New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, looks like the other TMNT thread got deleted? C&D from the studio?

I saw these two images posted on twitter, which some artist did of Michelangelo and Raphael based on the new movie designs. I think these look cool.

BfSBwoECYAA3PgE.jpg

BfR_kNQCQAAWMyJ.jpg

I think he over exaggerated Raphael a little bit. Good work though

I know it's probably not completely accurate,but that art makes me appreciate Raph's design alot more than I was.
Still not really feeling the conan like armor on his legs but we'll see how it turns out.

Last edited:
Seeing these maquettes and designs really make me happy that they chose to evolve these characters in their designs. Were the changes necessary? No, but I am very glad they were made.

agreed! when I initially saw them I was on the fence but as I thought about it I actually glad they went this route for some reason I love Ralph
being the "beastmode" of the group

agreed! when I initially saw them I was on the fence but as I thought about it I actually glad they went this route for some reason I love Ralph
being the "beastmode" of the group

He looks really intimidating in this. The design team for this deserve an applause

I like Raph the least. I have nothing against making him a bit more brutish, Out of the Shadows designed him perfectly, but this is just over the top.

The exaggerated shape is nothing new.
1348584240_turtles.jpg

Diversity in the characters is for some people. I think what's off putting is the personality in the head/face and the greco style attire. I think it goes with the weapons actually.

People are going to complain even if we got a page for page adaption of the source material exactly in live action.

"Why couldn't they be more original? "

It's a lose lose situation.:o

I like the idea of them having different physiques, but there's way too much of it going on here. Raph's deltoids look bigger than his head, for Pete's sake. I definitely don't want the turtles to ever go back to being identical with different skin shades and mask colors, but Raph needs to take a break from punching mountains in half for a few weeks.

I enjoy various different interpretations, designs, concepts, but I just don't like the majority of decisions made in this Movie. On the top of that list being Hulk Raph, and the personification of everything wrong with the xtreme 90's Shredder.

I enjoy various different interpretations, designs, concepts, but I just don't like the majority of decisions made in this Movie. On the top of that list being Hulk Raph, and the personification of everything wrong with the xtreme 90's Shredder.

I honestly think if this movie's Shredder design were for Super Shredder it would actually be really badass. I would really like to see a live action Shredder that is actually a little less spikey than the one in the first film. Something a little more focused on the samurai look than on the blades.

Shredder it's a little much IMO I think they over compensating for the changes they made to his origin ofcourse that is IMO cause I haven't read the leaked script

I hope that he comes off good in the movie it is so essential for the success of the movie a forgettable villian will ruin any movie

I like the idea of them having different physiques, but there's way too much of it going on here. Raph's deltoids look bigger than his head, for Pete's sake. I definitely don't want the turtles to ever go back to being identical with different skin shades and mask colors, but Raph needs to take a break from punching mountains in half for a few weeks.
maquette or the poster? the poster is bad photoshop IMO.

it will be fantastic to see Ralphael's design in the city with the bright sun.
a2QGHTw.jpg

8SeDros.jpg

rs9xd2c.jpg

Last edited:

The photos of him in the trench coat really make me annoyed with their size. I mean, they're supposed to be part turtle, part human, right? So where does the massive size come in? They started out being smaller than a typical human being in the comics, and in most other versions they've been somewhere between their short original size and the size of a typical human being. It makes sense because the mutation means parts of their body are heavily taken from their turtle side, parts are very human, and some parts are somewhere in between. But I don't get how a human being part turtle would make them actually grow taller.

Man Raph is huge. I love it. :D
All I can think of when I see that picture is the Thing from the Fantastic Four.

The photos of him in the trench coat really make me annoyed with their size. I mean, they're supposed to be part turtle, part human, right? So where does the massive size come in? They started out being smaller than a typical human being in the comics, and in most other versions they've been somewhere between their short original size and the size of a typical human being. It makes sense because the mutation means parts of their body are heavily taken from their turtle side, parts are very human, and some parts are somewhere in between. But I don't get how a human being part turtle would make them actually grow taller.

They're not part human, just human like turtles. And they're just taller than typically depicted, not even above human height.

They're not part human, just human like turtles. And they're just taller than typically depicted, not even above human height.

So you're telling me that it would be incorrect to describe the Hamato Yoshi version of Splinter as part rat? The mutation combines aspects of the existing organism with that of another. And Raph is gigantic. You could argue that there are humans as tall as him, but overall he's way, way larger than a typical human being, or even a typical bodybuilder.

totally forgot about those set photos he will tower over April I don't see how that can be a cover for them since they are massive well Ralph is

They're super heroes stuff like the mass and build doesn't bother me. Even if it is a departure from cartoons/comics.

totally forgot about those set photos he will tower over April I don't see how that can be a cover for them since they are massive well Ralph is
if you would see him outside on the street. would you think its a mutated turtle or a guy in a suit being crazy and on some drugs?

come on. :woot:

Since it's New York, they probably don't need any sort of cover in the first place. All 4 brothers could probably walk down the street together, and people would just assume there must be another comic convention in town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"