The Dark Knight New viral marketing?

TomPiltoff

you are all diseased
Reaction score
Hi guys. This is probably nothing, but there's a small chance it could be something, so I wanted to share.

I live in Pittsburgh, PA and while I was at the bus stop today I noticed a street post that had weird pictures posted on it. I went in for closer inspection and I think I might have stumbled upon some weird kind of Dark Knight viral marketing.

There were four individual pieces of paper, but only two of them were different. They were pictures of two girls in black and white, looked like they had been Xeroxed. Then over the black and white somebody used magic marker to give them Joker-like smiles and colored their hair.

There was erratic scribbling below each picture. Both writings had a creepy kind of religious theme to them, but it was really extreme in a crazy person kind of way.

The kicker for me is that BOTH texts reference bats. The first one I saw said something like 'there was a picture of a bat in the newspaper and it had the face of a man'.

There was no copyright, URL, anything like that on the paper. I also looked to see if I could find the pictures put up anywhere else in the immediate area. I could not.

The strangest thing about this, to me, is that being in Pittsburgh, I usually read about the cool viral marketing that's going on in New York and LA, I never get a chance to stumble upon it myself.

Here are some pictures (sorry, I took them on my cell phone). You guys see what you think.

Pic 1

Pic 2 (you can see the reference to a bat in this text)

Again, sorry if this turns out to be nothing, but I found it intriguing.

well, either way, warhol's got nothin on the person who made those fine pieces of art..... ..

could be, but if they were to do this on bus stops and the like, I'd imagine it'd be alot closer to the movie, and probably more clearly the "joker" style make (larger smile, etc)

i wouldnt be too positive, i see signs exactly like that all over chicago. though, they were here filming all summer...but ive been seeing those for a couple years now. the real question is- what is it actually related to? because its really sort of creepy.

Pittsburgh PA Represent! What street were these on? It looks more like a religious cult sort of thing. You know them types!

0907071536arb8.jpg

I doubt that Warner Bros. would include the message "Stay sober or lose Christ" in their marketing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"