New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Movies look like cartoons now.

Fake animated city. Fake gorillas. Fake car chaces.

Meeehhhh

Yea, especially the ones based on cartoons with fake cars and fake gorillas...

Not sure what you are getting at but the stuff in TF and the Pirates movies looked alot more convincing to me than the jim hensen movies of the early 90's.

Last edited:
Based on everything I've seen so far, it looks like they're basing the reboot on the 80's cartoon.

:facepalm:

Why? We've been doing such a good job for the most part in the last 2 decades to try to move away from the silly lighthearted image of the TMNT that the cartoon gave birth to and move closer to the dark tone of the TMNT comics. This is a major step back IMO.

Why? We've been doing such a good job for the most part in the last 2 decades to try to move away from the silly lighthearted image of the TMNT that the cartoon gave birth to and move closer to the dark tone of the TMNT comics. This is a major step back IMO.

I agree completely, but more people probably remember the 80s cartoon above all else when it comes to the Ninja Turtles. Same with Transformers, people don't realize that there is excellent stories being told out there.

Take the camp out of the cartoon and it becomes something else entirely. It's not what was in the cartoon that needs to be avoided, it's how it was packaged. All I've seen so far are bits of the what. I have yet to really see any of the "how" from the toon to raise any alarms. A bit of comedy out of context is all we have seen, with Ralph trying to get into the car.

On a side note, the only thing I absolutely love from the cartoon (in regard to tone) was the aesthetic of the opening credits. It seems like such a night-and-day when compared to the tone of the actual show. Subtle, but still a noticeable contrast.

I really hope for the marketing for this movie they bring back that TMNT Cereal lol
images

Those pies were good as hell.

Movies look like cartoons now.

Fake animated city. Fake gorillas. Fake car chaces.

Meeehhhh

so what the turtles are CGI. I for sure didn't want any cheesy looking puppets.

Say what you say about Michael Bay, but when it comes to quality CGI he has i covered

Wow...I remember those pies! They were great!

^ talk about a rude and inconsiderate first question(pertaining to one of the few individuals making this happen). But alas, this what the new age of bloggers and jeremy jahns like youtube "reviewers" have wrought with their hit bait bile. A community of group think.

Nice video, the film is either going to be awesome(like many have said) or it's going to suck and these company men are just lying. Both options are possible.

I for one remain optimistic.

Whoopi Goldberg has been cast as Bernadette Thompson, the head of Channel 6. Another example of meh casting if you ask me. And what is the big deal now with changing genders of characters? Burne Thompson is perfectly fine as is.

Are you serious? How does that even....wha?

Whoopi Goldberg has been cast as Bernadette Thompson, the head of Channel 6. Another example of meh casting if you ask me. And what is the big deal now with changing genders of characters? Burne Thompson is perfectly fine as is.

It's not like Bern Thompson is an iconic character beloved by millions, so who cares. But Whoopi Goldberg? Crazy.

Still can't help but think Eastman is getting wheelbarrows full of money to make quotes like this:
He’s been nothing but amazingly respectful, and Jonathan Liebesman’s been the director… I’ve seen the script. I’ve seen the design of the characters. It’s fantastic. The story has all the right turtleisms. They’re in the sewers. I’m very excited to see the movie.

Gosh. I have such low hopes for this film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"