NE one watch Alias?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what, when I first tried to watch the show, it was the middle of first season, I felt lost, there were too many subplots, so I kinda gave up on it... This week, AXN started to show it everday at 7 PM in my Country, so I started to watch from the pilot and enjoyed it... It´s a fine show, but it´s a little tough to catch up on it if you don´t watch from the beginning and keep going.

I'm halfway through the season 2 DVD box set and I have to say this show kicks a lot of ass. I'm downloading the season 3 episodes that I missed so I can catch up, but it's going to be a LOOOONG wait.

Originally posted by ultimatefan
You know what, when I first tried to watch the show, it was the middle of first season, I felt lost, there were too many subplots, so I kinda gave up on it... This week, AXN started to show it everday at 7 PM in my Country, so I started to watch from the pilot and enjoyed it... It´s a fine show, but it´s a little tough to catch up on it if you don´t watch from the beginning and keep going.

I can TOTALLY see what you mean. This show is one of those shows that you really have to see from the begining, and not missing an episode to FULLY understand it. So much happens in each episode that is crucial to the plot, that there's really no other way around it.

I was fortunate enough to start watching from the pilot. I had really enjoyed Jennifer Garner from her role in "Daredevil", so I figured I'd download the first episode of "Alias", which I heard was great, but never was too interested in trying it out.

I was blown away, and have been an Alias Fanatic since!

Originally posted by BlackSymbiote
I'm halfway through the season 2 DVD box set and I have to say this show kicks a lot of ass. I'm downloading the season 3 episodes that I missed so I can catch up, but it's going to be a LOOOONG wait.

Dude, I feel ya. But for me, I had to wait and download every single episode from the start of Season 1, to the end of Season 2. That took FOREVER, but was well worth the wait.

This right here can be a PERFECT example of why downloading of TV shows can HELP the company, not hurt it. If I hadn't been able to watch this show for free from the beginning, I would have never given this show a shot. And since I DID, and LOVED IT, the company now is in possession of my money that went to buy Season 1 on DVD, Season 2 on DVD, every other season that ever comes out on DVD, the Official Guide to Alias book, the Alias game when it comes out, and every issue of "Alias Magazine" that has and will come out. This company BENEFITED from me downloading two entire seasons of Alias, which are now deleted because I own the DVDs.

imdaly sounds like someone I know, kind of like me, even up to watching DD and liking her in it. Only differece is that I watched season 2 when it came out on dvd and not quite in sequence ( I knew about the two years unfortunaltly)

The way they are scheduling this show can't be helping ratings though, I know it has great demographics but something like this doesn't help.

Originally posted by imdaly
Dude, I feel ya. But for me, I had to wait and download every single episode from the start of Season 1, to the end of Season 2. That took FOREVER, but was well worth the wait.

Whoa! That is a lot of episodes, but yeah they were worth it. They started off a little slow in the beginning and I wasn't sure if I liked it or not, and then by like the third episode I was going "Hell yeah!"

You know, JJ Abrams directed a few of these episodes as well as wrote. Wonder why the WB isn't considering HIM to direct Superman. Yeah, I know there's a different between a medium budget TV series and a bigger budget than God epic movie, but I'm sure he could adapt.

This right here can be a PERFECT example of why downloading of TV shows can HELP the company, not hurt it. If I hadn't been able to watch this show for free from the beginning, I would have never given this show a shot. And since I DID, and LOVED IT, the company now is in possession of my money that went to buy Season 1 on DVD, Season 2 on DVD, every other season that ever comes out on DVD, the Official Guide to Alias book, the Alias game when it comes out, and every issue of "Alias Magazine" that has and will come out. This company BENEFITED from me downloading two entire seasons of Alias, which are now deleted because I own the DVDs.

There's an Alias Magazine?

But yeah, I hear ya. I'm downloading the episodes and I plan to start watching it when the new episode airs on Sunday, yet downloading those episodes to watch it in order and catch things I missed. But when the DVDs come out, I'll get those too. Only things I don't like about the DVDs is waiting for the season to end, especially if you're a new fan, like myself.

However, does anyone know a place I can download all of season 3 that's NOT bittorrent, or at least on a faster server/more seeders that Suprnova? The one I'm downloading has been going SLOOOOOOOOW or not at all for the past two days.

There's an Alias Magazine?
Issue #1
2ALIAS.gif

Issue #2
aliasuk02.jpg

Issue #3 comes out Feb. 17th. You can find them at Barnes and Noble, Borders, Blockbuster, Suncoast, and Waldon Books. The issues come out every other month and are FILLED with Alias goodies!

However, does anyone know a place I can download all of season 3 that's NOT bittorrent, or at least on a faster server/more seeders that Suprnova? The one I'm downloading has been going SLOOOOOOOOW or not at all for the past two days.

Kazaa for me, but anywhere you go it's gonna be sloooooowwwww.

Oh, I forgot to say I really love the musical theme that plays with the final credits. One of the best spy themes I listened to.

I think the old foe is supposed to be Quentin Tarentino's character. It would be frickin' sweet if it was Anna though.

Originally posted by armyofme
I think the old foe is supposed to be Quentin Tarentino's character. It would be frickin' sweet if it was Anna though.

According to ABC, it IS Tarentino.

But whatever happened to Anna though? She was supposed to be Sydney's huge arch nemisis and then is never heard from again halfway through the first season.

Personally I think it would've made much more sense to have ANNA be the person who became Francie's genetic double than some complete unknown who's name and history were never even mentioned before.

It would've given the fight at the end of The Telling much more impact and drama.

Originally posted by Psylock_fan
Thats a great point and the next episode is feb. 15

Thank you. I'll be sure to watch. And if my episodes aren't done downloading, I'll go read some spoilers.

Thank you. I'll be sure to watch. And if my episodes aren't done downloading, I'll go read some spoilers.

I'll pray that your episodes get finished by then, BUT:

If you don't get them downloaded in time, I would definitely reccommend you get your episode summaries here:

http://www.twoevilmonks.org/alias/aliaseps3.htm

This site has awesome (humorous) summaries of every single episode so far of Alias, USING SCREENCAPS! Even after I've seen the episode, I always make it a habit to check out the summaries on this site, because they are so tounge-in-cheek, and sometimes it helps make a little more sense out of things.

-------

The "familiar face" is Mikenas Cole, played by Quinten Tarintino. He was the baddie from season 1's "The Box" part 1 and 2. If you listen carefully, you will notice that he already made a semi-appearance in "Full Disclosure" a couple episodes ago. He was the man that told Sydney (as Julia) to stab the "unimportant man". :D Can't wait to have him back!

---------

And I agree, I'd love to see Ana Espinosa back. AND....isn't it time we got a Season 3 appearance from "Suit and Glasses"? ;)

I seriously doubt it. It's looking like it'll take a beheading or something similar to get that b**** finished.

Oh, and we get another great guest star in next week's episode!

Vivica A. Fox

I hate this time of year for alias. too many goddamn award shows... and then like a month from now... we're bumped again for the oscars... bloody annoying STUPID AWARDS SHOWS

I agree completely. BUT, that just means that we must have a good 7 or 8 episode run of new episodes each week at the end of the season.

There aren't too many Sundays left until May.

Oh, and btw, some DVD news!

Alias: Season 3 will be released on DVD on September 7, 2004!

Tentative Special Features Include:

* Audio Commentaries, including the "Biggest Alias Fan," who will be chosen in a national promotion
* "Burbank to Barcelona" - a featurette on production design, and how the show creates cities around the world
* "An Inside Look at the Gadget Lab" - see Marshall Finkman's gadgets go from script to screen
* "The Alias Diaries" - meet the unsung craftsmen and technicians who bring the show to life, and go behind the scenes as they interact with the creators
* Script Scanner
* Deleted Scenes
* Blooper Reel
* And More!

:D I can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"