The Punisher Pushed Back - December 5th

^Yep. I just got back from seeing this. Pretty awesome.:woot:

My parents said the trailer was attached to That new Sam Jackson movie.

Wow, this thread came out of a long coma. But it's actually a nice idea to bring it back, since I didn't know when Punisher was supposed to originally come out.

Personally, I don't think that this lineup of movies is really much competition, but Righteous Kill's plot, at the surface, might draw a bit too many similarities to Punisher War Zone.

PWZ's December release date is probably one of the best things it has going for it. It's up against NOTHING.
In hindsight it was a great move to push it back...

Burn After Reading Coen Bros + Clooney & Pitt who are big box office draws
The Family That Preys Tyler Perry's movies always do well despite bad reviews
Righteous Kill It doesn't look that good but it's still two of greatest actors ever to grace the silver screen. People will go and see it regardless.
The Women No great reviews but this boasts an impressive all female cast. Guaranteed to draw women.
I don't know, like I've this attempt at counter programming could hurt it. I say they might as well hold off another month and release it in January.

Still won't make a big difference since we'll have to wait until March to see it.:o

IMDb has the Australian release date as February 19th 2009. But I can't find anyting on any other site to confirm this. Fellow Australians, does anyone know anything?

It's a little less than one month before PWZ will be released. Have they been airing any commercials on tv yet?:huh:
IMDb has the Australian release date as February 19th 2009. But I can't find anyting on any other site to confirm this. Fellow Australians, does anyone know anything?
The date has now been pushed back to Feb 26 according to imdb.

It's a little less than one month before PWZ will be released. Have they been airing any commercials on tv yet?:huh:

The date has now been pushed back to Feb 26 according to imdb.

Nope, to me it seems like they are trying the SAW marketing tactic, start doing TV spots a few weeks before the film comes out.

Nope, to me it seems like they are trying the SAW marketing tactic, start doing TV spots a few weeks before the film comes out.

Nothing yet?Seems a little odd to wait this long if you're trying to sell a reboot. Hopefully this strategy will pay off.:o

Well, SAW has become a brand name, so they don't need to really sell it. They only had one trailer for it and bunch of TV spots a couple of weeks before it came out.

LGF seem to be a bunch of idiots most of the time though, they released the 2004 film against Kill Bill Vol. 2 and they then dumped Midnight Meat Train in $1 theaters and then for free online/on demand.

I'm willing to guess that the 2 trailers (not including the red band music video) is all we are going to get on that front and then maybe in two weeks there might be some TV spots, maybe a week.

I haven't even seen any posters yet. Most people I talk to don't even know this movie is coming out.

LGF is really horrible at marketing their films.

I haven't seen anything yet. I've been thinking that if this is coming to theaters, they better start pushing it now. Wondering if they won't pull a Midnight Meat Train on this as well.

I did see a trailer with Max Payne, but it was a terrible trailer, and Max Payne was a terrible movie.

I haven't seen anything yet. I've been thinking that if this is coming to theaters, they better start pushing it now. Wondering if they won't pull a Midnight Meat Train on this as well.

I don't think they'll go that far, the movie will be in theaters on Dec. 5th.

Lgf seems to be doing this now with all of there movies.

Last edited:
overall it looks okay. frank hittin jigsaw with a headbutt is totally awesome.

looks like once again they're focusing on the action for these spots, which makes sense.

overall it looks okay. frank hittin jigsaw with a headbutt is totally awesome.

looks like once again they're focusing on the action for these spots, which makes sense.
I agree that do make sense for them to focus on the action for the TV spots.And yes the headbutt was badass:yay::grin::woot:

Last edited:
Wicked TV spot. I love how Stevenson looks as Castle.

That TV spot was the bomb. I'm diggin the Marvel Knights Logo. Anybody else thinkin if they do a DareDevil Reboot, it will have the Marvel Knights Logo?

Also, who is the announcer in that TV spot? I've heard him many times. I know he was the one who did the TIH spots this past summer.

Can't wait for this movie.

I love the TV spot too!!And I agree with you BD Ray looks great as Frank in the TV spot:)

Ray Stevenson will own this role.

And I'd like to say that I did like Thomas Jane. Anybody know that Thomas Jane was in Face/Off. I just watched it and realized it was him. You really can't tell it's him unless you're lookin for him.

Ray Stevenson will own this role.

And I'd like to say that I did like Thomas Jane. Anybody know that Thomas Jane was in Face/Off. I just watched it and realized it was him. You really can't tell it's him unless you're lookin for him.
I have the same feeling that Ray will own this role too:)Yep.Jane was in Face/OFF,he was also in The Crow 2:City of Angels!!.He played one of the bad guys,his character was the one jacking it in the sex Booth. I didn't know it was him until I looked it up.

Good tv spot it was better then the other 2 teaser trailers.While I though jane made a pretty good punisher its becoming more clear that ray will blow jane out of the water with his role as the punisher same could be likely said with this new movie compared to the last 2 punisher movies.

Good tv spot it was better then the other 2 teaser trailers.While I though jane made a pretty good punisher its becoming more clear that ray will blow jane out of the water with his role as the punisher same could be likely said with this new movie compared to the last 2 punisher movies.
Yep.It looks like Ray will kick ass and people will call him Ray The Punisher Stevenson:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"