New Release Date

Thanks for the info!

I don't really care what else is opening, I just want to make sure that they have enough time to make the movie.

As far as we know they haven't even started filming, and there seems to be some question as to whether they even have a script, so June sounds way too soon to me.

I'd much rather they moved it back to Fall.

Well if they didn't think it was going to be ready I don't think they would move it up. I see this only as good news I also think this means that filming will start in June of this year. You cant start filming in August and have everything done by June 15 this isn't War of the Worlds and that seemed rushed. So I see this as good news.:up:

Don't estimate FOX's quick'n cheap approach to filmmaking.

Once again...a film with no vision. ****, that's hardly a year from now and they haven't even chosen a script.

Sardaukar said:
Don't estimate FOX's quick'n cheap approach to filmmaking.

Once again...a film with no vision. ****, that's hardly a year from now and they haven't even chosen a script.

I understand you not trusting Fox...BUT

*Judging a film at this point is ridiculously stupid...
*We don't know if they've chosen a script or not....Variety says they have 2.....Avi last week since the Variety article says they have chosen a script...

Willie Lumpkin said:
I don't really care what else is opening, I just want to make sure that they have enough time to make the movie.

I'm with Willie. I don't care when FF2 comes out as long as it shows considerable improvement over FF1.
And the fact that they moved it up and not back is surprising. There may be a lot we're just not privvy to as far as what may have already been accomplished in pre-production. They're not having to invent the wheel this time for all the individual effects.

As for this recurring carping about Fox not being able to turn out a good action movie, I just don't get it. X2 was pretty good in my opinion, and X-3 looks more and more like it's gonna kick major ass. Fox has produced plenty of solid action flicks. (I just don't think FF1 was one of 'em.)

Like our resident optimist Willie, I prefer to see the glass as half-full. :)

Malus said:
I'm with Willie. I don't care when FF2 comes out as long as it shows considerable improvement over FF1.
And the fact that they moved it up and not back is surprising. There may be a lot we're just not privvy to as far as what may have already been accomplished in pre-production. They're not having to invent the wheel this time for all the individual effects.

As for this recurring carping about Fox not being able to turn out a good action movie, I just don't get it. X2 was pretty good in my opinion, and X-3 looks more and more like it's gonna kick major ass. Fox has produced plenty of solid action flicks. (I just don't think FF1 just was one of 'em.)

Like our resident optimist Willie, I prefer to see the glass as half-full. :)

Agreed....

Time to start the one year count down soon.:up:

I guess I better change my sig.:o

Willie Lumpkin said:
Time to start the one year count down soon.:up:

I guess I better change my sig.:o

Could ya maybe dress up the sig alittle bit...size, color, font....something? please....I love your sig....:O

JMAfan said:
I understand you not trusting Fox...BUT

*Judging a film at this point is ridiculously stupid...

Sorry, not if it's controlled by Rothman and directed by Story. I have given FOX the benefit of the doubt too many frickin' times. To loosely quote The Who: I WON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN!!!!

*We don't know if they've chosen a script or not....Variety says they have 2.....Avi last week since the Variety article says they have chosen a script...

Even if it's true, look at Spider-Man 3...that thing started ages ago and it's coming out the same time as FF. Generally speaking, more time=better filmmaking.

I'll say it again

The sooner the better, you think i like waiting for FF2, this is great news to me!

Sardaukar said:
Sorry, not if it's controlled by Rothman and directed by Story. I have given FOX the benefit of the doubt too many frickin' times. To loosely quote The Who: I WON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN!!!!

Even if it's true, look at Spider-Man 3...that thing started ages ago and it's coming out the same time as FF. Generally speaking, more time=better filmmaking.

How did you get fooled the last time? You were down on the movie from the beginning....

Orko Is King said:
Yay! Another rushed Fantastic Four movie!

Whoopee! Another year of pessimistic naysayers!

And you may very well be right, all you nay-sayin' people.;)
But there'll sure be a grin on my face if FF2 somehow ends up with a Wrath of Khan type pedigree.
I mean didn't that start out as a tv movie, for crying out loud? Right up to the point production started, if I'm not mistaken.

Just today I saw a couple of seconds of Christina Milan on some channel or another, and I remembered how she was briefly rumored to be in the running for the role of Sue.
Regardless of how bad FF1 was (and it was pretty bad in my book) I think it could have been so much worse.

Let me say, I have no "inside track" on FF2 of any kind whatsoever.

But I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that I have a good feeling about it for some completely inexplicable reason.

Maybe they learned a few things from the first one.
And maybe that "Director's Cut" is gonna come along at just the right time.

LOl, sounds to ME like Fox has as much confidence in THIS film as they did in the LAST one.

Probably with good reason.

Guys don't assume the script isn't done. Some filming starts in 3-4 weeks BTW. :) They already know exactly what they're filming. Fox will annouce this shortly.

CaptainStacy said:
LOl, sounds to ME like Fox has as much confidence in THIS film as they did in the LAST one.

Probably with good reason.

It's not about confidence. It's about not being stupid with your 150 million dollar investment. They learned that with Blade Trinity and Punisher going up against Oceans 12 and Kill Bill 2. It's better to run and live to see part 3 then play tough and watch both movies get hurt. Great move.

Where did Fox confirm the July 4th date in the first place? or Story, or Avi, or anyone?

396 days, 1 year 1 month, 34,214,000 seconds, 570,240 minutes, 9,504 hours, 56 weeks. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. This in my opinion is not good news. 13 months away, and the're still deciding on a script ? And their starting production in August ? 11 month from start date ? Granted most things are in place from the 1st movie. spx, ect. 5 months to shoot. 6 months for spx ? Tight, real tight. Nothing else opening that weekend. The Brave One, and Stardust opening weekend after. Transformers 4th of July, Harry Potter 13th of July. May not be a bad move, boxoffice wise, but what kind of sequel will we get with 11 months to do it in ?

Advanced Dark said:
It's not about confidence. It's about not being stupid with your 150 million dollar investment. They learned that with Blade Trinity and Punisher going up against Oceans 12 and Kill Bill 2. It's better to run and live to see part 3 then play tough and watch both movies get hurt. Great move.

I agree, it is a great move boxoffice wise, but once again, what will we get with such a short time from start to release ?

Script has been confirmed by Avi...
August date has not been confirmed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"