New He-man Movie!!

Has anyone mentioned Josh Holloway as He-Man?
The man's got the looks and the voice.
He needs to seriously bulk up for the part.

Gee...I didn't know I was THAT unwanted. *Running away curled up in fetal position crying* But hey...it is fun to speculate. THis is now a "What If?" Kinda board. It's not like...who SHOULD be cast...its like who in your view would you want to be cast. We all know its in development hell. But this is an MOTU thread...and these What Ifs are fun to talk about. So if ya don't like it...leave it. *Sticks out tongue*

You are entitled to post what you wish as you wish.

Nude Teela pics eh???? *Raises eyebrows* Does that mean you have them??? LOL...I'm kiddin.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=20045

He-Man Ditched By Fox 2000
No plans for Greyskull right now
Source: Moviehole Bad news for He-fans.

Fox 2000 has shoved He-Man’s magic sword back into Mattel’s armoury closet for now.

While the film had been set up with the studio - and John Woo had been flirting with making a new live-action film for them – nothing really developed and Fox has now handed the rights back.

"This was a project set up at Fox," says producer Rodney Ferrell, "but in the recent months we gave the project back to Mattel and are no longer involved." It’s probably for the best. Everyone remembers the awful 1987 film that starred Dolph Lundgren and Frank Langella. Except possibly Langella, who we hear had the experience of making and seeing the movie surgically removed from his brain.

Dang.
This movie could've been cool/epic.

Never thought I'd see this thread again.

If there won't be a new He-Man film, IMDB needs to cut this alleged new He-Man film from its webpage, as they list a He-Man film for 2008.

as big a masters of universe fan i am, if there had been a new movie it would have surprised the hell out of me

Well there is some update on the movie. If you have been to Comic Con or seen it on G4 this past weekend, Joel Silver has confirmed that they are in the process of bringing the character to life.

Not a big loss.

The new series is finally coming out on DVD, good enough.

he man would be good but theres no one to play him . that would rock though

The movie is back on track...

Rumor has it the studio wants Brad Pitt... after seeing TROY, I think he'd be perfect!

HE-MAN.jpg

With Angelina as Evil-Lyn! Actually that might not be bad. Jen Aniston as Teela :woot:

The movie is back on track...

Rumor has it the studio wants Brad Pitt... after seeing TROY, I think he'd be perfect!

HE-MAN.jpg
That rumor is about 6 months old and proven false. So yeah this movie isn't happening.

I am so not digging the idea of Brad Pitt as He-Man. Nothing personal against the guy but he's not what I picture He-Man as being.

That rumor is about 6 months old and proven false. So yeah this movie isn't happening.

Just a couple of weeks back VARIETY reported that Justin Marks was working on adapting He-Man for Joel Silver and WB. He's also writing Voltron and a new Street Fighter.

So yes, the movie is happening. Whether Brad will be involved is unknown. It's too early. My instinct says they will try to find someone younger. Maybe Chris Carmack?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"