New Outsiders

I was actually talking to WompuM as I actually assumed you were already reading Checkmate due to love of Suicide Squad - but fair enough. No point buying something you aren't enjoying.
Ah, my bad. It's not that I don't enjoy it. I don't think it's bad and it's well written, it just doesn't get me reading.

Yeah, as little as I care about the characters in Outsiders, I care even less about the characters in checkmate. Plus, I need to figure out a few titles to drop anyway, Damn countdown

The characters interest me, but the character that interests me the most, Count Vertigo rarely if ever gets any play in the book.

I can understand people not liking the political heavy stories and the momentum/flow of the book but the characters are fantastic. I'd like King Faraday to be in it more. But Rucka is obviously spending time introducing his new characters before catching up on old ones.

I understand Harl, I was the same with Daredevil. I thought the book was good - I couldn't put it down but I just didn't care enough about what I was reading. So I just stopped getting it.

You guys are cracked. Checkmate's the best non-Vertigo series DC's putting out right now. True, it would be better if Alan were still involved, but come on, it's still got Mr. Terrific, Sasha, the Wall, and the surprisingly interesting Tommy Jagger.

The surprisingly kickass Tommy Jagger.

I just realised I forgot to buy Outsiders since my comic shop decided not to put it in my pull list for the crossover. I didn't even think about it till just now. :(

Crappy Outsiders making me miss Checkmate.

I dropped Checkmate after 5 issues or so. It isn't bad or anything, but I'm simply not a big fan of that talky political espionage stuff. It's as simple as that, really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"