New Batman And Spawn Comic Book Series!!!

That article said that this new book would be the second time that Batman and Spawn have met. What about these two books?
SpawnvsBatman.jpg
BatmanSpawnWarDevil.jpg

From what I've heard not many people like the Moench/Janson one, I had no idea there was another with Miller and Mcfarlane.

Even more people disliked the Miller/McFarlane one than the Moench/Janson one. Some of Miller's worst writing.

ToddIsDead said:
Even more people disliked the Miller/McFarlane one than the Moench/Janson one. Some of Miller's worst writing.

And that's saying something.

hippie_hunter said:
Not excited :o

Same. By the way man...I do not know if you have seen or noticed but there is some guy (not a lot of posts but) that goes by hunter_hippie...I was like "wtf?". At first mistook for you but then saw his post number was too low to be.

Never liked Spawn, always felt that it was one of the biggest bad ideas the comicbook industry had in the 90s. Like the crown jewel of flashy art but with so horrible scripts that it made you impotent by just hearing about it(which is scary since I was a kid when Spawn was the hottest thing ). I will not buy this book.

I hope Rob "manboob" Liefeld does a Batman/Youngblood next. 48 pages of Batman and dude who looks like "What if George Perez designed a costume when he was drunk and high?" with manboobs, fighting, and no backgrounds.

what is this, 1995? is there anyone out there who still even cares about spawn, let alone likes the character/series?

Didn't much care for the Miller/McFarlane book. The art was fine, but Miller's writing was crap, he made Batman sound like a common thug. That was the book that made me think maybe Miller was overrated.

Spawn is still an underground favorite, I think.

But, these team ups.....they're outdated. Why even do it? Why??

Spawn and the Savage Dragon are the only two IMAGE heroes still being published, Spawn was alright in the beginning but now I have no idea where the comics direction is going.

Oh yeah and Klaus Janson's art sucks.

The Joker said:
what is this, 1995? is there anyone out there who still even cares about spawn, let alone likes the character/series?

Spawn TAS > You. :o

I like both characters seperately, but together they don't work. I really hate these kinds of crossovers. Batman has his universe, Spawn has his. Leave them alone.

ChrisBaleBatman said:
Spawn is still an underground favorite, I think.

But, these team ups.....they're outdated. Why even do it? Why??

I don't think you can call Spawn "underground" in any way, the character was pimped so much in the 90s with a film, cartoons,videogames,toys etc that its about as commercial as a 90-minute Snickers commercial. Stuff like "Queen and Country" etc published by Oni Press is more likely a underground favorite.

MaskedManJRK said:
Spawn TAS > You. :o

DAMN RIGHT MA FRIEND!

Oh, and Spawn is and has always been an ill character. He is also (correct me if I'm wrong) the only black superhero w/ his very own, well known comic. I love the damn premise of a man who's life literally goes to bad place in one instant, then is sent back to do the devil's bidding, but has a different agenda. I also think that, as far as tragedies go, Spawn is pretty high on the tragemeter. I mean, he dies, leaving his wife and best friend behind, then returns to find that not only are they together, but have a kid? Awesomely storytelling.

Ibn said:
[...]Spawn is and has always been an ill character.[...]

I'm sorry to hear that. I do hope he gets better.

I love spawn he's very bad ash and i love batman he's also bad ash. Spawn is pretty much punisher and batman put together but only with a supernatural theme to it. I can understand most of you guys don't like spawn but you know there's always the millions of loyal fans that enjoys spawn i'll be the first in line to get that novel of the new batman/spawn crossover who know's maybe it will be better than war-devils but i really enjoy war-devils it kicked mayor ash but that's my opinion.

saint sinner x said:
I can understand most of you guys don't like spawn but you know there's always the millions of loyal fans that enjoys spawn i'll be the first in line to get that novel of the new batman/spawn crossover who know's maybe it will be better than war-devils but i really enjoy war-devils it kicked mayor ash but that's my opinion.

yet Spawns own comicbook only sells around 24-25 thousand copies per issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"