges off their respective imaginations to top this one when that series ends.

it's hard for me to watch the second half of season 3 in reruns.:(

The only reason I watched the last season was for Rachel Nichols.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"