• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Netflix’s Maestro | Bradley Cooper, Carey Mulligan

I dunno, I thought the second half of the movie was so much better than the first and it really hit home the part where it's less about a biopic on Bernstein and more of a marriage drama where Carey Mulligan's gets a lot of shine.

I see why some people are pushing back on this movie because it feels very Oscar-baity and Cooper is really going all out in the film and the awards race, but I thought it worked.

I dunno, I thought the second half of the movie was so much better than the first and it really hit home the part where it's less about a biopic on Bernstein and more of a marriage drama where Carey Mulligan's gets a lot of shine.

I see why some people are pushing back on this movie because it feels very Oscar-baity and Cooper is really going all out in the film and the awards race, but I thought it worked.
The second half was definitely stronger than the first, I just wish it had taken more moments to catch its breath.

I feel like in a weaker year this would be getting a lot more attention. It has no shot at winning Best Picture even if it gets nominated but even the Best Actor race is crowded enough that Cooper isn't exactly a shoo-in but if he were to win for this there'd be no complaints from me.

I tried to keep an open mind with this, but it was largely forgettable. Like many, many biopics, it drags its way from one moment to the next without anything particularly interesting to say about what we're watching unfold. Cooper and Mulligan are both undoubtably very good, but I can't say I'm ever gonna think about this movie again, which is about the worst thing you can say when memorializing someone like Bernstein.

This was too Oscar bait-y. I didn’t feel so much I was watching a movie as Bradley Cooper trying to get an award.
It was a movie about an attractive artist couple in an open relationship talking a lot and chain smoking in beautiful surroundings. I think Bradley Cooper just wanted to make a French film but without leaving Hollywood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"