International release dates!!

Dammit just saw that the French release is 8th of August which means the Swiss one cannot be far off.

That sucks..... :(

They moved the Italian release date back to June 15th. It's highly probable it will be the same for all the European countries. The so called Day-and-date.

I would love to see a release date the same worldwide.....I understand it is up to the distribution company, but still just seems logical to release it at the same time everywhere....

I would love to see a release date the same worldwide.....I understand it is up to the distribution company, but still just seems logical to release it at the same time everywhere....
Fox has distribution branches all over the world. Like Warner, Sony and BuenaVista.

Fox has distribution branches all over the world. Like Warner, Sony and BuenaVista.

True, but it has been Constantine for some of the European venues and they don't always choose the same dates.....even Fox's own distribution companies throughout the world, normally choose different dates......it would be nice if they would get together....

Unfortunately Constantin has the rights. It's one of the worst companies when it comes to promoting a movie. I would be so happy if Fox would get them ...

Regards,
Maestro

I'm so gutted that the UK release date is 15th June...I have an A-level exam that afternoon!

In Italy release date is no more 17th August, but 15th June. Yeah!!!

The official worldwide release schedule is now up on the official site too and it's still August here.Yippy!!:dry:

I don't see anything for Germany - why is that?:huh:
Because that's the only place where Fox doesn't distribute directly the movie. Over there it's distributed by Constantin Films on the strength of having purchased the movie rights for the characters, like 15 years ago.

Because that's the only place where Fox doesn't distribute directly the movie. Over there it's distributed by Constantin Films on the strength of having purchased the movie rights for the characters, like 15 years ago.

Oh...i didn't know that.:o

August 23, 2007 is the release date for Germany! :csad:

Regards,
Maestro

August 23, 2007 is the release date for Germany! :csad:

Regards,
Maestro

Christ...that's crazy!:( :down

I'd really like to know why Fox and Constantin Films has chosen this release strategy over here? Why do some countries get it in June and others in August - Is it to avoid a clash with Die Hard and Transformers?:confused:

And Shrek 3 which opens June 21 here in Germany!

Regards,
Maestro

Unfortunately Constantin has the rights. It's one of the worst companies when it comes to promoting a movie. I would be so happy if Fox would get them ...

Regards,
Maestro

I second that. It´s a shame how bad they dubbed the Trailer. The Release Date for Germany sucks even more! :( :csad:

Here in Spain is released August 10!! It's not fair! Why Spiderman was a world wide release and this one's not???

And Shrek 3 which opens June 21 here in Germany!

Regards,
Maestro
Shrek opens on June 21 here as well and Ocean's 13 on....June 13.The summer is packed and FF2 got the worst push of all.:(
Here in Spain is released August 10!! It's not fair! Why Spiderman was a world wide release and this one's not???
Fox are probably thinking that this release strategy will guarantee them more box office success.

There's a new release date for Germany. Now the movie will hit theaters on August 14, 2007 (it's a Tuesday).

Regards,
Maestro

There's a new release date for Germany. Now the movie will hit theaters on August 14, 2007 (it's a Tuesday).

Regards,
Maestro

Thats a step in the right direction but it's still 2 months late.

We Finns have August too. Fck.

EDIT: Btw, I dreamed of FF2 last night. It sucked. :D Sue was like in one scene and in the end there wasn't even any big battle nor Galactus. I remember complaining about it to my friends "Man, just like Spidey 3!". I hope it wasn't a foresight dream (I don't know the actual English word/phrase for "enneuni" but I guess you get my point).

We Finns have August too. Fck.

EDIT: Btw, I dreamed of FF2 last night. It sucked. :D Sue was like in one scene and in the end there wasn't even any big battle nor Galactus. I remember complaining about it to my friends "Man, just like Spidey 3!". I hope it wasn't a foresight dream (I don't know the actual English word/phrase for "enneuni" but I guess you get my point).

"Premonition" would be the closest I think.

Regards,
Maestro

The date was officially announced today! So I have to wait 2 months longer ... :csad:

Regards,
Maestro

I'm glad I don't live in Japan.

Bahrain 13 June 2007
Egypt 13 June 2007
Estonia 13 June 2007
Indonesia 13 June 2007
Oman 13 June 2007
Dominican Republic 14 June 2007
Hong Kong 14 June 2007
Israel 14 June 2007
Malaysia 14 June 2007