• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Comics New Excalibur Question

i don't think i'm going to read this book anymore I just don't have the money for 4 books a month.

Good to see Excalibur back I had nearly all the old series (even managed to get number 1 signed by Alan Davis) just hope they stick around this time

Chamber_UK said:
The more i think of it, more i wish this wasn't such a 'jokey' title. Wish Excalibur would become a European Union superhero team a bit like the XSE in Xtreme X-Men.

Why whats wrong with the team as it is now??

So Brian decides to stay on Earth to be worthy of his throne on Otherworld. Yet if he returned he could use his power and authority to search for Meggan. What gives? Is he now boning for Courtney again?

OKAY Its really starting to piss me off!! The Excablibur creative team should realise that in the UK, we don't use guns!!!!!

So far i've seen sage and the MI-13 agent walking around with guns. That doesn't happen in the UK!!!

The only time a law enforcement officer can use a firearm is if they have requested and recieved approval for it on a specific mission or raid, afterwards they give them back. They don't just go walking around with a gun on them on their way home, not even MI agents.

Red Mask said:
So Brian decides to stay on Earth to be worthy of his throne on Otherworld. Yet if he returned he could use his power and authority to search for Meggan. What gives? Is he now boning for Courtney again?
He can't actually return to Otherworld.

People do use guns in the UK, even if your law enforcement doesn't. Sage isn't actually with the UK law enforcement or any type of UK government. Furthermore, Pete Wisdom (the MI-13 agent) has always carried a gun around, and the notion of a 'secret agent' walking around with it is not some foreign concept, because let's face it, Pete would have some kind of gun license so he can have one around. He's not exactly every guy's best friend.

Maybe in the Marvel world, but not in the real world

Obviously there is no such thing as MI-13 in the UK, but MI-5 and MI-6 agents are not allowed 'personal' fire arms when not on active mission duty, meaning they don't take them home with them. Its was a big topic here in the uk on the bbc.

Chamber_UK said:

Obviously there is no such thing as MI-13 in the UK, but MI-5 and MI-6 agents are not allowed 'personal' fire arms when not on active mission duty, meaning they don't take them home with them. Its was a big topic here in the uk on the bbc.
Well it is obvious that they are allowed too in the Marvel world. I'm not all that familiar with MI-5 and MI-6 policy, so I'll defer to you on that, but if we can accept the existence of 'MI-13', I don't see a real problem with Wisdom carrying a gun around.

fair enough.

its just little things like that and red double decker buses, pictures of the beatles, as well as barristers with wigs that make this book stereotype london soo much. What about showing some London punks and Buckingham palace that actually looks like buchingham palace.

Chamber_UK said:

You've got a new problem with gun control?

Annyywayyy....

Wonder where they are going to set up? Are they going to be a government sanctioned and funded team because Wisdom is putting them together and he is now back on the books at MI-13? The lighthouse has been trashed for years and I have no idea whats happened to Muir island since Moira died (though wasnt Sean there for a time which is where we found him in Deadly Genesis?). Will they operate out of London? Will they actually train and become a team? I mean, Cain for all his good intentions isnt exactly batting a thousand is he? He's causing more property damage than he is doing good and keeps getting slammed cos he goes charging in.

Doesnt look like it so far - and with him not being the unstoppable Juggernaut who can breath underwater, doens tneed to eat or sleep and can survive in a vacuum - that just makes him a Captain Britain who cant fly. Cos Brian is in the upper levels of superstrong and durability too.

I've been trying to find out which comic book this is from but no one seems to know. I figured since Juggernaut is a member of New Excalibur I could ask this question here. Can anyone please tell me which comic book this scan came from?

NCSTJ1.jpg

The Englishman said:
Theres not enough English people in this Team!!!!

THE REAL EXCALIBUR CANDIDATES....should all be either from the UK, EU, or the British Commonwealth at least, there are enough to choose from...

ENGLAND
170px-Flag_of_England.svg.png

Pete Widsom
Captain Britain
Jamie Braddock
Psylocke
Pete Wisdom
Meggan
Toad
Micromax
Alchemy
Magma ???(Nova Roma or British...were not quite sure)
Chamber :(

SCOTLAND
150px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png

Wolfsbane
Kylun

WALES
140px-Flag_of_Wales_2.svg.png

Pixie

EU
300px-European_flag.svg.png

Empath - Spanish
M - French/Monacon/Yugoslavian/Algerian
Mr. M - Belgian
Mystique - Mystique
Nightcrawler - German
Nocturne - American/German/Latvian
Magik (Amanda Sefton) - German
Siryn - Irish

COMMONWEALTH
250px-Flag_of_the_Commonwealth_of_Nations.svg.png

Aurora - Canadian
Northstar - Canadian
Persuasian - Canadian
Wolverine - Canadian
Diamond Lil - Canadian
Thunderbird III - Indian
Indra - Indian
Black Box - Indian
Gateway - Australain
Lifegaurd - Australian
Bishop - Australian
Storm - Kenyan/American

Mystique is actually from Austria. Ororo is American. Good job... you forgot about El Aguila who was spanish, but he's depowered now anyway

Whoops yeah i wasn't sure if Mystique was Austrian or German, just double checked and yeah she's Austrian.

ororo is from kenya but she has become very westernised.

ghost113 said:
ororo is from kenya but she has become very westernised.

No she isn't. She's from America. She just moved there when she was young.

Her mother was afraican, her father was american - she was born in america so carries citizenship there and has an US passport, but she is dual nationality by blood. If both her parents were Kenyan but they had taken her to the US to be born while they worked there or something, then that would give her a dual passport as well.

EU and Commonwealth citizens I would say should be a no to Excalibur if constructing it on the basis of UK members as it is lead by and founded on the basis of a hero and mythos who derives the strength of his powers (in the old days) from his proximity to the British isles. Captain Britain is a hero of the realm and as such the team should be comprised of UK heroes. It'd be nice if it were a citizen based team, like Alpha Flight - but I never had a problem with the multi national roster of the first line up. I wouldnt want a 'Premier EU Superteam' just cos everyone lumps us in the UK with the rest of Europe.

Brian, Pete, Meggan, Micromax, Chamber, Siryn and Wolfsbane would be a good line up. But the current one is just fine with me - it should be a team who has to work to form a cohesive unit. Not one of old friends who get along like a house on fire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"