New Featurette: "Like a Tank"

Pretty cool footage, though some of the dialogue and line deliveries were pretty cheese. I'd say this was probably my least favourite feature/trailer/TV spot of them all.

My favorite part is that the director thinks that Frank Castle was a peaceful man before his family was executed in front of him. wait a minute.....

Born004-17-1.jpg

Is this featurette online at another site yet?

I don't see him being a G-man detracting from anything in the 2004 film.

Yeah, there was plenty of other issues with Frank in that film. The FBI crap was just another paper piled on the stack. This looks like the better Punisher film from everything I have seen at this point. No fire hydrants, annoying neighbors, Mob accountants, or sub-tropical Tampa scenery in sight.

Just watched it again. I love everything in it except the last line "Burn in hell". That line is just so cheesy.

I love the part where Frank beats up Budiansky and says "Stay out of my way". Classic Frank move!

Can't wait for the movie to hit!

Yeah, "burn in hell" isn't the best writing out there. Also, doesn't he say "I'll see you in hell" at some point too? Come on big Pun, you can be more varied than that! Unless there's a secret Ghost Rider cameo I don't know about...

at least he didn't say "Freeze in Hell, Batman!!"

^ ^ haha,I hope he didn't.

I had mixed feelings about this movie at first but now I am Really ****ing excited.

Good God I just noticed something!! This is one of my favorite Punisher stories of all time. I have the hardcover...and I just noticed the billowing smoke creating the skull in the background! :wow:

Good clip - I've stayed away from this movie - not really enthusiastic about the character to be honest - although I have bought a number of comics over the years.

From the outside looking in a little - the one thing that strikes me straight away is the faded skull - I understand the practical reason for this but from the POV of a comic reader and somewhat of the general public on this one - its the one thing that makes the character truly recognizable and its missing.

This could be any other mob hit on my family and I take revenge movie - maybe thats what the director is going for - maybe its safer.

Good clip - I've stayed away from this movie - not really enthusiastic about the character to be honest - although I have bought a number of comics over the years.

From the outside looking in a little - the one thing that strikes me straight away is the faded skull - I understand the practical reason for this but from the POV of a comic reader and somewhat of the general public on this one - its the one thing that makes the character truly recognizable and its missing.

This could be any other mob hit on my family and I take revenge movie - maybe thats what the director is going for - maybe its safer.

Well I don't think that'll be the case in the actual film because he's not actually going after the people who murdered his family this time around; just crime bosses and criminals in general. The only real "revenge" element to it this time is Jigsaw getting revenge for his facial disfigurement.

As for the skull, it does look faded in the movie but not as faded as we originally thought. It's really grown on me since the first pic was released and I now think the skull and outfit rocks.

As far as the general public goes, you'll probably notice that in all the posters/promo for the movie they've bumped the skull's visibility a bit and it's more white to make sure the general audiences recognize the character.

The visuals of this movie look fantastic, especially for having such a low budget. Neon and all.

The visuals of this movie look fantastic, especially for having such a low budget. Neon and all.

Well, it is based in New York City, and that is part of the decor.

I hear alot of complaints about the abundance of colors, but after all the comic films that are done in a desaturated color pallete, including the previous Punisher films, I think it makes this one stand out more.

If it's a big deal to have the colors so vibrant you could always desaturate it on your TV or PC after it's on DVD. Might be a cool b&w movie, or even just a slight desaturation.

Actually after seeing that Jigsaw clip...count me in. This looks pretty good. I was skeptical at first, but Stevenson as The Punisher is growing on me. The 04 Punisher movie was alright, but it wasn't brutal enough. I think this is the Punisher fans are waiting for.

I saw some people shooting here, and some explosions there. This looks like a nice movie for action junkies.

Yeah... But I don't think he acted that way in front of his wife and kids dude.
I agree with you Brendan.When he was with his family,he was peaceful.And when they was taken from him.....well you guys know the rest:word: Btw I love the Evil Dead pic,Brendan:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"