NE one watch Alias?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heck yeah! I'm surprised that this show is not mentinoed very much on here.

"Alias" is by far my favorite TV show right now!

Just over 1 week til the Season 3 premiere! Woohoo!!

Love the show... and Garner's so damn sexy.

Can't wait for the new season. I wanna know what the letter Sloan got from 'Qui Chang Cain' was all about. I loved how thunder struck as he read it.

I read a rumor that everything in this new season is backwards. Sloane is a 'good guy', Jack Bristow is now in the jail cell (where they held Irina), and Dikson is in charge at the 'Base'.

Gonna be interesting to see what happens.

alias is my favourite show as well at the moment, reminds of macgyver a bit just with way more continuity.... funny there both kind of cult shows....

Superfreak, you left out the little tidbit about Fake Francie still apparently alive and kicking! Abrams has promised that "there will be a rematch." Not to mention the new femme fatale in the form of Vaughn's new wife. You just know she's going to be trouble down the road.

Alias is the most consistently good show on television (next to the West Wing). Well written, good solid characters make it an endurable show. Plus, Jen Garner is scrumptious.

what traps you is the bloody cliffhangers though

I just finished watched the Season One DVD set and can't wait for this next season to start (yes, I watched all of season two, I missed about half of season one though). It truely is my favorite show on TV right now, everything that should make this show "jump the shark" actually works and improves the show. The cliffhangers between episodes really trap you, but what's worse are the cliffhangers between seasons, those are truely god awful. I think Fake Francie being part of Project Christmas plays a big part in way Syd can't remember the past two years. Just can't wait for Sunday.

you're so right about the finales. I just wanna know what was in that damn letter to Sloane. Is Sloane Rimbaldi?

I watched for a while, missed a few episodes, and was too confused to take it back up.

Alias is good but there's something about it that distinguishes itself from other shows. Something I can't quite put my finger on. I think its the fact it borders on fantasy while being grounded in realism. When I started watching I expected another rendition of La Femme Nikita but was pleasantly surprised when it went off in another direction.

Epic backround story... different disguises and covers every episode... Hot chick.

It's got a lot going for it. The plots can each be distinct, and are only linked by the 'epic backround arc' of Rimbaldi. So it doesn't get monotonous. Every show their doing something different, but it all accumulates in the Rimbaldi backround... which I fear will never be solved... sticking with the cliffhanger trend of the series.

Aliass3.jpg

boston_tvguide9..jpg

2 Days, guys....2 days

I just got the Season 1 Alias DVD set for my girl -- she was happy ;)

Can't wait for season 3 premiere this Sunday -- wooo hoo!

They showed a scene on Good Morning America today showing Sydney choking Vaughn because she thinks he's a double, like Evil Francie! Poor Syd.

Here's the funny thing....

I've seen every episode of this show so far, at LEAST twice. Some episodes ("Truth Be Told", "So It Begins", "Almost Thirty Years", "Phase One", "Free Agent", "Second Double", "The Telling", etc) I've watched 5 or 6 times.

Funny thing is, until this Sunday's premiere, I have NEVER seen "Alias" on cable. It's all been downloads, and then the DVD for me. I know that downloading songs/movies/tv shows are illegal and 'keep the companies from getting the income they are counting on', but if it weren't for me downloading the episodes, I would have NEVER gotten into this show, and therefore would have NEVER wanted to buy the DVD's...which are now Essential to my being (lol).

So yeah, it's gonna be wierd seeing commercials interrupt the episode Sunday. lol. I've never experienced Alias with commercials yet. lol

But you better believe I'll be there. I've requested off for work just for the premiere. : )

Just......2......more......days........

The Singularity, what I think distinguishes it is that it's smart, tense and has real characters in it that you can really feel for. The characters draw you in, also the ongoing plot helps too. Unlike other shows which have an ongoing plot in Alias is just so much more, an example is NYPD Blue, it always has an ongoing plot, but the plot is only given importance in the first few and last few minutes of the show. With Alias the ongoing plot is always given prominence throughout the show, but really I think it's the characters, the acting is so good in the show, the last two season finales are the best examples, I felt totally stunned when Syd utters mom or when she sees Vaughn with a wedding ring and learned she was missing for two years. I really can't believe the show didn't win any Emmys and just proves my belief that those awards shows are just a good old boys club and don't get me started on how robbed Larry David was of an Emmy for his role in Curb your Enthusiam.

One last thing imdaly, Alias is on network TV, not cable.

Originally posted by amazingfantasy15
One last thing imdaly, Alias is on network TV, not cable.

Ahh, THAT'S the word(s) I was looking for. I almost said "television", but technically I've seen it on TV with help of my DVD.

Yes, Network TV.

And also, I agree COMPLETELY with the rest of your post also.

Alias is also great because it suceeds in balancing all the elements of action, relationships, hi-tech, and SF/fantasy.

--And that ain't easy.

JG ugly.... man someone needs glasses... go watch DD or look at that picture posted in the who's the best marvel movie girl poll on here. If you can tell me she's ugly after looking at that you have problems. I'll admit though they take some bad pictures of her from time to time and that ALIAS for the most part (other than some of the disguises) downplays her sexual appeal, IMO.

Just my two cents

cool episode

spoilers

Sidney wakes up, everything is different. Finds out Jack is in Prison. 'Lies' her way onto a mission to get leverage to release her father. Fails, confides in Weiss, goes rogue. Goes to Sloane, now a high up in the WHO, for intel. Completes the mission, gets the leverage, and frees Jack. Jack has a video of Sidney that is one year old, of her killing some old dude. But Sidney doesn't remember anything before two years ago. end.

Relationship stuff.

Sloane got a pardon

Jack, obsessed with Sidney's death, sought help from his wife... that's why he's in jail

Vaughen is married, Sidney is really mad at him.

Dikson is in charge... with some other cronie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"