New Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie and TV show in the works!

‘Texas Chainsaw Massacre’: Fede Alvarez Comments on Those Rumors About a Recent Test Screening

So what’s the latest on all that? Well, we still don’t have any release details, but Bloody Disgusting’s Boo Crew Podcast did sit down with both Fede Alvarez and Don’t Breathe 2 director/Texas Chainsaw Massacre producer Rodo Sayagues for a new chat that briefly touched upon the upcoming big screen return of Leatherface. Here’s what Fede had to say.

For starters, he wanted to dispel some of those rumors about poor test screenings.

“I would let the studio announce [the planned release], but we played it a couple times. There was someone online who said it didn’t go well; I don’t know what screening he was at… it was amazing,” Alvarez explains. “When you test it, you get a score, and it scored as good as [Don’t Breathe 2], which I think is better than Don’t Breathe 1. So that tells you something.”

He continues, “It started just as Evil Dead started; us thinking, what can we do with this character and this franchise. A lot of respect for the legacy of the first movie, but we’re aware there’s a new audience out there who might not love it or doesn’t know anything about it, so we need to make sure they can enjoy it as well. That’s how the story was crafted.”

You’ll have news soon,” Alvarez adds.

Curious to see this. Here's hoping for an October release this year.

Damn I saw the thread updated and thought we had a trailer.

Yet another lazy move of keeping basically the same title. They should have called this one The Texas Hipster Massacre.

That's actually not a bad first trailer, but I still don't have high hopes for this movie, especially with it going straight to Netflix and the stuff I heard in those leaks from the early screenings.

Trailer isnt telling much but also doesnt look too bad.
But i agree with @KaijuDude1992 , this going straight to netflix and the leaks...dont really fill me with confidence in this.

We will see.

Trailer Monday.

“After nearly 50 years of hiding, Leatherface returns to terrorize a group of idealistic young friends who accidentally disrupt his carefully shielded world in a remote Texas town.”

EAF49418-8BDF-4133-8FE4-68D237294F5B.png

The third Part 2!

Someone will have to tell me which sequel (or prequel) is actually worth a watch.

And confession, I actually enjoyed the remake.

The third Part 2!

Someone will have to tell me which sequel (or prequel) is actually worth a watch.

And confession, I actually enjoyed the remake.
When it comes to the endless string of horror remakes that we got in the 2000s, the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake was one of the better ones. The prequel that followed was unwatchable trash, though.

When it comes to the endless string of horror remakes that we got in the 2000s, the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake was one of the better ones. The prequel that followed was unwatchable trash, though.

Agreed. In fact I would argue that it's one of the best, if not THE best. It kicks the **** out of The Wicker Man, Black Christmas, and House of Wax remakes, though I guess that's not saying much...

Whenever I watch TCM '03, I'm struck by how much it works as an actual movie and not just a horror remake...

Agreed. In fact I would argue that it's one of the best, if not THE best. It kicks the **** out of The Wicker Man, Black Christmas, and House of Wax remakes, though I guess that's not saying much...

Whenever I watch TCM '03, I'm struck by how much it works as an actual movie and not just a horror remake...
It's a good one, but to me the best horror remake from that period was The Hills Have Eyes since it actually managed to be better than the original. The Friday the 13th remake was also fun to watch in a packed theater.

It's a good one, but to me the best horror remake from that period was The Hills Have Eyes since it actually managed to be better than the original. The Friday the 13th remake was also fun to watch in a packed theater.

I forgot about The Hills Have Eyes! That one is definitely up there too...

I also liked Friday the 13th. Not a great movie but fun to watch every once in awhile...

Speaking of which, it's time for a Friday the 13th reboot! I'm sure some producer somewhere is drooling over those Halloween reboot dollars and thinking hmmmmmmm :yay:

Poster gives me Scary Stories vibes.
latest

I forgot about The Hills Have Eyes! That one is definitely up there too...

I also liked Friday the 13th. Not a great movie but fun to watch every once in awhile...

Speaking of which, it's time for a Friday the 13th reboot! I'm sure some producer somewhere is drooling over those Halloween reboot dollars and thinking hmmmmmmm :yay:

Nothing Friday the 13th related is happening anytime soon. There is still lots of things going on with the legal battle and lawsuits. Been going on for years if you weren’t aware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"