Netflix, Mike Flanagan back at it again with 'The Fall of the House of Usher'

Kaleb

2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion
Reaction score
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/netflix-edgar-allen-poe-fall-house-usher-1235026397/

Netflix has greenlit The Fall of the House of Usher based on Poe’s 1839 short story about an isolated country manor full of secrets, death and madness.

The limited series will consist of eight episodes. There is no casting or official description available yet at this time, but Netflix notes the series will be based on “multiple works” by Poe so, apparently, it’s not just the tale of Usher that’s included here. Flanagan will produce along with his Intrepid Pictures partner Trevor Macy. Flanagan and Michael Fimognari will each direct four episodes.

Woooo!

Love this story and we know Flanagan can make haunted house stories well enough.

I assume he’ll be modernizing it as he’s done with other past work. Though I would love to see it as a period piece.

The Roger Corman/Vincent Price 1960 version still is pretty great today for those interested

Flanagan is a saint continually bestowing gifts.

7653093f25610de85dc76a59154f49a3.gif

Nice. Flanagan and Netflix have made a beautiful (and lucrative) partnership.

This sounds gooood.

Oh ****.

This is something very different for Hamill. Color me intrigued. The other four are of course amazing.

Surprised there’s so few Flanagan regulars thus far.

Based on the ages of the Ushers, I’m guessing this will be kind of a reinvention in the same way that his Hill House was?

Frank Langella :wow:. Mark Hamill :wowe:. Can’t wait till the rest of the cast is revealed. I’m guessing the second wave might have more of Flanagan’s regulars.

Loving this cast, would be cool to see Hamill become another regular for Flanagan's shows, and I'm loving that Rahul has been getting so many great roles from Flanagan.

Love seeing the BSG and iZombie reunions happening with this one.

Seeing Flanagan hyping up the actors from the Midnight Club is getting me excited for that show too.

That’s a great cast right there.

And Mark F***ing Hamill in this?!? Sign me up!

Of course, the ongoing tradition of Mike Flanagan including his wife in his projects continues. :hehe:

Nice to see Rahul come back. Loved him in Midnight Mass.

She’s even a good actress. I wish she was in more stuff outside of her husband’s projects.

She’s even a good actress. I wish she was in more stuff outside of her husband’s projects.

Oh, I know. I was just being kind of cheeky. Even though I haven’t watched any other of Flanagan’s series or films that she was in, I thought she was wonderful in Midnight Mass.* Can’t wait to see what she does in this.

*(Also loved the long dialogues in that. I know it annoyed some percentage of people, but I thought it worked for the show. I just thought of it as a stage play filmed in real life.)

She was in an episode of Supernatural where she played a demon. That might be the only non-Flanagan project I’ve seen her in.

EDIT: Sorry I was wrong. I was thinking of Sasha Barrese.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"