• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Batman & The Outsiders (2007)

Batman

Dramatic Example
Reaction score
Currently, this is one of my favorite books on DC's slate. So I was a little surprised when I didn't see a thread for it here. Hence my decision to make one. (Aswell as CaptainStacy's suggestion.)

Personally? I didn't think I'd like it. The Outsiders were cool when Nightwing lead them, so I was a little disappointed to see him stripped of leadership duties. But the book has turned out fantastically, beyond my expectations. Love Rodriguez's art. And Dixon's stellar as always... he's still one of my favorite Batman writers of all time. The book's roster has really shifted up in quality ever since the inclusion of Green Arrow on the team, aswell.

I like the book aswell. As long as they keep it more "grounded" then the JLA stories. I only wish we got a more classic looking book.

Yeah, same with me; i really dont know why i picked this up, but im real glad i DID.

Do you guys think the membership should constantly revolve? I was a little disappointed when J'onn and Catwoman left, but i think Rex covers the raw power department quite well, and while Batgirl isnt quite the burglar Selina is, i'd still rather have her at my side in a fight...

I'd like a few core members;

Batman
Batgirl
Metamorpho
Katana

And then bring in two or three different characters in each arc as the mission dictates....

They could bring catwoman in every now and then, but she'll prolly stick around. Since her own series is getting cancelled. Wouldn't mind it either way, but would like to see either Nightwing or Robin in this book from time to time.

I think Nightwing's slated to make an appearance next issue, actually.

I'm just starting to get into this. I picked up the Five of a Kind (or whatever it's called) trade. Though that was pretty disappointing, I hear the actual book is much better.

Five of a Kind was thoroughly unnecessary, and was basically rendered moot by editorial mandate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"