New Avengers lineup

I'm thinking he's heading off to Sony after FFH.

I'd be very surprised if Sony and Marvel didn't renegotiate their contract to allow Spidey to continue appearing in the MCU. It's a no-brainer for them.

I kind of think there are so many characters in play that it's best to make multiple Avengers teams that would maybe team up all together for a Phase 5 or Phase 6 challenge.

Earth bound Avengers:

Sam Wilson - New Cap
Winter Soldier
Doctor Strange
Scarlet Witch
New Vision without mindstone
Ant-Man
Wasp

You could have someone like Simon Williams as Wonderman playing a role like SW and QS did in Age of Ultron where he starts out as a bad guy and then joins the team.

Cosmic Avengers:

Captain Marvel
Adam Warlock
Thor
Some of the Guardians
Some of the Eternals

I guess my big problem is if Captain Marvel is too tied into the earth bound avengers, you get the Superman problem because she's so much more powerful than any of them.

I'd be very surprised if Sony and Marvel didn't renegotiate their contract to allow Spidey to continue appearing in the MCU. It's a no-brainer for them.
Sony Pictures needs money. They wouldn't want to piss off Disney by turning them down.

I kind of think there are so many characters in play that it's best to make multiple Avengers teams that would maybe team up all together for a Phase 5 or Phase 6 challenge.

Earth bound Avengers:

Sam Wilson - New Cap
Winter Soldier
Doctor Strange
Scarlet Witch
New Vision without mindstone
Ant-Man
Wasp

You could have someone like Simon Williams as Wonderman playing a role like SW and QS did in Age of Ultron where he starts out as a bad guy and then joins the team.

Cosmic Avengers:

Captain Marvel
Adam Warlock
Thor
Some of the Guardians
Some of the Eternals

I guess my big problem is if Captain Marvel is too tied into the earth bound avengers, you get the Superman problem because she's so much more powerful than any of them.

I think Wanda creates the New Vision using a fragment of her own soul (hence "WandaVision"), but in the end she will have to re-absorb it.

I'm hoping Rhodey will move over to the Disney+ side of things for a while, which would give us 6 Avengers (Falcon, Bucky, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Hawkeye, War Machine) in that corner of the MCU that can do their own thing, team-up on the small screen or join the fight alongside a new team on the big screen.

The main Avengers team on the big screen I expect to be made up of newer members, with Ant-Man, Wasp and Black Panther being the three who will definitely feature.

With Thor off in space with the (As)Guardians Of The Galaxy, Hawkeye and War Machine doing their thing on Disney+, and Tony, Steve and Natasha (prequel aside) all out of the picture for various reasons, that would leave Hulk as the only original member who could still feature on the main team, which would give them a big hitter if Captain Marvel is otherwise occupied with her own story.

I'd say the other three could be Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange and Spider-Man but if those characters are otherwise occupied with their own story then there's going to be Hulk, Valkyrie, Shang Chi and maybe Nova to choose from as substitutes, as well as characters we'll see in Eternals like Sersi, Starfox and hopefully Hercules or Ares.
Black Knight is another possibility if the rumours about a Captain Britain/Black Knight film are to be believed...
(...and from the wishlist, let's have Wonder Man, She-Hulk and Tigra some time soon please)

We don't need to hold on to old team members on the core team, they can have their own story on Disney+ and still show up to fight alongside a new team when needed. That leaves more room on the big screen to tell new characters' stories.

I think Wanda creates the New Vision using a fragment of her own soul (hence "WandaVision"), but in the end she will have to re-absorb it.
The show surely sees the return of Vision some way or the other. Really glad IW and EG wasn’t the end for him. We haven’t seen enough of him since his AoU debut.

The show surely sees the return of Vision some way or the other. Really glad IW and EG wasn’t the end for him. We haven’t seen enough of him since his AoU debut.

I hope his return has some connection to Jim Hammond / The Original Human Torch ..... maybe a transferring of Vision's consciousness to the Torch's old body and a reference to the costume we saw in CA:The First Avenger.

Gonna go ahead and resurrect this thread in light of the SDCC and D23 announcements.

Ant-Man
Black Knight
Black Panther
Black Widow (Yelena Belova)
Captain America (Sam Wilson)
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Hawkeye (Kate Bishop)
Ms. Marvel
Scarlet Witch
Shang-Chi
She-Hulk
Thor (Jane Foster)
Vision
Wasp

Last edited:
The Big 6:
Shang-Chi
Doctor Strange
Black Panther
Captain Marvel
Ant-Man
Blade

Other members:
Black Knight
Falcon
Jane Foster
Scarlet Witch
Hawkeye
Moon Knight
She-Hulk

Allies:
Eternals
Guardians of the Galaxy

1. Thor
2. Scarlet Witch
3. Wolverine
4. Deadpool
5. Black Knight
6. Sersi

My hope:
-Thor -Falcon -Ant-Man -Wasp -Black Panther -Strange -Capt Marvel -Scarlet Witch -Blade -Ms. Marvel

My expectation:
-Panther -Jane Foster -Sam Wilson -Yelena Belova -Shang Chi -Kate Bishop -Capt Marvel -She Hulk

Reactions: MbJ
War-Machine
Ant-Man
Wasp
Bucky
Falcon
Black Knight
She- Hulk
Dr. Strange
Wanda

War Machine
Falcon
Winter Soldier
Ant Man
Wasp
She Hulk
Shang Chi
Wanda
Black Panther

I know its not gonna happen now, but I would have loved seeing these avengers together

Captain Marvel
Black Panther
Doc Strange
Spiderman
Black Widow
Scarlett Witch
Vision
SheHulk
Spiderwoman
Wasp
Antman
& Falcon

basically SheHulk and Spiderwoman next to Carol, Wanda, Natasha and Hope.

It's going to be interesting to see how they juggle so many of these new characters. They not only have the new film characters, but the new Disney+ characters as well, which will supposedly be fully integrated into the films. Definitely looking more and more likely that they'll be moving towards multiple team up films/series to balance the growing cast.

A Young Avengers team is looking likely, consisting of Falcon and Winter Soldier (as the older mentors) Kate Bishop, Stature, She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, Yelena Belov and Monica Rambeau.

Last edited:
She Hulk should look old as Carol Danvers and Thor.

I don't want a teen She Hulk... especially if she's gonna be a lawyer.

She Hulk should look old as Carol Danvers and Thor.

I don't want a teen She Hulk... especially if she's gonna be a lawyer.

Perhaps it won't be a literal Young Avengers team, more of a new Avengers team, skewing a little younger but focusing on the legacy characters and the heroes from Disney+ Maybe if things with Spiderman are ironed out have him in there as well.

It's going to be interesting to see how they juggle so many of these new characters. They not only have the new film characters, but the new Disney+ characters as well, which will supposedly be fully integrated into the films. Definitely looking more and more likely that they'll be moving towards multiple team up films/series to balance the growing cast.

A Young Avengers team is looking likely, consisting of Falcon and Winter Soldier (as the older mentors) Kate Bishop, Stature, She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, Yelena Belov and Monica Rambeau.

I agree it's looking very plausible, but I highly doubt you'll see She-hulk or Monica Rambeau on it (and probably not Black Widow II, either).

Guessing who will be in Avenger5 makes my head scratch. Spider-Man, Captain America and Iron Man are likely done but they are introducing so many new faces that might appear in Avenger5 and we won't get the movie 3years after Endgame. So the potential list of candidates will just grow by every passing year and mcu movie. Time will tell, if they would retire, Hulk, Black Widow, Thor and Hawkeye before Avengers 5... but those four already have a legacy character that are about to be introduced which I'm not a fan of. Like I prefer to see new faces or the ones that are headlining films that aren't taking the mantle of an og Avengers. I'm making an exception to She Hulk and Spider-Woman. But I don't want to see Kate Bishop, a new Black Widow, Ironheart, Ms. Marvel, Falcon in Avengers 5/6/7. Jane Thor is cool but I don't want to see her as a replacement of the og Thor in Avenger movies. And I'm curious how long they would use Scarlet Witch, Vision (if resurrected) and War Machine. They simply can't feature everyone without writing out certain characters.

I want to see in the next 2 to 3 Avengers:
Doctor Strange, Capt. Marvel, Ant-Man, Shang-Chi, Black Panther and Black Knight or Blade (main faces, the next big six)
Moon Knight, She Hulk, Wasp and Black Knight or Blade (similar to the importance of Wanda/Vision in A2/3)

Then I'll keep Guardians, X-Men, the Eternals and the Fantastic Four as allies appearing in the Avengers movies but I would wait maybe until Avengers 7 before Sersi, Mr. Fantastic, Beast, the Wolverine join the Avengers as an Avenger.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"