New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ, what's with the hair?

whoopi-tmnt.jpg

:wow:

Obviously this is after some sort of incident. Possibly some sort of big catharsis moment for the audience considering how much of an antagonistic presence this character is to our hero(s).

But that would be too obvious.
With the reputation this films producers have, I'm sure the first assumption would be that this is simply the character design of a news editor in this film:o

I personally think it's an intriguing casting. Goldberg has a nack for playing that authoritative scathing voice. She does it so effortlessly now on shows like Glee and other things.

....I'm just hope the first trailer doesn't take too long to get here, for the sake of fan speculation alone.

The casting for this Movie is just all over the place.

There seems to be quite a bit of reverence to the 80's cartoon, with Fenwick, Irma (probably), and now a version of Burne Thompson. Whoopi Goldberg embodies that late 80's/early 90's period, so I feel like this casting fits well.

So if they're using the original cartoon as the primary source material, I'm really hoping Fichtner is playing Krang, and not Shredder. Or he'd make an even better Rat King.

They might be saving the shredder for the sequel(ala joker).
With all this alien talk, it's a possibility. Fichtner would make a great Krang.

if they do Krang, will he be the robot or the actual voice for Krang?

I could see him being an apparently human villain at first (to give Fichtner something to do as himself for a while), ordering henchmen around and such, then he turns out to be Krang inside a cyborg body. That could be a cool reveal.

I've really grown to dislike Whoopi, and that hair ain't helping. The only thing that seems to calm me down is thinking about the fighting scenes. Just watched some clips from The Raid: Redemption. I'm really hoping Jonathan Eusebio delivers on what we're being promised in terms of the action.

I love Whoopi, but this honestly just feels like they're trying to capitalize on the race change of Perry White from Man of Steel, but going further with a gender change too similar to the now debunked feminized Jimmy Olsen.

And what is with that hair? :o

Never liked Whoopi and like her even less now. She's the least of this film's worries though.

I cannot wait for a trailer to this movie. I still think it's going to have a Transformers like tone but I want to see my suspicious confirmed.

I love Whoopi, but this honestly just feels like they're trying to capitalize on the race change of Perry White from Man of Steel, but going further with a gender change too similar to the now debunked feminized Jimmy Olsen.

And what is with that hair? :o

um, gender/race changing has been around alot longer than MoS. I doubt they are "trying to capitalize" on this element considering it's not really all that big a deal over in the superman GA discussions.

Maybe they are just "capitalizing" on that Nick Fury, that seems to be a huge talking point over at the marvel camp:o
(Heimdall too, everyone's talking).

Never liked Whoopi and like her even less now. She's the least of this film's worries though.

I cannot wait for a trailer to this movie. I still think it's going to have a Transformers like tone but I want to see my suspicious confirmed.

You would.:whatever:

um, gender/race changing has been around alot longer than MoS. I doubt they are "trying to capitalize" on this element considering it's not really all that big a deal over in the superman GA discussions.

Maybe they are just "capitalizing" on that Nick Fury, that seems to be a huge talking point over at the marvel camp:o
(Heimdall too, everyone's talking).
Not really. The Nick Fury thing is old news, and honestly had very little of a case considering Fury had been black in a comic-verse for a decade prior to Jackson being cast.

Fishbourne as Perry White and what's her name as Jenny Olsen are a more current shift from iconic supporting characters as they were both clearly white men in all of their appearances.

Whoopi in this just seems a little bit like a combination of the two mentioned, even though its for such a minor character.
I'd put it in the same boat that Fox was cast simply because she was in Transformers, another movie based on an 80's cartoon as well as connection to Bay.

Is it me or couldn't Whoopi Goldberg also probably do a pretty accurate Krang voice. I mean, she warps her own a bit and it'd be spot-on. Maybe she'll do dual roles ala John Rhys-Davies (Gimli/Treebeard voice)

If there's one thing that really has me cautiously optimistic for this film, it's that it's being written by the same guy who wrote the script for Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, Alias and a bunch of other great television shows.

Fitchner as The Rat King would be ****ing Amazing

He'll even Stockman :o

You would.:whatever:
Eh, I've grown out of this franchise but I find this project mildly intriguing because TMNT was such a huge part of my childhood, so much so that I watched the 2003 series. I'm not on these boards a lot for that reason. I'll leave the obsessive posting on the series to people who are still hardcore fans.

You seem to dig the Transformers series so I don't see why my guessing that the film is going to be like them offends you at all. And I'm only being a tad coy.

Last edited:
I've been watching the 2003 TMNT series on You Tube over the past couple of weeks. I just finished watching Season 3. It occurs to me that if Michael Bay wants to have an Anglicized villain in his movie, instead of turning The Shredder into a crusty old white guy named General Shrader, why not just use the character Bishop from the 2003 series? He was a badass fighter, ruthless, and totally off his nut. Exactly what Bay wants General Shrader to be. Then they can introduce Oroku Saki/The Shredder as the villain in the sequel.

Just a thought.

Last edited:
So according to the crew page for this movie on IMDb, there is a stunt double for Minae Noji, who has yet to be announced as part of the cast. The fact that she has a stunt double leads me to believe her character does some fighting.

kelly-lee-courtesty-of-soapnet.jpg

Karai perhaps? That's assuming Shredder is involved and of Japanese descent.

we're not even sure they can get shredder/schrader right and you're hoping for Karai

i do admire your optimism

Karai is the first thing that pops to mind. Off the top of my head I can't think of any other female ass kickers in the franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"