BvS The MOS 2 release date thread

It'll be out in 2015.

And now that I'm thinking about it, none of the studios have scheduled their upcoming films for late May 2015 yet. Avengers 2 will be winding down in its fourth weekend, why not look at scheduling the MOS sequel for May 22 or May 29?

July 17, 2015 will probably end up being in that release spot, but you never know...

WB loves that mid-July spot, so the chances were good (even with a hiccup like Pacific Rim).

pirates 5 is really going to hurt it overseas.

Nice , nice move WB by releasing this AFTER the worldcup.
:word:
Every studio knows just how big football tourmaments like the worldcup or Eurocup can be done and just how much it can affect sales outside north america.
As for Pirates hurting it , we'll have to wait and see. The last Pirates movie definately didn't set the BO on fire in the states and unless they up the ante in terms of spectacle , chances are the last movie might've also left a sour taste in peoples mouth.
What WB needs to do is just market the hell out of this movie

Oh it's on!

It seems like a pretty tight schedule, but I bet if this film starts to look really promising, the wait is going to seem like forever.

We all know WB infamously moved BvS from July 17, 2015 to May 6, 2016. Barring an inevitable move up to April or back to July, does anyone think WB won't move it up to late 2015 if a spot opens up. I've been hearing that Bond 24 might be pushed back to 2016 because of script rewrites, does anyone think WB might move BvS to the November 6th spot if MGM and Sony budges? Or in the unlikely event that Star Wars: Episode VII gets delayed, what about December?

Eh, I think if/when BVS moves it'll either move to April or July.

The only way BvS moves is if it moves back to Christmas 2015. And the only way that's gonna happen is if Disney decides to move 'Captain America 3' forward, in favor of 'Star Wars: Episode VII' assuming the May 6th, 2016 spot (and its looking likely with Abrams demanding a delay, and Harrison Ford's injury delaying production).

And of course, in turn, BvS would move back in the schedule to the Christmas 2015 spot.

TBH, this is an arrangement I can actually see both agreeing to as both have more to gain by shifting the dates around this way, rather than staying put. ESPECIALLY since Episode VII is in need of extra production time, and neither Disney or Marvel wants to deal sith BvS being on the same day as Cap 3 OR SWEPVII and, really, vice versa.

Last edited:
Given that the studio has already got Goyer and Snyder to return prior to MOS grossing $134M on its opening weekend... I'm positive that WB will set a release date for the sequel next week. If I were a betting man, I'd say as early as Monday afternoon.

Seeing as how mid-July has been very good to WB since 2007, probably the empty spot of July 17, 2015. Or since that MOS broke the June opening record, maybe even June 12 or June 26.

My money's on July 2015, personally. I'd be surprised if it was earlier than that.

July 17 2015? i'm so wanted your prediction come true. :(

July 17 2015? i'm so wanted your prediction come true. :(

It did before Kevin Tsujihara decided "Let's beat Marvel at their own game" and moved it to May 2016. But as the box office performance of TASM2 demonstrates, Sony getting the May spot for TASM2 before Marvel Studios did didn't work out well. Partly due to Marvel releasing CA2 in April and partly due to how craptastic TASM2 was.

If none budges after Comic Con, I'm willing to bet one will after Fast & Furious 7 opens this April. It's likely to break $100M for the three day weekend, and might encourage WB to break precedent and open BvS a month earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"