New Avengers lineup

I agree it's looking very plausible, but I highly doubt you'll see She-hulk or Monica Rambeau on it (and probably not Black Widow II, either).

Thinking a bit more about the potential line up:

• Spiderman - If they can work out a deal with Sony, Spiderman would work really well as the leader of the team. He'd be in his late twenties by this point, a little older and wiser and able to mentor this new generation of teen/YA heroes. It'd be a big bold move to bring over such a huge movie character onto a Disney+ miniseries as well. It'd really cement the shows as being integral to the MCU.
  • Miss Marvel and America Chavez are both getting shows, so I'd expect those two and (with some luck) Spidey as the big three of the Young Avengers.
  • Kate Bishop will be introduced in Hawkeye, I think she'll be as much a lead in that show as Clint will be.
  • Cassie Lang can take on the Stature mantle in Ant-Man 3 before appearing in Young Avengers.
  • Wandavision can introduce some combination/adaptation of Wiccan, Speed and Vivian. We could see them in Doctor Strange MoM as well.
  • Hulking can be a supporting character in Ms. Marvel.
  • I reckon you can throw Yelena Belova in there as well. Sure she's not part of the Young Avengers in the comics, but why introduce a legacy character for Black Widow if not to include her on the team of legacy heroes?
I can see this being the next big cross-over event in the MCU, landing in 2023. That would be really bold, putting the first big crossover since Endgame on Disney+ rather than in cinemas.

It's going to be interesting to see how they juggle so many of these new characters. They not only have the new film characters, but the new Disney+ characters as well, which will supposedly be fully integrated into the films. Definitely looking more and more likely that they'll be moving towards multiple team up films/series to balance the growing cast.

A Young Avengers team is looking likely, consisting of Falcon and Winter Soldier (as the older mentors) Kate Bishop, Stature, She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, Yelena Belov and Monica Rambeau.

If Monica Rambeau was a kid in the 90s, she's gonna be way past her teen/early 20s in any present day film. Even if we're assuming she was dusted during the 5 year time skip.

If she's used on the team, it's more likely it'll be in whatever new Avengers line-up we get. Or maybe an A-Force type movie if that happens.

That would be excting to see them assemble with Strange, Tchalla, Carol and the rest of the gang!

What about Shang Chi and Blade?

That would be excting to see them assemble with Strange, Tchalla, Carol and the rest of the gang!

What about Shang Chi and Blade?

Shang-Chi will be on the tea for sure. Not so certain about Blade, he could be more in his own area of the universe, with characters like Moon Knight, Werewolf By Night, Doctor Strange etc. All the magical characters.

She Hulk should look old as Carol Danvers and Thor.

I don't want a teen She Hulk... especially if she's gonna be a lawyer.

Exactly. Anne Hathaway would be great. But I’d take Jessica Biel too

It's interesting because there's really a huge amount of characters who could conceivably be on the team in a fifth movie, that I wonder if they won't whittle it down a bit and do two teams. Maybe even West Coast Avengers as a Disney + show.

I don't mind splitting the team into the two especially if they are gonna end up together in anotherAvengers film...but the other one heading straight to streaming feels like a demotion to me.

I don't mind splitting the team into the two especially if they are gonna end up together in anotherAvengers film...but the other one heading straight to streaming feels like a demotion to me.

I think Disney/Marvel is definitely trying to break that kind of feeling. It seems to me like on of the main selling points of Phase 4 is the complete integration of the Disney+ Series with the movies. Obviously the movies will always be making the most bank, but these new shows could be just as integral to the narrative. Really they're going to be six hour movies.

Anyway, with the picture a little clearer now I think this is a likely lineup:

1. Captain Marvel
  2. Doctor Strange
  3. Black Panther (The Big Three)
  4. Spiderman (if a deal can be reached)
  5. Falcon (The leader, The new big three all have their own arenas outside of Avenging, Falcon will be the one to step up as the full time leader of the Avengers.)
  6. Ant-Man
  7. The Wasp (These two are a package deal now.)
  8. Jane Foster as Thor
  9. She-Hulk
  10. Shang-Chi
  11. Sersi
  12. Black Knight
Characters like Blade, OG Thor, the Guardians, Eternals other than Sersi etc. who have their own things to do outside of earthbound avenging can sit out without too much explanation. I feel like Vision and Scarlet Witch will be more involved with both the magical side of the MCU and the mutant side than with the Avengers going forwards. Characters like Hawkeye, Winter Soldier, War Machine have been through a lot and might be up for retirement. Younger characters can form a Young Avengers team on Disney+.

Not all the countries in the world are gonna have access to Disney+ in the next three years. Also its different heading to the cinema with posters/standees for the film in display and watching it in a big screen with a crowd.

Film and tv/content made for streaming are always gonna be two different mediums for various reasons.

Not all the countries in the world are gonna have access to Disney+ in the next three years. Also its different heading to the cinema with posters/standees for the film in display and watching it in a big screen with a crowd.

Film and tv/content made for streaming are always gonna be two different mediums for various reasons.

Sure, the movies will always make more money and be seen by more people. But if the shows can truly achieve what they're meant to achieve i.e serve as six hour stories with the depth of a tv show and the production values of a movie, they're going to be something pretty special. And we already have confirmation that the shows will lead into the movies - Wandavision will set up Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel will make her debut in streaming before moving over to the big screen. They're not holding back.

They are connected but not all of them are exactly a lead up. What If isn't leading to anything, right? And why is that not even in live action?

And Disney is launching a streaming service, of course they would greenlight as many shows that they can with Marvel Studios to attract subscribers. Marvel did that as well with Netflix a few years ago.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"